Alice Krige as.....?

I guess, since she was so fantastic as the Borg Queen, and again they've yet to name her character or list her in IMDB, I just have a really hard time believing that her "small" role will not be very big/important/impactful in a way. It would be a waste of her otherwise. And it seems like Alfyse is really quite unnecessary to the story, from what we know/think will happen so far. they have Malekith to lead the Dark Elves, they don't need a Queen too.

At the same time it's SO likely that Hela would show up, with all the death that's to be expected in Thor 2, and rumors of seeing all 9 realms in some way. And I'm still wondering if she may figure into the Thanos storyline, perhaps not as a lady Death/Hela combo, she could instead just be exchanged for Lady Death as the "love interest" for Thanos in AV2. They certainly made a few different pairings in the x men movies, from what I remember from the comics (for instance, Iceman and Rogue were never an item from what I recall). So they could certainly change some of those aspects of the story to freshen it up and make it more accessible to the general audience. And that also could explain why Thanos may allow Loki to continue to live after his failure, if he is the son of his beloved. Hm?

and...

if Frigga dying is true then that would be a good time to bring in his birth mother and see what happens from there. I definitely think with Krige in that role, no matter who she ends up being, that the dynamic between them would be absolutely FASCINATING. :wow:

and on a probably/possibly unrelated note, watching the very beginning of Avengers the other day, when Loki is handed the scepter, I noticed that the hooded figure that hands him the scepter is neither Thanos, The Other, or a Chitauri. That is for certain. There is a pale normal five figured humanoid hand that hands it to him. Not clear to me if it's male or female but could certainly be female.

And A3. With the new rumors being that the masters of evil will be in Avengers 2, (probably formed by Thanos) Thanos will be in avengers 3 for infinity gauntlet movie is well.

And A3. With the new rumors being that the masters of evil will be in Avengers 2, (probably formed by Thanos) Thanos will be in avengers 3 for infinity gauntlet movie is well.

Masters of Evil for those not "in the know"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masters_of_Evil

I think I might put that one in my "wishful thinking" rumors bucket for now. :p Mainly because, in Avengers they just barely got in enough characterization and story arcs for the individual heroes, and there was really only 1 main villain to worry about (and a group of mindless nasties coming down from the sky at the end, who really didn't need much of a story arc). With this in mind, putting an entire group of individual bad guys together that you have to then introduce, show their powers, and give him some characterization and story arcs to make them seem more like individual... well... that's going to be a HELL of a long movie. They did pull that off sort of in Xmen, but I think they lost time for some of the characters and story arcs because of it. I'd have rather seen more about Storm, for one. And they can't really do a "lord of the rings" thing where it's ended on sort of a cliffhanger and split up in parts, since they are going to want to do the individual movies in between Avengers times. So, needless to say, a group of villains like this versus the Avengers seems like it would be extremely difficult to pull off and still keep enough of the story and characterizations there. I get the feeling providing good story and interesting characters is much more important to those handling the films than just throwing in flashy elements and fan favorite characters just for the sake of it. It needs to make sense, it needs to be a good story, and it needs to be doable within a film format.

Last edited:
Masters of Evil for those not "in the know"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masters_of_Evil

I think I might put that one in my "wishful thinking" rumors bucket for now. :p Mainly because, in Avengers they just barely got in enough characterization and story arcs for the individual heroes, and there was really only 1 main villain to worry about (and a group of mindless nasties coming down from the sky at the end, who really didn't need much of a story arc). With this in mind, putting an entire group of individual bad guys together that you have to then introduce, show their powers, and give him some characterization and story arcs to make them seem more like individual... well... that's going to be a HELL of a long movie. ...I get the feeling providing good story and interesting characters is much more important to those handling the films than just throwing in flashy elements and fan favorite characters just for the sake of it. It needs to make sense, it needs to be a good story, and it needs to be doable within a film format.

On balance, I would have to say I agree. But the movie is still several years off, so we have plenty of time to talk about "what if they did this" and "what if they did that" :woot:

The two comments I have about the idea of the Masters of Evil:

1. Well, it's one way to get Amora (the Enchantress) into the story.
2. They need a better team name.
3. Could Alice Krige play one of the Masters? :oldrazz:

Edit: I guess that's three comments.

Last edited:
On balance, I would have to say I agree. But the movie is still several years off, so we have plenty of time to talk about "what if they did this" and "what if they did that" :woot:

LOL. #2, yes definitely.

And if anyone could pull it off and still have it be a good story, it's Joss, but seeing how Joss has said how difficult writing the ensemble action film Serenity was, and seeing how he told himself he'd not do that again, then promptly hit his head and "made a Homer Simpson noise" when he was in the middle of writing Avengers, I'd be a little surprised if he willingly subjected himself to doing an ensemble villain cast alongside the ensemble hero cast. Good story and characterization means too much to Joss. It would be extremely difficult to pull off, and that made even more difficult with him needing to keep in line with what the individual films are doing with the characters, and keeping track of powers and story arcs with all of that. Extremely difficult task there.

Edit to add: and along the lines of what I just said, just found this...
"Ever since confirmation of the director’s return, Whedon has been surprisingly candid about how he intends to approach the superhero follow-up - in spite of the usual secrecy surrounding Marvel projects. Even though he’s keeping plot details under wraps, the director is promising a “deeper” character story in The Avengers 2 – one that is supported by the respective efforts of his companion Marvel cinematic universe “phase two” directors."

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-joss-whedon-phase-2-marvel-universe/

so a large ensemble villian cast would again be very very difficult to squeeze in there and still be able to dig "deeper" into the characters stories.

Last edited:

Edit: I guess that's three comments.

LOL. #2, yes definitely.

And if anyone could pull it off and still have it be a good story, it's Joss, but seeing how Joss has said how difficult writing the ensemble action film Serenity was, and seeing how he told himself he'd not do that again, then promptly hit his head and "made a Homer Simpson noise" when he was in the middle of writing Avengers, I'd be a little surprised if he willingly subjected himself to doing an ensemble villain cast alongside the ensemble hero cast. Good story and characterization means too much to Joss. It would be extremely difficult to pull off, and that made even more difficult with him needing to keep in line with what the individual films are doing with the characters, and keeping track of powers and story arcs with all of that. Extremely difficult task there.

Edit to add: and along the lines of what I just said, just found this...
"Ever since confirmation of the director’s return, Whedon has been surprisingly candid about how he intends to approach the superhero follow-up - in spite of the usual secrecy surrounding Marvel projects. Even though he’s keeping plot details under wraps, the director is promising a “deeper” character story in The Avengers 2 – one that is supported by the respective efforts of his companion Marvel cinematic universe “phase two” directors."

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-joss-whedon-phase-2-marvel-universe/

so a large ensemble villian cast would again be very very difficult to squeeze in there and still be able to dig "deeper" into the characters stories.

Here is the deal with my opinion. Given that the source also said Thanos will be playing a role in all the movies, I'd say that the masters will be lackeys for Thanos.

The team will be different from the comics, no doubt. Here's why. With as packed as Thor: The Dark World is, I don't THINK the enchantress and executioner are appearing. MAYBE THEY ARE! That would be awesome for sure, but as of right now, I don't think so.

Most likely, this team will be a combination of villains being introduced into the mcu for phase 2. We already got abomination in custody. We are getting manderin and radioactive man from ironman. Crossbones and zemo from cap, and kurse and malekith (though he'ss probably die) and from thor. it will probably be a variation of those

kurse and malekith (though he'ss probably die) and from thor. it will probably be a variation of those

I've been meaning to ask this: I thought after Kurse gets his revenge, he becomes peace-loving and even is made an honorary citizen of Asgard. If that's the case, how is it that he stays a villain?

I'd take that "rumor" with a large mountain of salt.

At this point, aspiring CBM oracle RogerWardell is just throwing darts in the dark and hoping something will surely stick.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that the MOE will show up in any format in Avengers 2.

At this point, aspiring CBM oracle RogerWardell is just throwing darts in the dark and hoping something will surely stick.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that the MOE will show up in any format in Avengers 2.

I've seen that twitter, yes, I am highly suspicious that that guy is not legit at all. just another con artist making guesses to get attention. There has been multiple occasions on twitter now of people pretending to be "in the know" or pretending to be linked to the marvel productions that turned out to be false for whatever reason. And check out who he is following by the way, most of them are adult female models with big boobs (as they proudly state in their own bios!). Seeing that really doesn't cause me to respect his opinion or take him seriously, whatsoever. :cmad: If he's ever right it's probably just a really good guess.

I've been meaning to ask this: I thought after Kurse gets his revenge, he becomes peace-loving and even is made an honorary citizen of Asgard. If that's the case, how is it that he stays a villain?

As you guys have been telling me, it's the MCU, not the 616 verse :p. They could simply have sim stay a villain if they decide to.

I've seen that twitter, yes, I am highly suspicious that that guy is not legit at all. just another con artist making guesses to get attention. There has been multiple occasions on twitter now of people pretending to be "in the know" or pretending to be linked to the marvel productions that turned out to be false for whatever reason. And check out who he is following by the way, most of them are adult female models with big boobs (as they proudly state in their own bios!). Seeing that really doesn't cause me to respect his opinion or take him seriously, whatsoever. :cmad: If he's ever right it's probably just a really good guess.

Innocent until proven guilty in my eyes. Every "rumor" have turned out to be true. Sure, you could say that some of them were probably guesses based on other things, but can you prove they were? Not necessarily, as far as I am concerned right now, his rumors turned out to be true.

I don't know about you or anyone else, but I am giving him the benfit of the doubt

As you guys have been telling me, it's the MCU, not the 616 verse :p. They could simply have sim stay a villain if they decide to.

that is what I'm thinking too, or Thor kills him.

Innocent until proven guilty in my eyes. Every "rumor" have turned out to be true. Sure, you could say that some of them were probably guesses based on other things, but can you prove they were? Not necessarily, as far as I am concerned right now, his rumors turned out to be true.

I don't know about you or anyone else, but I am giving him the benfit of the doubt

Up to you, but I'm not. There have been too many posers out there already. I trust and put the most merit in what I read or hear the actors say, and Feige, and those people directly involved. I have some reservations about the Stunt man and his information but having listened to the interview will be giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Other than that, I proceed with caution.

Welllllll, okaaaaay. I suppoooose. Lol.

Thor killing him would be movie-cliche, albeit satisfying.

Up to you, but I'm not. There have been too many posers out there already. I trust and put the most merit in what I read or hear the actors say, and Feige, and those people directly involved. I have some reservations about the Stunt man and his information but having listened to the interview will be giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Other than that, I proceed with caution.

I tend to weight by preponderance of evidence or what makes sense in terms of the bigger picture, especially in terms of logistics. But it's also fun to wonder what it would mean if rumor-of-the-week turns out to be true.

I'm sure if I were to bother to dig, I could come up with some rumor or another that turned out not to be true. So I am loathe to speak in absolute terms.

I don't know. Kurse will probably be tyhe one to kill malekith, after that, I sort of feel like I may not even want to see him die lol.

And yes, as Sam said, I am not FULLY on board with it, grain of salt, but there are reasons to believe him, I am not saying he's 100% telling the truth, but I have plenty of reasons to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Yeah,
there have been too many posters trolling us. But here is the thing with this guy, this isn't his first rumor, he's come out and said multiple things, and h is rumors that he stated ALL turned out to be true,

the shield TV series
falcon and widow being in cap 2
Crossbones to be in cap 2 (it may have been the same guy who said the actor as well)
and Manderin being the villain for ironman 3 before marvel announced it

yeah, he had the big thing of predictions a week or so ago, and sure, anyone could have gathered that conclusion, but right now, those are logical rumors, and he has a good record with these previous ones ^^

I'm open minded, and because of his prior rumors, I am more than willing to give him then benefit of the doubt.

Welllllll, okaaaaay. I suppoooose. Lol.

Thor killing him would be movie-cliche, albeit satisfying.

I tend to weight by preponderance of evidence or what makes sense in terms of the bigger picture, especially in terms of logistics. But it's also fun to wonder what it would mean if rumor-of-the-week turns out to be true.

I'm sure if I were to bother to dig, I could come up with some rumor or another that turned out not to be true. So I am loathe to speak in absolute terms.

idk. I feel like IF Kurse dies, it may be sad. Kurse may be the villain we sympathize for, cause he is manipulated by Malekith

idk. I feel like IF Kurse dies, it may be sad. Kurse may be the villain we sympathize for, cause he is manipulated by Malekith

That would be different from cliche, so that would be better.

I don't know. Kurse will probably be tyhe one to kill malekith, after that, I sort of feel like I may not even want to see him die lol.

That would be different from cliche, so that would be better.

One thing, again they may not set him up the same way as they did in comics, so you may not be as sympathetic. I have a gut feeling that it will wind up being Malekith vs Loki and Thor vs Kurse. No spoilers on that yet, but just my gut instinct of how this story will go, so take with a grain of salt if you want. ;)

However, it would be an interesting twist if instead of killing Kurse, Thor somehow gets Kurse to turn good and he winds up being the Dark Elves new leader, leading them into a new more peaceful age. This would be a HUGE accomplishment for Thor (especially in Odin's eyes who would probably rather see Thor learn to solve these types of issues peacefully)

And lets not forget someone is probably going to have to help Thor defeat this Beyonder/Krige/Tesseract/whatever character that changes Kurse in the first place. That could be what Kurse turns against instead of Malekith here.

Last edited:
One thing, again they may not set him up the same way as they did in comics, so you may not be as sympathetic. I have a gut feeling that it will wind up being Malekith vs Loki and Thor vs Kurse. No spoilers on that yet, but just my gut instinct of how this story will go, so take with a grain of salt if you want. ;)

It *would* be a way to allow for more magic to be displayed.

However, it would be an interesting twist if instead of killing Kurse, Thor somehow gets Kurse to turn good and he winds up being the Dark Elves new leader, leading them into a new more peaceful age. This would be a HUGE accomplishment for Thor (especially in Odin's eyes who would probably rather see Thor learn to solve these types of issues peacefully)

I think that weighs heavily on Odin's mind these days--resolving differences among the realms in more ways than just battle.

And lets not forget someone is probably going to have to help Thor defeat this Beyonder/Krige/Tesseract/whatever character that changes Kurse in the first place. That could be what Kurse turns against instead of Malekith here.

Well, in the books (as I understand), The Beyonder finds existence as we know it novel, and is trying out various experiences just to experience them. So he wanders through Thor's world and thinks, "I wonder how a revenge dynamic works". So he changes Algrim and then wanders off, not to be seen again. Presumably he looks in on events at some point to see how it works out with Kurse.

So in that telling of the story, That Which Changed Algrim is not an ongoing threat. But they possibly could make it so in the film. (I don't know if this is something that Surtur or his agent might try to pull off, for example.) It could up the tension, which would be good.

It *would* be a way to allow for more magic to be displayed.

EXAAAAAAACTLY! That's why it's my gut instinct that Malekith vs Loki WILL happen. It's got the potential to be a very different kind of fight than what we've seen so far. And I truly believe that Loki will be after revenge if stuntman's spoilers are correct, plus he may be after other stuff as well, but mainly revenge.

I think that weighs heavily on Odin's mind these days--resolving differences among the realms in more ways than just battle.

Again, exactly! It would make Thor seem more ready to be King both to the audience and to Odin (if he survives that long)

Idk. I mean. Kurse and Malekith, that's a relationship in their own. They wouldn't change it THAT much. Malekith Manipulates Algrim into fighting Thor, and loosing.

I'd bet Surtur ends up turning Algrim into Kurse, who at that point is out for blood, thor and malekith. I know loki vs malekith and thor vs kurse would be nice, but I don't see that happening. The dynamic between Kurse and Malekith is TOO big to leave that alone :) its part of Kurse's character, and they won't get rid of that concept for a Loki redemption...ESPECIALLY if Surtur is involved, and leads to a Surtur saga (at either the end of the movie, or thor 3) Loki's redeption will be helping odin, and thor fight surtur, to save the 9 realms. That would be better for Loki anyway.

But Kurse and Malekith, that's just something too tight to break up. Kurse will be the one that kills Malekith, if I am wrong, I will eat dirt, and video tape myself doing so to prove it :)

But you see what I mean? It's too important to their character to stray away from that, Loki's redemption will be fighting Surtur, as it is in the comics, which this movie is based on. PLUS it'd be better so see Loki fighting along side his brother and father against this enemy trying to DESTROY the 9 realms. Ends with Odin dying, and Thor and loki coming together. Loki still helps to save the 9 realms, and he is still loki. Thor becomes king.

But kurse and malekith's "relationship" can't just be ignored

be regarding Kurse and what you said aabout thor convincing him, that would actually be great. I really like that. Cause Kurse isn't EVIL persay, just out for revenge, once he gets his, and then becomes leader of the dark elves, well it comes full circle as a character arc. Which is why I think it is CRUCIAL that he kills Malekith

Last edited:
Think of it this way, if Malekith is responsible for killing
Frigga
IF that spoiler is true, then either Loki or Thor WILL be the one to take revenge on and kill Malekith not Kurse. And Loki being who he is, is more likely to take revenge than the hero Thor will be. Plus the fight is going to be really really cool and different from what we've already seen. They need to change that up to keep it interesting. The death of that character goes far FAR deeper and impacts those characters MUCH more than any manipulations that have been done to Algrim/Kurse. They wouldn't necessarily be ignoring that relationship and the manipulations of Malekith, it would just be the end result that is different. Kurse's revenge on Malekith would be then turning good and leading the dark elves into a peaceful age (sort of like Alfyse does, it sounds like), if this hypothesis pans out.

and it wouldnt necessarily mean total redemption for Loki, it is only a gesture that he still cares for his family, and could be seen as a bit of an olive branch I suppose to Thor. It is still revenge though, and that is not usually seen as redemptive. When Lucas first titled Return of the Jedi, it was Revenge of the Jedi, but then it was changed because Jedi are basically a force of good and do not take revenge. It was however, Revenge of the Sith. ;)

The stuff with Surtur or something similar could still happen in Thor 3.

And I wont hold you to the eatin' dirt and taping it thing. ;)

Edit: Note I've reposted this in the Kurse thread in order to try to keep the conversations in the relevant threads.

Last edited:
I know loki vs malekith and thor vs kurse would be nice, but I don't see that happening. The dynamic between Kurse and Malekith is TOO big to leave that alone :) its part of Kurse's character, and they won't get rid of that concept for a Loki redemption...ESPECIALLY if Surtur is involved, and leads to a Surtur saga (at either the end of the movie, or thor 3) Loki's redeption will be helping odin, and thor fight surtur, to save the 9 realms. That would be better for Loki anyway. . . . It's too important to their character to stray away from that

I can see that. Any ideas for getting any big magic battles into the story?

be regarding Kurse and what you said aabout thor convincing him, that would actually be great. I really like that. Cause Kurse isn't EVIL persay, just out for revenge, once he gets his, and then becomes leader of the dark elves, well it comes full circle as a character arc. Which is why I think it is CRUCIAL that he kills Malekith

Yeah, it would add some nuance to one of the realms. They're not all just battle foils for the Asgardians.

But Kurse and Malekith, that's just something too tight to break up. Kurse will be the one that kills Malekith, if I am wrong, I will eat dirt, and video tape myself doing so to prove it :)

Here's a recipe to keep in your back pocket, should you ever find yourself backed into a corner like that (there are lots of variants): http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/dirt-cups-57763.aspx

I really can't see Krige being anyone other than Hela. I am curious as to who she'll be though.

I really can't see Krige being anyone other than Hela. I am curious as to who she'll be though.

She may be that in some sort of cameo. I like the idea of them changing Hela to being Loki's mom still and the implications and dynamics would be really great.

it may be another female character that turns into the Beyonder/Tesseract thingy if that pans out. In any case, it seems likely we may see both characters the more I think about it.

Editing to add:
and as some of you may see I'm trying to move some of the Kurse discussion to the Kurse thread and the Jane relevant discussion to the Jane thread so others interested will see it and so we can try to get back to who we think Alice may be playing here.

My top 3 guesses for Alice's part in order are Hela, Beyonder/Kosmos/Tesseract/Cosmic Cube character for a least some of it, or Farbauti (Loki's Frost Giant mother, if he is full frost giant after all)

Last edited:
I can see that. Any ideas for getting any big magic battles into the story?

Yeah, it would add some nuance to one of the realms. They're not all just battle foils for the Asgardians.

Here's a recipe to keep in your back pocket, should you ever find yourself backed into a corner like that (there are lots of variants): http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/dirt-cups-57763.aspx

I MAKE THAT FOR HALLOWEEN EVERY YEAR

Think of it this way, if Malekith is responsible for killing
Frigga
IF that spoiler is true, then either Loki or Thor WILL be the one to take revenge on and kill Malekith not Kurse. And Loki being who he is, is more likely to take revenge than the hero Thor will be. Plus the fight is going to be really really cool and different from what we've already seen. They need to change that up to keep it interesting. The death of that character goes far FAR deeper and impacts those characters MUCH more than any manipulations that have been done to Algrim/Kurse. They wouldn't necessarily be ignoring that relationship and the manipulations of Malekith, it would just be the end result that is different. Kurse's revenge on Malekith would be then turning good and leading the dark elves into a peaceful age (sort of like Alfyse does, it sounds like), if this hypothesis pans out.

and it wouldnt necessarily mean total redemption for Loki, it is only a gesture that he still cares for his family, and could be seen as a bit of an olive branch I suppose to Thor. It is still revenge though, and that is not usually seen as redemptive. When Lucas first titled Return of the Jedi, it was Revenge of the Jedi, but then it was changed because Jedi are basically a force of good and do not take revenge. It was however, Revenge of the Sith. ;)

The stuff with Surtur or something similar could still happen in Thor 3.

And I wont hold you to the eatin' dirt and taping it thing. ;)

Edit: Note I've reposted this in the Kurse thread in order to try to keep the conversations in the relevant threads.

I know lol. But like I said. Kurse kills malekith. That's the thing. They are both in this movie, you haven't read much of the books, I know. But that is SUCH a big moment for Kurse, I just don't see it ending any other way. We will maybe get a loki vs malekith and thor vs kurse...but kurse will, and should be the one to kill Malekith. Thor at this point has a bit more of an emotional connection to his mother than Loki does at this point I'd say.

But I mean, its kurse and malekith, that's such a big part of malekith's character, I would be dumbfounded if they reduce kurse to simply a brute to fight thor. Especially with the arc this is based off. There is potential for a great story, with multiple character arcs being able to be fulfilled, Kurse's oppritunity is there to go full circle around and complete that character arc. I see no reason for that to change.

But I guess we will just have to agree to disagree...per usual

shocker :p but that is okay, you are one of the few I can disagree with and not feel aggrivated lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"