BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, these designs translates effortlessly from the big screen to a comic book.

DC Rebirth please let that happen.

There aren't changing comics to follow the movies, that was just a rumor (fortunately....there are problems with New 52, but I love this continuity, and so far there's no indication that they are doing a full reboot. I don't want it to be based on DCEU; it might work for movies, but won't necessarily for comics).

Then they could at least give Superman the movie costume.

Think they'll add something digitally? But we've already seen it in the trailer, granted in latest trailer it did look like there was something on it, like it's screen of a kind, while in earlier it was pure red... anyway, for some reason, it really baffles me. :funny:
That's my guess.
Plain red will probably look distracting, unless they have a reference of Dracula in mind.

Yeah, I noticed the fire extinguisher as well. Not sure why you mentioned it though...?
Because it's red.
:oldrazz:

I'm not a big fan of 3D unless it's needed like in Avatar. I'm not a fan of movies that are made for 3D to have things popping out at you like a gimmick. THink Harold and Kumar's 3D Christmas movie. Blah.

But I generally see movies in 3D because it usually comes with the better theater.

Having said that, I saw The Force Awakens at a local theater in 3D and it seemed dark and it didn't seem to add anything.

I then went and watched it at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum in Laser Projection IMAX (a true IMAX screen) and OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG...

So yes, true IMAX is always better even with 3D.

I think they start on the roof -
batman-v-superman-trailer-049.jpg

Fight -
bvstthree39.jpg

Bats stomps Supes through the window-
batman-v-superman-trailer-076.jpg

They fight for a bit in that room-
bvstthree35.jpg

Supes tackles and they go through a few floors-
bvstthree23.jpg

hen Supes gets smashed down into the bottom floor or out the building, Bats grapple down there-
bvstthree24.jpg

4a77c4d8f59b2379c741acb12571f6af.jpg

Bat's turrets get Supes, he heat visions them-
bvstthree28.jpg

bvstthree30.jpg

They talk and then I have no clue what happens-
batman-v-superman-20.jpg

IF the bat signal is on top of GCPD, would that imply, assuming you're right, that's an old abandoned GCPD?

Otherwise, the scene where he uses the signal to call Superman happens elsewhere from the scene where they crash through the roof.

Or the bat signal is just on some other building.

If that is the old GCPD building then Gotham police had a fancy hq.

Why dos Bats have the armor offin some scenes? Did Superman destory it?

Why dos Bats have the armor offin some scenes? Did Superman destory it?

Two meetings.

First meeting Superman appears when Batman is off chasing criminals. The face to face standoff on the Batmobile.

Second meeting likely starts on the roof. Once Superman tells Batman not to return to the light, looks like Batman uses that to lure Superman back when he's ready and that's when the big fight happens with Batman more prepared and armored up and likely with his Kryptonite.

Third time will be against Doomday where Batman doesn't have the armor and likely comes in with the Batwing after Superman starts fighting Doomsday. Doomsday takes out the Batwing and that's when Wonder Woman shows up.

Two meetings.

First meeting Superman appears when Batman is off chasing criminals. The face to face standoff on the Batmobile.

Second meeting likely starts on the roof. Once Superman tells Batman not to return to the light, looks like Batman uses that to lure Superman back when he's ready and that's when the big fight happens with Batman more prepared and armored up and likely with his Kryptonite.

Third time will be against Doomday where Batman doesn't have the armor and likely comes in with the Batwing after Superman starts fighting Doomsday. Doomsday takes out the Batwing and that's when Wonder Woman shows up.

This once again brings up the question: Who is Batman meeting with when his light is turned on. If the Bat signal brings Batman to the signal, he's obviously meeting with someone and Superman knows this, hence the face off at the signal. The other question I had is that they show Batman pulling the tarp off and hitting the switch, making it look like it's been a loooong time since it was turned on.

Wow. That's certainly something. They aen't even bx shaped. :funny:

Two meetings.

Oh, yeah that makes much more sense. Thanks for explaining.

This...

is the roof of

this.. right?

Bats must be planning the attack...

This once again brings up the question: Who is Batman meeting with when his light is turned on. If the Bat signal brings Batman to the signal, he's obviously meeting with someone and Superman knows this, hence the face off at the signal. The other question I had is that they show Batman pulling the tarp off and hitting the switch, making it look like it's been a loooong time since it was turned on.

I thought it's pretty obvious from the trailers that he turned the light on to bait Superman into a fight? And yeah, Commissioner Gordon is rumored to be retired. Batman's probably been crime fighting on his own, without police help, and without the use of that light. It was just weird to hear Superman suggest "not to go to it" (as in, the light... which hasn't been used). Unless the trailer sequences are not in order.

Does anyone think we will ever see Superman do a Solar Power Up to defeat a enemy too strong for him?

I think they should do it once in one of the JL movies where he can only do it once and could kill him if he does it again after.

2740285-2653334-superman_sundipped.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking, either the gordon replacement of this world turns it on and superman sees the batsignal goes off and flies over

OR superman turns it on and waits for bats to show up

It's fun to think of superman seeing the batsignal and getting annoyed because he knows bats is probably breaking bones. And then he says enough is enough.

EDIT: batman could semi-retire after supes says the bat is dead. So the "commissioner" doesn't use it per bats orders. This gives Bats time to train and get ready for when HE turns it on

I thought it's pretty obvious from the trailers that he turned the light on to bait Superman into a fight? And yeah, Commissioner Gordon is rumored to be retired. Batman's probably been crime fighting on his own, without police help, and without the use of that light. It was just weird to hear Superman suggest "not to go to it" (as in, the light... which hasn't been used). Unless the trailer sequences are not in order.

There is the concept art that shows Superman at the Batsignal, appearing to maybe turn it on...the first time.

Maybe Superman turns it on to call Batman so he can confront him...?

then a second time Bats does it to goad Supes?

This...

is the roof of

this.. right?

Bats must be planning the attack...

I don't know if we know for sure. It's possible if he's fighting Superman in an area free of civilians and that second picture looks abandoned then they could be linked.
Or they could be two separate empty buildings.

It has the same unbroken skylight he stomps Superman thru...

The light Bats is looking at...

I think when Batman is armored up, it's Batman himself that turns it on because he knows Superman will go to the light to make sure Batman does not show up. Batman wasn't called to the light. Batman goes there and turns it on to call Superman to the light.

That's why Superman just appears in the light among the clouds and slams down to the ground pissed off that Batman didn't listen to him.

I think you can say that Act 1 concludes with Superman warning Batman on the Batmobile. Any Clark Kent vs Bruce Wayne interaction happens here. Sets up Superman and Batman's place in society. The Black Zero event flash backs, Lois investigating Lex, etc...

Act 2 will be all about Bruce preparing for Superman including the "he brought the war to us" speech and any encounters he may have with Lex including how Batman obtains the Kryptonite. Act 2 will climax with their fight.

Act 3 will focus on Batman and Superman putting aside their differences and the revelation that Lex has been playing both of them. Once Lex sees that he can no longer use Batman to take out Superman, he unleashes Doomsday.

We've been told that the knightmare vision opens the movie. I'm not convinced of that but it could be and that would add weight to why Bruce is weary of Supes.

I think you can say that Act 1 concludes with Superman warning Batman on the Batmobile.

Act 2 will be all about Bruce preparing for Superman including the "he brought the war to us" speech and any encounters he may have with Lex including how Batman obtains the Kryptonite. Act 2 will climax with their fight.

Act 3 will focus on Batman and Superman putting aside their differences and the revelation that Lex has been playing both of them. Once Lex sees that he can no longer use Batman to take out Superman, he unleashes Doomsday.

Pretty much what I believe the three acts are going to go: escalation, conflict, resolvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"