BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, so no love for the son of Jor-El from the celebs. **** Hollywood and their profligacy. J/k, but not really. :(

I just skip 3d showings in general. When they REALLY have that tech down I will go, but as of now it's far too hit and miss.
Yup, as it is right now I wouldn't even choose 3D if I had to pay the same let alone paying more money.

That's the sad reason why I won't go to the opening night of BvS here.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that when Superman confronts Batman for their epic showdown in Gotham City, Superman ends up destroying the Bat-Signal with his heat Vision. If my memory serves me correct, the 2014 Comic Con Teaser showed an extended clip of their confrontation on the rooftop, with Superman's eyes glowing red upon arrival.

tumblr_o1l0xr_AEe_K1rei3gfo2_1280.jpg

I also think that by the end of the film, Superman will probably be the one to call upon Batman with a newly rebuilt Bat-Signal to extend an olive branch and call it truce between them.

tumblr_o1o0p4FoUc1udwsc5o2_500.png

Seems like Superman arrives, lands, and Batman unloads on him with the remote machine gun turrents. I'm guessing then Superman flies back into the air and destroys the turrents with his heat vision.

Seems like Superman arrives, lands, and Batman unloads on him with the remote machine gun turrents. I'm guessing then Superman flies back into the air and destroys the turrents with his heat vision.

The clips and footage that we've gotten seem to suggest that before they start their fight on the ground, they have some kind of scuffle on the rooftop first. I'm actually wondering on how they go from that to their fight on the ground.

Superman ends up destroying the Bat-Signal with his heat Vision. If my memory serves me correct, the 2014 Comic Con Teaser showed an extended clip of their confrontation on the rooftop, with Superman's eyes glowing red upon arrival.

I also think that by the end of the film, Superman will probably be the one to call upon Batman with a newly rebuilt Bat-Signal to extend an olive branch and call it truce between them.

tumblr_o1o0p4FoUc1udwsc5o2_500.png

Superman: Turn it off!
Batman: No!
Superman: Quit disagreeing with me! Turn it off!
Batman: No, and you can't make me!
*Batsignal gets lasered to a pulp*
Batman: :cmad: Why you....

The clips and footage that we've gotten seem to suggest that before they start their fight on the ground, they have some kind of scuffle on the rooftop first. I'm actually wondering on how they go from that to their fight on the ground.

I think they start on the roof -
batman-v-superman-trailer-049.jpg

Fight -
bvstthree39.jpg

Bats stomps Supes through the window-
batman-v-superman-trailer-076.jpg

They fight for a bit in that room-
bvstthree35.jpg

Supes tackles and they go through a few floors-
bvstthree23.jpg

hen Supes gets smashed down into the bottom floor or out the building, Bats grapple down there-
bvstthree24.jpg

4a77c4d8f59b2379c741acb12571f6af.jpg

Bat's turrets get Supes, he heat visions them-
bvstthree28.jpg

bvstthree30.jpg

They talk and then I have no clue what happens-
batman-v-superman-20.jpg

Anybody else curious about this? Only 19 airings of BvS commercial spots so far at 12.45 million spent. That's compared to hundreds of airings for other movies that have spent less. Quality over quantity? Seems like high risk when football fans use the bathroom and miss these 30 second spots...

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/kung-fu-panda-3-takes-the-lead-in-tv-ad-spending-1201688451/

http://variety.com/2016/more/news/batman-v-superman-takes-the-lead-in-tv-ad-spending-1201683260/

Look at it this way. They've only aired on 4 networks 2 days out the week and they still have more online activity than every movie on the list.

Yup, as it is right now I wouldn't even choose 3D if I had to pay the same let alone paying more money.

That's the sad reason why I won't go to the opening night of BvS here.

Just sort of using your sentiments to opine and share to all on this subject.

At the theater I use, the I-Max screens always run in 3D. For the first week of a blockbuster like this one, especially, 3D is the only game in town.

I'm not as averse to it as you are, but I won't say it is something that I categorically dislike. By the same token I'm also not particularly a fan of 3D either. So far I've only been truly wowed by it for Avatar (and that perhaps in large part because the tech was brand new then). Avatar was very deliberately crafted to show off how 3D could impact the experience, and it actually did quite a good job with that aspect.

I think 3D usually does not enhance the film experience much. Most of the time it's not really convincing, and calls attention to itself as such. In that sense it can even be a minor distraction. Often, it seems to use just three planes and doesn't feel very real. Much of the time it seems like a glorified version of this simple toy from my childhood!

The other thing is that my brain simply adjusts to it and I usually forget its even there. (So what's the point?)

But I noticed when during the showing of TFA, when I watched the BvS trailer on an I-Max screen in 3D, the now familiar scenes I know in 2D did actually come to life in a new way that was really pretty cool. For example, the scene of Superman flying up and letting loose with his heat vision was neat to see in 3D. To my brain anyway, it did feel like he was flying toward the camera. Creating the illusion of flight kind of worked in that little glimpse.

Anyway, for BvS I'm hoping that I might actually going to kind of dig the 3D experience. I do want to see the film in I-Max, so I'll have no choice. But here it might just turn out to be an added bonus.

Just give me it in a normal screen in 2D, I usually get lost in a film anyway a so extra quality picture or 3D I don't need. I actually can't stand 3D it's a right rip off, you usually forget part way through that you're even watching a film in 3D anymore. Well I do :woot:

25 March, just outside the theater, looking at a Batman v Superman poster :D

giphy.gif

Just give me it in a normal screen in 2D, I usually get lost in a film anyway a so extra quality picture or 3D I don't need. I actually can't stand 3D it's a right rip off, you usually forget part way through that you're even watching a film in 3D anymore. Well I do :woot:

You're right. It's a rip-off and it sucks that every DC film is going to be in 3D.

I do understand it as a business decision.

I want to go see it on IMAX, but there won't be an IMAX showing that ISN'T also 3D over here.

I am not really a fan of 3D at all but I will most likely watch it IMAX 3D because that is what my free ticket to watch it a week early is for.:o

You're right. It's a rip-off and it sucks that every DC film is going to be in 3D.

I do understand it as a business decision.

Oh yeah from there stand point it makes sense they'll increase their numbers.

Since I know I'll see it in the theater more than once, I think I'm gonna shoot for 2D first. For me, volume and sound quality are better than picture. I know it's going to look good on a 2D format or 3D, but some venues are way too quiet for me. I like to feel the bass in my chest.

I wonder if there are four different parts to that comic since I found another one with a different cover saying it's part 3 of 4 (and on the cereal box it does say 4 to collect)

12523759_1653782394875423_360012125_n.jpg

More proof that the MOS/BVS design should be the ones used in the comics.

Indeed, these designs translates effortlessly from the big screen to a comic book.

DC Rebirth please let that happen.

Just imagine if they add a turtleneck to the costume for Justice League.:o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"