BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Batman defeating Superman in combat.
2. Not addressing the destruction and death toll caused by Zod's attack in Metropolis.
3. Having Superman go from the end of Man of Steel to being a fully developed hero of the people Superman alas Chris Reeve. By the end of BvS I want that, I want to see the development on screen.
4. Not having Alfred in it. And Gordon needs to be seen.
5. Gotham City not being featured.
6. Lex Luthor being anything other then an egomanistic businessman.

I've thought of another Batman saying "I'm the goddamn Batman" even once

If the person didn't really need it, I don't see what would be so hard about it.

The times we live in maybe? The rich get richer as they say, maybe he has something he could do with 50 million.

The times we live in maybe? The rich get richer as they say, maybe he has something he could do with 50 million.

Yeah, if he has plans where that type of money would be helpful, sure. But, it sounds like the author is trying to make something out of nothing based on that book summary.

This doesn't seem to be a dilemma unless Bale is somehow really worried about no longer being some type of box office draw or something. Based on his films lately, I don't think so.

Any type of negative reviews on the film.

Things that would make this SM/BM film suck?

1. Batman taking over more than 49% of the film.
2. Not enough Lex Luthor/Lois Lane/Daily Planet/Metropolis
3. Batman getting the better of Superman by too great a margin
4. Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Here's mine
-ignoring the consequences of the last film
-having a smarmy, clearly untrustworthy Lex. He needs to have good guy charisma to contrast with his true nature and be somewhat believable if he says he's untouchable.
-having an annoying, klutzy, painfully obvious "disguise" Clark Kent as opposed to a sincere performance like in MOS. Clark's not the liar Bruce is, and the *wink, wink* to the audience would be painful to have to watch again.
-going Marvel on the world the heroes live in. MOS did a great job of showing a mature and intelligent response from the government to an invasion. No "Bad guys? Nuke our most populous city!" moments.
-if an older Bruce, having him insist he works alone, especially if it true. You have an old Batman, you can throw in a Robin or two.
-if a younger Bruce, having him as inexperienced as in Geoff Johns' Earth One. He actually trained and prepared for his life, and he'd work better as someone older than his years.

The way I see it, Superman has his world and Batman has his. So if you wanna merge those two world together, then you're gonna have to at least TRY and have some fun with the fantasy elements that are inherent in these characters. That means they're probably gonna have to go with a MUCH lighter tone than we saw in MOS.

The one thing I fear is that Snyder and co. are gonna still try and go "grounded" with it and that's what's gonna come back to bite them in the ass when it's all said and done.

Here's mine
-ignoring the consequences of the last film
-having a smarmy, clearly untrustworthy Lex. He needs to have good guy charisma to contrast with his true nature and be somewhat believable if he says he's untouchable.
-having an annoying, klutzy, painfully obvious "disguise" Clark Kent as opposed to a sincere performance like in MOS. Clark's not the liar Bruce is, and the *wink, wink* to the audience would be painful to have to watch again.
-going Marvel on the world the heroes live in. MOS did a great job of showing a mature and intelligent response from the government to an invasion. No "Bad guys? Nuke our most populous city!" moments.

-if an older Bruce, having him insist he works alone, especially if it true. You have an old Batman, you can throw in a Robin or two.
-if a younger Bruce, having him as inexperienced as in Geoff Johns' Earth One. He actually trained and prepared for his life, and he'd work better as someone older than his years.

Yep. WF could still build on MOS, if they explore what makes Superman super, and that's who he is as a person. I'd rather have a film narrative that actually implies that he's top dog through his character, than yet another p!$$ing contest.

A stunt actor like Scott Adkins being Batman after Bale would give this movie bad buzz for sure

Bomer as Batman would make WF suck too. He should be Nightwing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back