BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Malone really use a line from TDKReturns in an instagram photo of her dyed hair? Frankly, that's more telling than any supposed report if true. Did this happen?

Drastic times call for drastic methods? Yes. She did.

Does anyone have this instagram pic of Malone with the TDKReturns quote?

No idea how reliable this is but.....

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_gpwlokbg/

claim Callan Mulvey is the joker

Nah, I very much doubt it.

What about his guy for Hal Jordan?:

600full-ben-barnes.jpg

I remember him from that terrible Dorian Gray movie. Though he himself did good as far as I can recall.

He's 33 years old and would work well with younger Flash.

No idea how reliable this is but.....

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_gpwlokbg/

claim Callan Mulvey is the joker
I don't believe that but if it's true, we MIGHT have a good idea of what the Batman universe looks like

Batman: Ben Affleck
Robin: Jena Malone
Alfred: Jeremy Irons
Thomas Wayne: Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Joker: Callan Mulvey
Harley Quinn: Margot Robbie

Did Malone really use a line from TDKReturns in an instagram photo of her dyed hair? Frankly, that's more telling than any supposed report if true. Did this happen?

Just looked through all her recent pics and nothing..

not everyone shares the same opinion as you

Yeah, obviously.
My question to him was why would he want Robin in a movie that already features Superman, his supporting cast (Lois, Perry, Martha, etc), as well as Batman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg as well as potentially Aquaman and whatever other cameos they're going to want to put in there? It's a completely valid question.
I had my birthday earlier this year, and when asked what sort of cake I wanted I didn't say "cookie cake, and red velvet cake, with chocolate, and strawberries, and vanilla, and frosting, and sprinkles, and ice cream, and sweet tarts, and oreos, and lollipops, and-".
Seriously, at what point do you draw the line and go "no more"? How do you expect Robin to fit into this organically? I understand that we don't know anything about this movie but there is no way you can convince me Robin could fit into this thing naturally. You just can't.
the first Batman/Superman stories featured Robin. Robin is more appropriate for a Superman/Batman movie than WW, Aquaman or Cyborg
Ok, but we know we are getting the last three. Why add one more confusing layer to this already bloated production? Just save that storyline for Batfleck's film down the line where it would be more appropriate.

Once again, I doubt this will happen because I think Snyder and co are smarter than that.

I don't think snyder would cast Callan Mulvey as the Joker

but thats just me

We also got Scoot as Jimmy. Not enough Jimmy talk going on here.

Yeah, obviously.
My question to him was why would he want Robin in a movie that already features Superman, his supporting cast (Lois, Perry, Martha, etc), as well as Batman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg as well as potentially Aquaman and whatever other cameos they're going to want to put in there? It's a completely valid question.
I had my birthday earlier this year, and when asked what sort of cake I wanted I didn't say "cookie cake, and red velvet cake, with chocolate, and strawberries, and vanilla, and frosting, and sprinkles, and ice cream, and sweet tarts, and oreos, and lollipops, and-".
Seriously, at what point do you draw the line and go "no more"? How the heck do you expect Robin to fit into this organically? I mean honestly, I understand that we don't know anything about this movie but there is no way you can convince me Robin could fit into this thing naturally. You just can't.

Ok, but we know we are getting the last three. Why add one more confusing layer to this already bloated production? Just save that storyline for Batfleck's film down the line where it would be more appropriate.

Once again, I doubt this will happen because I think Snyder and co are smarter than that.
Robin would be the most natural character to add to this movie, it wouldn't have to be confusing. She fits in well with virtually any story with Batman in it. Especially a story that's inspired by TDKR.

Thanks. I have to say, I am closer to believing the Carrie Kelly thing now. Still, the proper context and exact details are important. If she's Carrie that doesn't mean what some thinks it means. I could see her having BEEN Robin after the death of Jason, but now that Batman has slowed down, she may have moved on, or may just be an aide de camp to Bruce, but no longer puts the suit on.

After Fury, I want Brad Pitt for Green Arrow. Been a while since I've seen a Pitt film and he would kill it as Oliver.

We also got Scoot as Jimmy. Not enough Jimmy talk going on here.
Leaving Jimmy out of MOS was dumb as hell. :doh:

The guy that leaks Lois' story should've been Jimmy. Or Jenny couldve been Jimmy. Either way, it would've been easy to work him into the story

Forgive me, but where do they say "drastic times call for drastic measures" in TDKR? I honestly don't remember. The last time i read the GN was years ago, but I've seen TDKR part 1 and 2 countless times.

Jimmy's a photoboy, not a writer.
Running a blog would not be completely out of character, I'm pretty sure no one would bat an eye. He could run the website in addition to being a freelance photographer

Robin would be the most natural character to add to this movie, it wouldn't have to be confusing. She fits in well with virtually any story with Batman in it. Especially a story that's inspired by TDKR.

But that's just more screen time taken away from more important characters.
Introducing Batfleck to audiences is already going to require a lot of thought, tact, and skill. Throwing in a girl sidekick is just going to further muddy the waters and add more questions than answers.
Snyder is going to have a great time showing us this new Batman, his equipment, his costume, his mansion, his origins, etc., and I'm honestly looking forward to that. There is absolutely no need to throw in a kid sidekick, that would add a whole lot of baggage to this potentially great storyline.
Once again, it won't happen for all the reasons I am saying and if it does happen I don't see it going well.

Forgive me, but where do they say "drastic times call for drastic measures" in TDKR? I honestly don't remember. The last time i read the GN was years ago, but I've seen TDKR part 1 and 2 countless times.

Yeah, I can't remember either.

Leaving Jimmy out of MOS was dumb as hell. :doh:

The guy that leaks Lois' story should've been Jimmy. Or Jenny couldve been Jimmy. Either way, it would've been easy to work him into the story

Jimmy doesn't leak stories and it would look silly if he served Jenny's purpose and begged Perry and Steve to get him out of the rubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"