BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 204

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you guys have any concerns about BvS? I'm personally worried the movie might feel a bit too bloated. Also movies that set up other movies or characters usually have a pretty muddled story. Like Iron man 2, TASM2, even AOU.

My only concern is that DC Comics "realism" might make the films too "adult" and the box office might respond in kind. At least compared to...

My only concern is that DC Comics "realism" might make the films too "adult" and the box office might respond in kind. At least compared to...

Eh, adults will bring their kids to it anyway. It's Batman. You welcome, DC.

Also, don't count out the older folks, for some reason they know Batman is in the same movie as Superman. lol

I just wanna know if this Lois scene will make it into the final cut of the movie. It could be a flashback to happier days before she started a career in journalism.

a2Fke5E.gif

:o

How would you guys feel if they introduced Batfleck's origin through fast cut sequences?

Something like this:

[YT]InUj9BT8KCc[/YT]

popgmG2.jpg

7WFZpaD.jpg

DBn5qzS.jpg

It would be short and straight to the point.

If it were just a Batman film it wouldn't have the same level of interest because it would be just another straight Batman reboot after the massively popular Nolan films. The interest in the film is because Batman and Superman are in the same film for the first time. And, embarrassingly enough, it's Wonder Woman's big screen debut.

Anyway the film is going to make major bank, how much depends on if the majority of the audience likes the film. If the grim The Dark Knight can make 1 billion in 2008, without 3D ticket prices and before the international boom then I think the tone is fine as long as people like the film of course.

Last edited:
Also I compare Justice League to the Avengers not Batman v Superman. It's not a Justice League film.

I'll be staying away from this thread after the 3rd trailer. Will avoid TV spots, and any online reviews until I've seen the film on Thursday night of release.

Also I compare Justice League to the Avengers not Batman v Superman. It's not a Justice League film.

I reckon Capt America: CW will be heavily compared to B v S, not that it matters to me. Exciting times for fans either way

I will watch every trailers, but no tv spots.

People expect the movie to do Avengers numbers because Batman by himself is already doing that. It might be a leap in logic but Superman and Wonder Woman alongside him can only help those numbers.

The bigger crossover films get the bigger people's expectations are
I mean no one is even really comparing Captain America civil war to the cap movies before it just because most of the avengers are already in it

As long as the film makes enough to satisfy Warner Brothers I am cool with whatever it makes. Certainly WB expects over a billion and that makes sense but 1.5 billion is not an easy number to hit.

Last edited:
Ugh, so done with the whole Del Toro thing.

Though I'm not sure I was ever even really into it.

I’m not going to pursue action movies or superhero movies at all any more. I hope I can go back to doing the smaller, weirder ones.”

He turned down a bunch of ''nice'' superhero films. lol

I'm bummed he ain't doing Dark Justice tho.

I’m not going to pursue action movies or superhero movies at all any more.
So is Pacific Rim 2 happening or isn't it?

Ugh, so done with the whole Del Toro thing.

Though I'm not sure I was ever even really into it.

Yeah there are plenty of other directors they can look to for films that fall into his wheelhouse. I'm a fan and all, but I hopped off that hype train some time ago.

Del Toro doesn't decide Pacific Rim's fate.

I don't want Del Toro to direct any DCEU films.

So is Pacific Rim 2 happening or isn't it?

Universal decided that they have enough franchises and postponed PR2 indefinitely to "work on the story" and "give the audience the best experience possible". This despite the release date of PR2 not being for another 2 years, and the fact that they have been working on the script for the past year and a bit. So I would wager that unless Crimson Peak is a huge hit, we won't be seeing PR2 anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"