The Winter Soldier Am i the only one that doesn't like how this is going?

Exactly^

Modok, Zola, BW and Hawkeye, and Old Peggy are all just fanboy speculation.
Those don't count as "rumors"

Bucky relates to the flashbacks and man-out-of-time thing, Falcon had a big part in the Winter Soldier story, and a probable SHIELD presence has always been a big part of Cap's comic stories

Exactly^

Modok, Zola, BW and Hawkeye, and Old Peggy are all just fanboy speculation.
Those don't count as "rumors"

Bucky relates to the flashbacks and man-out-of-time thing, Falcon had a big part in the Winter Soldier story, and a probable SHIELD presence has always been a big part of Cap's comic stories
The ones in bold are, Modok however wasn't, Johnson or one of the directors expressed interest in using the character, but it doesn't seem like he's going to be used.

Screenrant has a rumor that Black Widow and Hawkeye will be in Cap 2, which kind of does make sense...

Black Widow was awesome in Avengers, so they would want to get her back on the big screen before Avengers 2, and since the Winter Soldier is in the film, they can really play well with that...

Hawkeye needs screen time!! People that don't know anything about comics, don't even know that Jeremy Renner was playing Hawkeye, to them he was just a SHIELD agent with a bow and arrows.

Maria Hill will probably be added to the film as well, alongside Nick....

and I'm hoping they at least have a reference or cameo or a tiny role for Carol Danvers... (crossing fingers)

The ones in bold are, Modok however wasn't, Johnson or one of the directors expressed interest in using the character, but it doesn't seem like he's going to be used.

That's meaningless at this point. We have no idea that people like Black Widow, Hawkeye, MODOK, etc. are all in it yet. And even if they are, it's not the worst thing. Cap has worked with multiple supporting characters and heroes in his own solo-stories. It is time that movies get a hold of and dial-in storytelling like this. Avengers was able to do it. Cap 2 wouldn't be as big or have as many characters as Avengers so it would be fine.

Isn't it far too soon to complain about the movie? What do we know for sure? A title, a release date and a few charakters. No script, no supporting actors or a detailled story line. I don't see the issue so far.

Screenrant has a rumor that Black Widow and Hawkeye will be in Cap 2, which kind of does make sense...

Black Widow was awesome in Avengers, so they would want to get her back on the big screen before Avengers 2, and since the Winter Soldier is in the film, they can really play well with that...

Hawkeye needs screen time!! People that don't know anything about comics, don't even know that Jeremy Renner was playing Hawkeye, to them he was just a SHIELD agent with a bow and arrows.

Maria Hill will probably be added to the film as well, alongside Nick....

and I'm hoping they at least have a reference or cameo or a tiny role for Carol Danvers... (crossing fingers)
Feige has said that Cap 2 would be most closely related to SHIELD and the events of The Avengers. The quote about "a number of people who stay in SHIELD makes me think of BW, HE and Nick Fury possibly having some role to play in this. Also, I'd LOVE to see a Carol Danvers cameo, if only casting her weren't so important! (Though Marvel has been known to recast...)

Captain America 2, how much are you going to…obviously it’s taking place after the events of The Avengers. A lot of talk of maybe doing some stuff back in time. Are you still figuring that out? Feige: We’re still figuring that out. We love that cast, we love his dynamic with that cast and we want to see that again…the cast from the first movie; we want to see that again because I think it informs his character in a big way. But the primary storyline takes place post-Avengers, Steve figuring out his place in the world. Tony goes back to Malibu, Thor goes back to Asgard, but there are a number of people who stay in S.H.I.E.L.D. Steve, for the time being, is going to be one of them.
What might be difficult is if they try to shoehorn the cast from the first movie into too many flashback sequences and the movie becomes imbalanced. But even if they do bring them back in some capacity, I think they'll handle it properly and make sure it doesn't take too much away from the primary storyline.

The fact that during the course of its production they already planed to use MODOK, plan to make it about a man out of time, are already going to use the Winter Soldier, are going to have the Falcon, there are rumors of SHIELD being important, of Hawkeye and maybe Black Widow making an appearance, confronting an old Peggy, more flashbacks of world war II are being mentioned since they mentioned a sequel, and Armin Zola as villain was foreshadowed in the first film.

In my humble opinion they haven't seemed to be shure about what to do until now, but that's just my opinion.

That happens on pretty much every adaptation, Marvel was just more vocal about it. The Mandarin was supposed to be the main villain in the first Iron Man, until pretty much the last second when he was swapped out for Obadiah Stane. The Avengers was supposed to be focused around Steve to use him as kinda the viewpoint of the audience, when in fact Iron Man seemed to have the majority of the attention. There are a million options to go with, and those are all points that members of the production would like to touch upon. Does that mean it will all end up on the screen? No. It just means they are aware of what they'd LIKE to see.

I'm more worried about the Director choice for this. The Russo's? Community is one of my favorite shows but their background and their filmography is....not great.They must have really bowled Feige over with their ideas

Isn't it far too soon to complain about the movie?
1e713209_130239653521.jpeg

T"Challa;23901849 said:
I'm more worried about the Director choice for this. The Russo's? Community is one of my favorite shows but their background and their filmography is....not great.They must have really bowled Feige over with their ideas
Feige seemed pretty enthusiastic about them at Comic-con

I'm holding off any complaints until we get a little more info. But yeah, too many characters and storylines can be a bad thing.

I don't have high hopes for this movie since I didn't really like The First Avenger and I have no idea about the directors but I'm excited to see the look of Falcon.

Well we know Nick Fury will be in the movie as well and it will be partly about Steve finding his place in the modern world.

Hawkman won't be in the movie. Also we've received no confirmation Hawkeye and Black Widow will be in it either.

Lord how do you know what they are sure of about? All your examples are being based off of unconfirmed rumors and nothing concrete. All we really know right now is the title, release date, Falcon will be in it, Winter Soldier is in it, Fury is in it, and its about Cap trying to find his place in the world again.

It'd be bloody weird if Hawkman was in the movie.

So I guess the answer to your titular question was yes

Isildur´s Heir;23884993 said:
Winter Soldier?
The Falcon?
Oh boy....

This screams Iron Man 2 all over again, which was, imo, the worst Marvel movie post-well....Iron Man.
There was too much going on...Whiplash, Nick Fury, Black Widow, Justin Hammer, War Machine...even the action was not all that.

Now, this is the first solo Cap movie after being defrosted, which means this should be about him being accustomed to the 21st century.
To have Sam Wilson (not The Falcon) in the movie i can get, but to have the return of Bucky is waaaayyyy too much.
So...

Avengers has a bunch of characters = Brilliant movie.

Captain America 2 has a bunch of characters = Disaster?

I think we've seen that multiple characters can be in a superhero movie and still be a good movie.

Watchmen, Avengers, X-men 2, etc...

Well we shall see we don't know the likely lineup other than Cap, Falcon, Winter Soldier, and Nick Fury.

Um, what?

Doesn't it seem like everyone involved wants it to be an adaptation of the Winter Soldier storyline?

What seems messy to you? Hiring an actor to play Falcon, a pivotal role from that storyline? Bringing back the actors who played Cap and Bucky, the leads from that storyline?

What are you talking about?
Joe Wanted to do the Winter soldier Story because he liked it alot, but it doesn't mean that's the way it'll go.

I'm hoping they open the film with Steve riding his Harley through NY, well-adjusted, smiling and randomly helping people out. That would be a great opening credits scene to set him in modern times, show how he has adjusted to modern life, but remains the good, moral guy in the classic sense like Andy Griffith, the Lone Ranger, that sort of type. But Steve's personal life always seemed out of reach for him. And that should be a source of pathos for him. Now he has everything he wanted, but he doesn't have a personal life. (kind of a SupermanII, Spider-man 2 theme, come to think of it). But the Winter Solder aspect could be very interesting. I'm game.

Write Hawkman instead of Hawkeye accidentally and everybody overthinks what i just wrote :whatever:

:huh:

What are you talking about? I wasn't responding to you. I didn't even know you wrote 'Hawkman'.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"