Almost Human

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Deadline:
J.J. Abrams/J. H. Wyman Drama Lands At Fox With Pilot Production Commitment
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

With Fringe heading into its final season, the series’ JJ Abrams and J.H. Wyman are setting up a new futuristic drama at Fox.

In a competitive situation, the network has nabbed the Warner Bros. TV/Bad Robot project with a pilot production commitment. It is described as an action-packed buddy cop show, set in the near future, when all LAPD officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids. Wyman is writing and will executive produce with Bad Robot’s Abrams and Bryan Burk. Kathy Lingg is co-exec producing.

Wyman has been on Fringe since the first season. After co-running the show with Jeff Pinkner for the last couple of seasons, he was named sole showrunner for the sci-fi series’ upcoming final season.
My love for Fringe is more than enough to make me jump on board.

I love Fringe. I'm willing to give anything these guys do a shot.

Like what I hear so far, next is who they cast.

Given that the past three Bad Robot series have had a former Lostie as a series regular, I won't be surprised to see one here.... too much to hope for Holloway? *crosses fingers*

so tempting! I need something big to fill the Fringe-sized void in my heart, but I need to see some product before I committ

Given that the past three Bad Robot series have had a former Lostie as a series regular, I won't be surprised to see one here.... too much to hope for Holloway? *crosses fingers*

tumblr_kzhr5jNMfN1qb49c0o1_500.jpg

:o

Sounds like it could be fun with good casting, kinda wish the android was actually going to be an android as opposed to a guy just acting like one but looking human.

At least this might fill my sci-fi needs since Fringe is going off the air soon.

The pilot Josh Friedman has in the works sounds a bit I Robot-esque. I wonder if this one might be a bit more Blade Runner...

Robots, future earth, convoluted mystery I'm in.

I better see a LOST regular or two when this starts casting. I'm think maybe Henry Ian Cusick, since he also has Fringe experience. Rebecca Mader can say the same thing.

I love that. Not only did he do alot of great Fringe episodes, he also directed The Machinist. :up:

I still have yet to watch Fringe :-)() but JJ has quickly become on my favorite people in media right now. Looking forward to this!

I'm honestly surprised there has yet to be any casting for this.

"I'm honestly surprised there has yet to be any casting for this."

You mean 'casting press releases'.

Casting could well be underway - not every production is a publicity ****e at this point in their genesis.

:argh::oldrazz:

Obviously, casting is underway, but I'm just surprised we have yet to get a single name.

Former Common Law detective Michael Ealy is back on the beat as one of the stars of Fox’s futuristic drama pilot from J.J. Abrams and former Fringe showrunner J.H. Wyman, TVLine has learned.

The untitled project is being billed as an action-packed buddy cop show, set in the near future, when all LAPD officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids.

Ealy will play Dorian, the android partner of LAPD officer John Kennex. The twist? Dorian understands humanity more than John!

The role of John is still being cast.
http://tvline.com/2013/02/27/jj-abrams-fox-pilot-michael-ealy/

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"