Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of "Psycho".

I just can't stop looking at it.

Way to sell the movie to me with one picture. My God.

I was super excited for this until I read...

Scarlett Johansson is playing Janet Leigh, who played Marion Crane in Psycho; Jessica Biel is playing Vera Miles

Not just one of those two actresses... but both of them. :barf:

At least Hopkins will be fantastic as usual. I just wish they would have gotten a few actresses that had more talent and not just looks.

WTF you on

scarlett is a proven good actress i still am baffled by the hate she gets

Both of them are proven actresses. Fanboys just have a love/hate relationship with them.

WTF you on

scarlett is a proven good actress i still am baffled by the hate she gets

Proven? Her being a good or bad actress isn't a fact, that's just my opinion that she isn't that great. Just because you got the hots for doesn't mean you need to give people **** that look past that. Also, if you're thinking of bringing up Lost in Translation as proof she's a great actress(because a lot of people do), don't, she was alright in that but nothing special.

I already know she's going to be the weak link in Avengers for me.

did i mention 1 thing about her looks?

NOPE that was you who brought that up

she is a good actress has nothing to do with whoever finds her attractive or not

You know I'm hoping soon they release a Blu-Ray collection of Hitchcock's films soon like they did with Kubrick's films.

Proven? Her being a good or bad actress isn't a fact, that's just my opinion that she isn't that great. Just because you got the hots for doesn't mean you need to give people **** that look past that. Also, if you're thinking of bringing up Lost in Translation as proof she's a great actress(because a lot of people do), don't, she was alright in that but nothing special.

I already know she's going to be the weak link in Avengers for me.
Wait, if a lot of people say she's great in Lost in Translation and you think she wasn't, that means they're all wrong and you're right? :huh: I don't think that's how it works.

Wait, if a lot of people say she's great in Lost in Translation and you think she wasn't, that means they're all wrong and you're right? :huh: I don't think that's how it works.

Hahaha! Read my post again where I mention opinions. Everything I say is my opinion, just like everything everyone else says is also their opinion on subjects like these. I meant that I'm sick of people using that one movie as their example to change my view.

did i mention 1 thing about her looks?

NOPE that was you who brought that up

she is a good actress has nothing to do with whoever finds her attractive or not

I know you didn't but the majority of people when talking about her have their tongues hanging out of their mouths. I'm simply stating I believe IMO, that it can cloud people's judgement.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with either of those actresses, but I just can't see them playing the characters they're assigned too. Maybe a set photo will change all that for me.

Bringing this back to one of my favorite directors. This is a great little snippet of an interview with Mr. Hitchcock. I've always loved his sense of humor.

I don't know about you guys but when I was 11 or 12 they used to give reruns of Alfred Hitchcock Presents on KTVU and I really enjoyed those short films. His intros to them were some of the highlights of the show. :funny:

Brilliant man. I really hope they do him justice.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with either of those actresses, but I just can't see them playing the characters they're assigned too. Maybe a set photo will change all that for me.

I agree. Then again, I felt the same way about Hopkins before I saw that pic! :wow:

Also, your avvy is synching perfectly with Passion Pit's "Sleepyhead" right now. Hahahaha

Last edited:
Am I the only one who is just sure that the movie will NOT be released in 2013. They are shooting it right now, and they will be done by Jone for sure. That means that they will have about 4-5 months of post production and then they will release the movie by November-December for the Oscar season. 99% sure about it. This movie is Oscar bait and no studio will ever release it in early 2013.

Mark my words. This movie will be released in this awards season.

PS: THIS IS AMAZING MAKEUP JOB. Probably an Oscar ala Meryl in the Iron Lady.

Am I the only one who is just sure that the movie will NOT be released in 2013. They are shooting it right now, and they will be done by Jone for sure. That means that they will have about 4-5 months of post production and then they will release the movie by November-December for the Oscar season. 99% sure about it. This movie is Oscar bait and no studio will ever release it in early 2013.

Mark my words. This movie will be released in this awards season.

PS: THIS IS AMAZING MAKEUP JOB. Probably an Oscar ala Meryl in the Iron Lady.
you are right. or they will realese it in november 2013 hehee :woot:

i am in a way angry that i saw the pic. because i dont have a trailer.

That pic of Hopkins is completely amazing, and really makes me want to see this movie. It was quite fascinating to watch Hopkins' performances as Nixon and Picasso as well back in the days.

Scarlet is hot, radiates due to her personality as well (In Good Company), and is a great actress as well.

Can't see the Garfield thing, but can see the D'Arcy thing.

Can't see the Garfield thing, but can see the D'Arcy thing.

I'm surprised you can't see a resemblance. I think its quite uncanny:

16ixp1w.jpg

n51sbc.png

Well, in the first pic - definitely. But, still for me gotta agree with D'Arcy looking incredibly close.

A0E2783F-3694-44A4-B362-7B13F862DD01.jpg

Anthony-Perkins.jpg

I'd say what he and Garfield have in common, looking at it more is their facial expressions rather than physical resemblance itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"