Almost Human

PICKED UP TO SERIES
ALMOST HUMAN (working title)

From Emmy Award-winning executive producer J.J. Abrams and creator/executive producer J.H. Wyman and starring Karl Urban, Michael Ealy and Emmy Award nominee Lili Taylor, ALMOST HUMAN (working title) is an action-packed police drama set 35 years in the future, when police officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids. An unlikely connection is forged when a cop with an aversion to robots and a robot with unexpected emotional responses investigate cases in a brave new world. ALMOST HUMAN (wt) is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television. The series is created by J.H. Wyman, who wrote the pilot. The series is executive-produced by Wyman, J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk. Kathy Lingg (“Person of Interest,” “Revolution,” “Fringe”) and Reid Shane (“Fringe”) are co-executive producers. Brad Anderson (“Fringe,” “The Killing”) directed and served as co-executive producer on the pilot.
:awesome::up:

The way I've seen this placed on their fall schedule seems questionable to me....
MONDAY
8-9 PM Bones (fall) / ALMOST HUMAN (late fall)
9-10 PM SLEEPY HOLLOW (fall) / The Following (midseason)
So, what, a few episodes of Bones before they move it to friday and then immediately switch this into it's slot? I really hope that doesn't hurt this show.

I absolutely cannot wait for this. Science fiction genre + half decent premise + Urban + Ealy.

:up:

Trailer:
[YT]WCdHiZsSPjg[/YT]
Well this looks all kinds of awesome... :eek::up:

okay that trailer won me over, which means its gonna get cancelled :(

It looks pretty good, I'm intrigued by the guys in the white masks. Trailer needed more Minka.

Oh yeah, this is getting canceled. This genre simply does not exist on a network like FOX.

You people know no optimism... :o

Argh, the thread title got boring.

Best way to promote this to get attention: From JJ "NEW MOTHER****ING STAR WARS!!!" Abrams.

:o:up:

Yeah, but the highest rated seasons of Fringe also sort of played it pretty straight in terms of sci-fi, like "the world is mostly normal, but there's some weird **** going on", whereas this is set in 2048 and all cops are paired with androids. Which isn't to say an audience won't show up, but it might have a harder time at the start than Fringe did.

It looks awesome..... but..... it also looks expensive. It will have to get monster ratings to avoid cancellation.

Behind the Scenes:
[YT]HJ4CfSjcyvw[/YT]

Damn, looks WAY to expensive to survive :(

Terra Nova 2.0.

I doubt they've funneled quite as much money into this as Terra Nova, but still... seems like a reasonable concern.

looks very blade Runner to me which I take as a good thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"