Am I wrong???

Man-Thing

Avenger
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is it true that MARVEL now owns all the rights to all the members of the Ultimates (Series 1 characters issues 1-6)?

Do you think they would go for it? I think they would be crazy not to do a live action Ultimates movie as the story unfolded in Part 1. You basically already have a perfect script in the comics themselves.

I agree totally.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Last I heard, Iron Man & Cap were headed to individual projects. They may not be tied into/set in Ultimate continuity, which would pretty much nullify your dream.

An Ultimates live-action movie is inevitable.

GNR4Life said:
I hope it wouldn't be the same as ULTIMATE AVENGERS
that was horrible

They just better make it with near Sin City-level accuracy to the comic...there's no need to change almost anything about it.

I'd rather have an Avengers movie. I think that would do better as well. People would be like "Ultimates? What the hell is that?"

KingOfDreams said:
I'd rather have an Avengers movie. I think that would do better as well. People would be like "Ultimates? What the hell is that?"

I agree, the Avengers could be great. What the hell are the "Ultimates"?

The problem there is that the Avengers-unlike the X-Men or the FF-are a group of individual heroes who came together against a common threat; i.e. there's too many characters to establish, too many stories to tell. I think at a minimum 2-3 of the heroes' solo movies should be made before an attempt at Avengers is even feasible.

Chris Wallace said:
The problem there is that the Avengers-unlike the X-Men or the FF-are a group of individual heroes who came together against a common threat; i.e. there's too many characters to establish, too many stories to tell. I think at a minimum 2-3 of the heroes' solo movies should be made before an attempt at Avengers is even feasible.

Cap, Iron Man, and Thor should get solos, I think Yellowjacket, Hawkeye, Scarlet witch....the list goes on can be introduced in the actual movie.

Are you trying to contradict my statement or expand on it?

Chris Wallace said:
Are you trying to contradict my statement or expand on it?

Expand it. I dont really see the necessity of a Giant Man/YellowJacket solo movie to get him on Avengers.

^ I don't see the need in a Ant-Man/Giant Man solo pic either, but we're getting one regardless.

GNR4Life said:

Actually the Avengers is on Marvel's movie slate, not the Ultimates. Chances are that we are most likely going to have the 616 version of the Avengers and not the Ultimate version (thank god).

tamron said:
^ I don't see the need in a Ant-Man/Giant Man solo pic either, but we're getting one regardless.

I highyl doubt that will ever get off the ground.

KingOfDreams said:
Normal person: Oh yeah, the Avengers! That old 60's TV show?

"Didn't they already make a movie w/Uma Thurman?"

Man-Thing said:
You basically already have a perfect script in the comics themselves.

That wont stop Marvel or any other studio destroying characters and their respective source materials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"