Homecoming All the technical details of this deal

Im having trouble wrapping my head around what I've heard. Apparently after the sequel to Homecoming Spidey leaves the MCU. But...how? Another reboot? Retcob? A secret wars style event where the universes are forcibly split leaving Peter with No memory of the Avengers?

He literally cant leave the MCU.

I'm pretty sure they said he has a six film contract. Regardless, if they can't work out to extend his contract and keep him in the MCU after the contract expires, Sony will do one of two things: Work out a separate contract with Tom Holland or work out a contract with another actor and start over.

It's possible (even probable) that their agreement with Marvel covers this contingency and Sony won't be allowed to make Spider-Man movies with Tom Holland without Marvel's consent. If so, only the second option is possible. However, with the first option, they could just continue movies without referencing but not contradicting what came before. Audience members would be confused on whether it's part of the same universe, but those who really care about these things can pay attention and find out.

So what about promos and posters? Spiderman did not show up on the Civil War posters. I wonder if Iron man will appear in full armor in Homecoming posters.

So what about promos and posters? Spiderman did not show up on the Civil War posters. I wonder if Iron man will appear in full armor in Homecoming posters.

If he's a feature in the trailers I'm sure he'll be on posters and promotional stuff. They aren't just selling the new Spider-Man but the MCU as a whole, because it sells. :up:

Because Sony seems adamant on doing a multiverse.

fxck sony then.

i'm a proud owner of a Ps1, 2, 3, and now Ps4, but they got absolutely no intention in giving the fans what they want with spiderman

There were issues over how Spider-Man could be promoted during Civil War, hence why there were no solo toys made of him. People kept expecting him to get a Hot Toys or a Figuart for CW and it never happened. He could only be released in boxed sets with other Marvel characters.

Soooo much pressure on this film to bring in great numbers. With RDJ appearance in this film, I fear about the very high expectations that SONY will have.

You would hope they understand this is just a building block. If they expect much more then TASM they'll be in for disappointment. Anything above that should be considered a surprise.

I am only hoping they actually make it because Sony's MARVEL movies after making that deal with MARVEL will only burn Sony Pictures into the ground so bring it Sony DO YOUR WORST TOM ROTHMAN just like you morons did with Ghostbusters DO YOUR WORST WITH VENOM

IN FACT MAKE VENOM INTO A CHICK

YOUR WELCOME FOR THE IDEA TOM ROTHMAN

Go the Renew Your Vows route and introduce the new MJ that way. ;)

Hey, at least it would not feel like a retread.

He won't. Count on it.

Indeed. This strikes me as typical studio PR moves. They would never say something like that to the press unless they want to start whipping up the fans to do, well what the fans are doing right now. This is being used as a negotiation strategy to create pressure to bring Marvel back to a deal that re-ups the contract after Avengers 4/Homecoming 2.

And Marvel will have an incentive to cut a deal, because they need Spidey after Downey, Evans, Hemsworth, and Johnasson are gone. And Sony threatening to walk away with Holland's Spidey and not do anymore could give Sony some skin in the negotiation game.

This is all purely speculation, but I see no other reason for a producer to put these ideas in the press except to create hype and tension.

What if Vemom is generally well recieved by audiences and makes alot of money

Your question is largely irrelevant. The important question is "How *likely* is a Venom movie to be well-received and successful?"

Given both Sony's track record and their apparent motivation, the odds are small.

Your question is largely irrelevant. The important question is "How *likely* is a Venom movie to be well-received and successful?"

Given both Sony's track record and their apparent motivation, the odds are small.
Turns out you were only half right. Not well received, but successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"