Supergirl All About The Ratings!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to mention this positive development last week.

Supergirl made it's debut in Germany on ProSieben (the fifth biggest station in the country) recently. According to an article from QuotenMeter they aired the first two episodes on Tuesday just after 22:00. Despite the late start, the pilot episode drew 1.63 million viewers and episode 2 got understandably less with 1.43 million viewers.It had a 14.5% market share amongst 14-49 year olds beating rival station RTL who were showing The Blacklist.

A contributing factor to the success may have been that the pilot episode aired with only one short commercial break just before the end.

Also, the article notes that The Flash and Gotham scored even better on their debuts. However, both had a sharp fall in ratings in the weeks after.

http://www.quotenmeter.de/n/84378/supergirl-legt-starken-start-bei-prosieben-hin
ProSieben's Supergirl site:http://www.prosieben.de/tv/supergirl

Excellent news, glad to see that now you guys can enjoy it with us. :)

I was hoping it went up....but will take the 1.3... :)

I will take it but if it doesn't go up with the crossover, there is a problem.

fami do you have a link to unrounded numbers?

Same place they always are, in the comment section of spottedratings.com for the preliminaries and (about a week later) on tvseriesfinale.com for the finals

its always odd to see how good or bad shows do across multi countries. As for next week crossover i hope we do get that uptick again and get back to 1.5 to 1.7 range we where hitting for a good while. But still ratings wise things are still very solid for cbs and for the show.

I forgot to mention this positive development last week.

Supergirl made it's debut in Germany on ProSieben (the fifth biggest station in the country) recently. According to an article from QuotenMeter they aired the first two episodes on Tuesday just after 22:00. Despite the late start, the pilot episode drew 1.63 million viewers and episode 2 got understandably less with 1.43 million viewers.It had a 14.5% market share amongst 14-49 year olds beating rival station RTL who were showing The Blacklist.

A contributing factor to the success may have been that the pilot episode aired with only one short commercial break just before the end.

Also, the article notes that The Flash and Gotham scored even better on their debuts. However, both had a sharp fall in ratings in the weeks after.

http://www.quotenmeter.de/n/84378/supergirl-legt-starken-start-bei-prosieben-hin
ProSieben's Supergirl site:http://www.prosieben.de/tv/supergirl

And have I said lately how much I miss seeing you all the time like back on the OLD F4 boards? Because I do miss seeing you.... :yay:

Just posted....

CBS renews 11 shows (Supergirl isn't one of them, yet)

CBS just renewed 11 shows for next season – but none of the network’s freshman series were included in this early round of pickups.

The network has picked up dramas Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, Elementary, Scorpion, Madam Secretary, NCIS: Los Angeles, and NCIS: New Orleans. On the comedy side, Mom and 2 Broke Girls have been renewed, and reality veterans Survivor and The Amazing Race have also received pickups. Previously, CBS gave early renewals to NCIS and The Big Bang Theory.

So who’s not yet safe?

The biggest name that leaps to mind is Supergirl, which was one of the buzziest new dramas going into the fall. Still, Supergirl is considered highly likely to get a second season, however, and CBS is going to decide whether to pick up freshman shows at a later date. Also among the absent are series Limitless, Life in Pieces, CSI: Cyber, Code Black, and the network’s latest debut, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, which opened earlier this month.

But there’s also one title that’s not a freshman and not on the list: Veteran Criminal Minds, and the series just lost one of its main characters after 11 seasons.

CBS previously announced final seasons for Person of Interest, The Good Wife and Mike & Molly.

In theory, CBS could still renew all of these shows by the time the broadcaster’s May upfronts roll around. (They won’t, but will certainly opt for at least some of them.)

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/25/cbs-renews-supergirl

saw that urrggh for them still not saying anything on supergirl. They are likely probably waiting to either the crossover airs or the last episode airs to make official word.

saw that urrggh for them still not saying anything on supergirl. They are likely probably waiting to either the crossover airs or the last episode airs to make official word.

They have already talked about the new shows....these were all simply shows they have had on for years.

Official word will come in time.

Ya but like others have pointed out almost every show currently airing on cbs besides supergirl and 3 others I believe it is all been renewed. Why keep it dragging I say in sg case. As we know it's has performed very well and no reason it shouldn't be picked up.

Ya but like others have pointed out almost every show currently airing on cbs besides supergirl and 3 others I believe it is all been renewed. Why keep it dragging I say in sg case. As we know it's has performed very well and no reason it shouldn't be picked up.

It's not just Supergirl that they are waiting on, they haven't renewed any of their new shows officially, only what the CEO said a couple of weeks ago. So, its not like they have just not said anything about SG.

I think everyone just needs to be patient, and enjoy Monday night.... :)

ya it just be nice to have the official word though.

The show's been renewed; they are just waiting to formally announce the renewal. As I've pointed out elsewhere, you've got network president Les Moonves publicly saying that pretty much their entire Freshman series lineup is being renewed, as well as people directly involved with SG itself speaking openly and repeatedly about Season 2 being a certainty.

Just be patient and enjoy the ride, because Season 2 is a lock.... it just hasn't been formally announced as being a lock.

My hope is that it is much higher than that....

My dream is a 1.9, if the people of America want to surprise me and make it higher, go right ahead!

lol...that would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"