Civil War Along Came a Spider - The Peter Parker / Spider-Man Thread - Part 1

I thought Garfield was fine. The bigger issue was the writing and Sony's interference. The only thing that gives me hope for this new Spider-Man is the influence Marvel will have on the film. If someone is basically fighting off Sony's stupidity then this has a good shot at working out.

Really happy about what we saw in Civil War. Certainly seems to be the strongest movie version of Spidey that we've seen. Enjoyed the energy we saw in the Airport scene as well. Brought a really different feel from the other characters in that movie. Looking forward to what he'll do in his solo film.

Marvel handling it all. Sony just standing in shadows and taking their cut lol.

I just hope the contract is air tight, to keep Sony from getting stupid ideas.

So I just saw a small clip of a (leaked) behind-the-scenes feature regarding Spider-Man's role in this film, and I was honestly surprised to find out that Tom was even on location to film some of his shots as Spider-Man with some of the other actors.

I was under the impression that all Tom had done, spider-man wise, was just record his voice at a studio so that it could be used for the CGI models in the film. I didn't think that Tom actually wore a mocap suit to capture his performance. I was also surprised to see shots of a Spider-Man double (in costume) running alongside Black Widow.

I'm going to be honest, I bought the digital copy of Cw and watched it again last night in HD and CGI Spider-man really bothers me. Like, it really stood out to me that he was a CGI person for most of it. I dunno, normally I' not a CGI snob and I don't notice stuff like that but I think because the airport scene was filmed in the daylight it was more noticeable to me. If it had been a nighttime scene then maybe the shading would have concealed it better and made it less noticeable.

Why did he need to wear a mo-cap suit though? Was his Spidey suit not designed yet?

Why did he need to wear a mo-cap suit though? Was his Spidey suit not designed yet?

Possibly wasn't as bulky or muscular as he needed to be at the time to fill out the suit.

I was literally just about to post this.

his suit was QUITE different. Although I can see why they moved away from the raised webbing, the suit Holland's actually wearing (when not in mo-cap) looks WAY better. Still has some of the pointless black lines, but at least didn't have the ones breaking up the red all along his arms.

I saw this as a thumbnail on an article, and before i read it, I assumed it was a set pic from Homecoming, and got excited that he'd be getting a new suit. Now I'm just disappointed, lol.

I was literally just about to post this.

his suit was QUITE different. Although I can see why they moved away from the raised webbing, the suit Holland's actually wearing (when not in mo-cap) looks WAY better. Still has some of the pointless black lines, but at least didn't have the ones breaking up the red all along his arms.

I saw this as a thumbnail on an article, and before i read it, I assumed it was a set pic from Homecoming, and got excited that he'd be getting a new suit. Now I'm just disappointed, lol.

I like aspects of the suit in the video, but don't like the raised webbing and the mask looks Cosplay and face is too round.

Love the Spidey we got in the film, tbh.

I really enjoyed that Spidey more than held his own against his more experienced opponents. He had Falcon & Bucky beat and it wasn't even close. He went toe-to-toe with Cap and only lost due to Cap's fighting experience combined with an aggressive/overconfident move that put Spidey in a vulnerable position. He was key to taking down Giant-Man and helped save War Machine from a nasty hit.

It'll be quite interesting to see where the character goes from here in the MCU, because if he's now been 'outed' as more than just a set of viral, maybe-not-real YouTube videos, there will be many powerful people in the world wanting to find out more about him.

Hopefully he can get a little more future screen time opposite both Tony & Steve.

I think Spider-Man was primarily CGI because of how late he was added to the film. There's a reason why the suit he wore on set does not match what we get in the film.

The CGI bothered me a lot when watching the movie in 3D, but has anyone noticed how much better he looks in 2D?

The Spiderman Homecoming trailer just didn't grab me, the editing was a mess.

Holland was substantially better than Garfield as Peter (basically similar to Maguire) but only a little better than him (and basically pretty similar) as Spider-Man and overall. Decent moments and potential in his beginning later too undermined mostly with forced humor and underdeveloped motivations.

By the way, does the movie suggest Spider-Man and maybe Ant-Man are the only superheroes fighting crime locally rather than as Avengers missions? Spider-Man seems to be either the only one Stark knows about or, though he doesn't know much about him but he knows his secret identity, the one whose abilities he considers most impressive and useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"