Civil War Civil War Rotten Tomatoes Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping for mid 90s since its been getting "best MCU film ever" remarks

I hope critics don't give bad reviews only because "its not as good as everyone is saying" or stuff like that. I think that's the only downside of a lot of hype, people's expectations are too high.

Guys - stop worrying about the RT score!

The film is great. It succeeds in almost everything it sets out to do. It reintroduces the biggest character in Marvel's stable perfectly, and it will probably do more than 1.4 billion at the box office.

I was hoping for mid 90s since its been getting "best MCU film ever" remarks

But that happens with most every marvel movie. When Cap 2 came out, everyone was saying best MCU movie ever. When GOTG came out, everyone was saying best MCU movie ever.

There's always going to be critics or even regular movie going people who don't like a movie, regardless of the reviews it gets. There's personally been movies that have received great reviews that I haven't .

It was never going to stay mid 90s. The RT score for Civil War is probably going to be between cap 2 and avengers, which is great.

5 more positive reviews posted

131-11

Need 7 more to go back up to 93

I was reading James Berardinelli's review (probably my favourite current film critic). He liked the movie overall, but he wasn't a fan of how they introduce Spider-Man.

Top Critics up to 96% 22-1

Curious on the NY Post, LA Times, Salon, St. Louis Patch Dispatch, San Francisco Chronicle, Chicago Reader and the Philadelphia Inquirer that gave TWS negative reviews.

Salon and San Francisco Chronicle are using the Associated Press one and gave a positive review on their respective websites. Not sure if Salon or SFC will give separate reviews.

US Weekly gave a positive review.

NY Times gave negatives to both.

O'hehir for Salon posted a mixed review. I'm guessing it'll be negative on RT.

Weird that these kinds of reviews are positive. These were negative for bvs. Although I'm sure this movie will be amazing.

Top Critic
David Edelstein
New York Magazine/Vulture
May 2, 2016
The best way to think of Captain America: Civil War is as a toy box in which the sheer quantity of toys partly makes up for the lack of anything new.
Full Review

Top Critic
Bilge Ebiri
Village Voice
April 28, 2016
These films no longer have to delight and surprise us; no, their job now is to manage the brand, not screw anything up too royally, and keep us hooked for the next installment. Civil War pulls all that off mostly well.

You can definitely look at every film through a negative prism. Thats what they do and I dont give s**t what they think.

The critic for the Post Dispatch that gave TWS a rotten is deceased, so who knows what the new guy will think.

EDIT: Especially considering he gave you-know-what a 3/4 FRESH.

Last edited:
O'hehir for Salon posted a mixed review. I'm guessing it'll be negative on RT.

I read the Salon review last night and thought it was hilarious. I think it'll post as positive. It's hard to gauge with all of his political rambling lol.

If a film was perfect, theyd still look at it with a negative eye. Using stupid crap they think of to knock it.

This might turn out to be one of the few superhero movies to have a top critics score more than the total score

You think these things are connected?

I don't know what OP thinks but imo TWS was a perfect superhero movie, almost as perfect as IM, so it bewilders me when I see someone having given it a rotten

131 -11, 142 reviews altogether. Must be getting to about halfway.

Why are the reviews coming in so slowly though? Movie comes out in the US tomorrow.

Why are the reviews coming in so slowly though? Movie comes out in the US tomorrow.

Oh I don't know I think in just the last like 10 hours like 20 reviews have came out so I think things are reeling picking up.

and other positive just came out 136 fresh and 11 negative.

137-11 now

So 6 positive added in the last 30 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88