BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 108

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a reference right?

:o

watching_avengers_i_understood_a_gif_reference-88347.gif

So, any news of interest today? Was someone confirmed or cast in anything? Serious question.

Jai Courtney might join Suicide Squad, but (according to THR) the role is unknown; Same goes for Will Smith. Though Variety is saying the former is Deadshot and the latter is Captain Boomerang. I'm going with THR on this one

Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, and Tom Hardy are all but officially confirmed to play Joker, Harley Quinn, and Rick Flagg respectively

Michelle MacLaren is apparently WB's choice to direct Wonder Woman

So...yeah.

Last edited:
So, if I read correctly they'll film the theater flashback tonight?

So, if I read correctly they'll film the theater flashback tonight?

Yup.

Could be that they already finished filming it. And it looks like it's Jeffrey Dean Morgan who's playing Thomas Wayne.

B2SfDo-IUAEDEjn.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter said:
The studio has been meeting with numerous female directors — although not specifically for the Wonder Woman project. Last week, the studio met with Jennifer Kent, the director of the well-regarded female-centric horror film The Babadook. Lesli Linka Glatter, a director and co-exec producer on Homeland, which also has a strong female lead at its center, was also on the studio's meet list.

Don't specifically say for WW but it's in the WW article. I guess WB met with Jennifer Kent and Lesli Glatter

I really hated the Variety article about WB potentially finding a WW director because for some odd reason the writer saw fit to bring up 50 Shades of Grey. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Yup.

Could be that they already finished filming it. And it looks like it's Jeffrey Dean Morgan who's playing Thomas Wayne.

B2SfDo-IUAEDEjn.jpg
I wonder who's playing Martha.

Carla Gugino? :woot:

So the death of Thomas and Martha is apparently going to be shot in IMAX. Because nothing beats seeing a child witness the death of his parents on the largest screen possible.

So the death of Thomas and Martha is apparently going to be shot in IMAX. Because nothing beats seeing a child witness the death of his parents on the largest screen possible.

all of that murdery goodness on the big screen, Its just too much

I for one am glad Snyder is including that bit. Will be interesting to compare it to B89's version.

Sometimes Snyder comes off ******ed in his choices. It's like he does things because he heard it was cool, without having a real purpose for doing it for the scene. Maybe there's a LOT of Imax in this movie, which would be fine. But if there's just a few scenes, what's the point of filming the flashback in Imax? It feels like in MOS, when he suddenly does this stylistic close-up of a damn coffee machine then a quick edit/close-up to the door knob lmao. Everytime i watch that i laugh like "what was the purpose behind that? did he see Tarantino or some other director do something smooth and he's like I GOTTA THROW IN A SHOT LIKE THAT CUZ IT'S AWESOME! where do i do it though?? Ill just do it here".

:hehe:

Sometimes Snyder comes off ******ed in his choices. It's like he does things because he heard it was cool, without having a real purpose for doing it for the scene. Maybe there's a LOT of Imax in this movie, which would be fine. But if there's just a few scenes, what's the point of filming the flashback in Imax?
I give Snyder a lot of flack for his directing choices, but this wouldn't be one of them. IMAX simply provides the best picture possible that you can capture on film. I don't even need an explanation beyond that.

Why wouldn't any fan want that seminal moment to be captured with the best possible lens?

Sometimes Snyder comes off ******ed in his choices. It's like he does things because he heard it was cool, without having a real purpose for doing it for the scene. Maybe there's a LOT of Imax in this movie, which would be fine. But if there's just a few scenes, what's the point of filming the flashback in Imax? It feels like in MOS, when he suddenly does this stylistic close-up of a damn coffee machine then a quick edit/close-up to the door knob lmao. Everytime i watch that i laugh like "what was the purpose behind that? did he see Tarantino or some other director do something smooth and he's like I GOTTA THROW IN A SHOT LIKE THAT CUZ IT'S AWESOME! where do i do it though?? Ill just do it here".

Maybe because the Wayne murder is one of the most iconic moments in comicbook history and he wants it to be the best he can make it. This isn't a close up of a coffee machine (nitpicking much?), it's the effing Wayne murders. You're just going against logic in favor of being negative on this one.

[insert NOLAN! NOLAN! CHRIS! CHRIS! NOLAN! NOLAN!]

So Jai might not even be in Suicide Squad

Sources also say it’s a beat too early to start calling Terminator: Genisys star Jai Courtney for his Suicide Squad spandex-fitting. WB is keeping mum on this one, while some reports have Courtney pegged for a major role in the Ayer-directed supervillain team-up, which Tom Hardy, Will Smith, and The Wolf Of Wall Street‘s Margot Robbie are circling. Courtney might instead be cast in another of the DC comic book properties that WB has slotted through 2020.

http://deadline.com/2014/11/wonder-...on-has-fallen-paper-towns-casting-1201282960/

No one seems to know anything about him or Will ...

It's the most pivotal death(s) in comics history. Zack Snyder will make that scene memorable.

WB should clear things up before filming. I assume Will Smith's negotiations are much tougher than Hardy, Leto or Robbie. This is the same guy who turned down Django Unchained because he didn't get to kill the villain.

There is no doubt there will be a press release before filming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"