Comics Amazing Spider-Man #1 (ugh) By Ryan Ottley! and Nic Spencer

Well...issue 57 happened. Wow...I thought it was supposed to be just a simple wrap up issue...nope! One last twist!
The body being there...well, we know it isn't MJ or Carlie or Peter...so anybody else is fair game. Personally, my money's on May. I think that would be somewhat poetic. Also, MJ's return has added some real life back to this book. Looking at all of Slott's half-hearted attempts to throw her in the book, it's good to see someone who LIKES the character. She's been written well, and now we're getting a 3 dimensional MJ. Loving it. Also, Bagley is KILLING IT. I'm not the biggest Bagley fan, but he is on a whole different level than his old Amazing work or his Ultimate work. This is REALLY good stuff.
Every issue has been subversive, making it exciting each time. Spencer is clearly on a huge roll, Bagley, too.

Totally agree on MJ as well. Great point. Spencer is writing great depth with her.

Well...issue 57 happened. Wow...I thought it was supposed to be just a simple wrap up issue...nope! One last twist!
The body being there...well, we know it isn't MJ or Carlie or Peter...so anybody else is fair game. Personally, my money's on May. I think that would be somewhat poetic. Also, MJ's return has added some real life back to this book. Looking at all of Slott's half-hearted attempts to throw her in the book, it's good to see someone who LIKES the character. She's been written well, and now we're getting a 3 dimensional MJ. Loving it. Also, Bagley is KILLING IT. I'm not the biggest Bagley fan, but he is on a whole different level than his old Amazing work or his Ultimate work. This is REALLY good stuff.

Oh yes, absolutely. Spencer is definitely a fan of MJ. He writes her incredibly well. He's given her back her strength, depth and presence that's long been missing from the book.

And I love Bagley. He's a great artist. The one thing I don't like about his art is how he'll draw faces. Most of the time it's good enough but then there's these panels that look awful. Proportions are skewed, there's weird looking structure...it's almost like he's saying, I don't really care too much about this particular shot or panel. I doubt that but it just seems that way. More than likely it's probably due to time constraints. But I will say I find Gleason's art to be more consistent. I'd like to see him on the book more frequently.

So, if MJ does fully remember OMD/OMIT or whatever, that makes ALL of her actions since then even worse.
She just becomes an even more vapid, shallow wh*re!
There is no way to redeem MJ, with all of the stuff she's done over the years, from the secret of the twins, to sleeping with someone the night before her marriage, to all the slott sh*t...

ASM #58:
A step down from the roll that Spencer's been on the past handful of issues so it's forgivable, but another solid issue. Pencils by Ferreira was pretty good -- just a couple of panels were iffy, but a LOT of it was awesome -- especially that one spread in the beginning.
Very interesting to see where Peter as a character is going -- I wonder if there'll be a new status quo for him, how it will resolve, etc, especially if he uh, went savage on that one Demon LOL. Dug all the stuff with Normie, too. I like that Spencer seems to be cleverly plotting this all out, bringing back the Life Tablet into play. Hmm.....

ASM #58:
A step down from the roll that Spencer's been on the past handful of issues so it's forgivable, but another solid issue. Pencils by Ferreira was pretty good -- just a couple of panels were iffy, but a LOT of it was awesome -- especially that one spread in the beginning.
Very interesting to see where Peter as a character is going -- I wonder if there'll be a new status quo for him, how it will resolve, etc, especially if he uh, went savage on that one Demon LOL. Dug all the stuff with Normie, too. I like that Spencer seems to be cleverly plotting this all out, bringing back the Life Tablet into play. Hmm.....

This issue opened up even more mysteries or questions than it resolved. So, we know that Harry has a stash of Goblin gear in his house but what does this mean? Is Harry really Kindred? Is there another Harry running around and planning to be the Goblin? Is it really just Norman's stash? Is Liz gonna be the Goblin?

Then we have Martin Li basically escaping from his 'sins' and hiding out at FEAST. I wonder how he was able to reject them.

Another thing that's worth noting is that there only appears to be one centipede still attached to Kindred. One was seen in the morgue with Carlie. So that leaves two unaccounted for.

Overall I liked this issue but man, the past couple of months have been this tight clenched fist full of tension without any real resolution. I really want to start getting some of these open questions answered.

Just a little off topic, but for anyone who likes Zdarsky, has anyone seem the stuff for his new Spidey series? A "What if Spider-Man became Venom" type series...I'm down.

This issue opened up even more mysteries or questions than it resolved. So, we know that Harry has a stash of Goblin gear in his house but what does this mean? Is Harry really Kindred? Is there another Harry running around and planning to be the Goblin? Is it really just Norman's stash? Is Liz gonna be the Goblin?

Then we have Martin Li basically escaping from his 'sins' and hiding out at FEAST. I wonder how he was able to reject them.

Another thing that's worth noting is that there only appears to be one centipede still attached to Kindred. One was seen in the morgue with Carlie. So that leaves two unaccounted for.
Overall I liked this issue but man, the past couple of months have been this tight clenched fist full of tension without any real resolution. I really want to start getting some of these open questions answered.
Some good points...I was just under the impression that that was old gear from his Goblin days?
Funny you say that, because to me, it still feels like it's building towards a huge climax but.....->
ASM #59:
About the same quality as the last issue. Ferreira's art is still good, but I have to mirror UWH here and say -- why did Spencer write a great SINS and LAST REMAINS arc...giving us some juicy reveals while also setting up some questions but not answering them? Are we to believe they will be answered in #60 and forward? I know the new suit reveal implied that it was going to focus on Kingpin for a bit -- which we see in #58 and #59 to be tied with Kindred. So I guess it's still possible that we'd get a Kindred resolve afterwards. Thoughts?

Just a little off topic, but for anyone who likes Zdarsky, has anyone seem the stuff for his new Spidey series? A "What if Spider-Man became Venom" type series...I'm down.
Not the hugest Venom fan.....*hides*

Some good points...I was just under the impression that that was old gear from his Goblin days?
Funny you say that, because to me, it still feels like it's building towards a huge climax but.....->
ASM #59:
About the same quality as the last issue. Ferreira's art is still good, but I have to mirror UWH here and say -- why did Spencer write a great SINS and LAST REMAINS arc...giving us some juicy reveals while also setting up some questions but not answering them? Are we to believe they will be answered in #60 and forward? I know the new suit reveal implied that it was going to focus on Kingpin for a bit -- which we see in #58 and #59 to be tied with Kindred. So I guess it's still possible that we'd get a Kindred resolve afterwards. Thoughts?

Not the hugest Venom fan.....*hides*

Finally caught up again. Still loving it. Definitely cool seeing Kingpin's plans and what he is up to, as well as all the drama around the Osborns..

But you should totally read Venom. It's been amazing. Like...really amazing. And Venom is awesome...just...I...thought I knew you,

I am definitely enjoying this run. I'm just looking for a bit of closure...there's been so many questions that continue to pop up with each new issue and I feel like none of them have been addressed. For example, we still don't know which sin of Peter's Kindred is even upset about.

Have you guys seen the solicit for this upcoming Giant Sized issue? Looks like it will be the finale for Kingpin and his plan for the MU. It drops on May 12...here's a link...

Kingpin's Master Plan for the Marvel Universe Is Revealed in 'Giant-Size Spider-Man: King's Ransom' #1

I am really excited about the fact that Spencer is renewing the Robertson/Tombstone feud. I had a feeling that this would come back when we saw Randy dating Beetle. Glad to see that Spencer is continuing to not let things slide. I'd say that's one of the reasons I enjoy him as a writer...he does things with purpose.

Um...so the new issue was spoiled for me a little bit...but I don't care. Looks like...yeah...
at the end of the issue, Dr. Strange barges in to confront the office manager about what is wrong with Peter Parker's soul, and we see the office manager is none other than Mephisto!! Hold on tightly....looks like things are about to get crazy (er) !!

Um...so the new issue was spoiled for me a little bit...but I don't care. Looks like...yeah...
at the end of the issue, Dr. Strange barges in to confront the office manager about what is wrong with Peter Parker's soul, and we see the office manager is none other than Mephisto!! Hold on tightly....looks like things are about to get crazy (er) !!

I'm sorry you got spoiled man. That sucks.

That said, you're really going to enjoy the issue as a whole whenever you get the chance to read it. Especially because I know how much you enjoy when MJ is well written. Without spoiling anything, this issue does a great job of exploring just how much damage Kindred did to Peter by messing with his inner demons. And the best part is how MJ gets to be the hero to Pete.

The only thing that would've made the issue better is if Gleason was on pencils. I know Bagley is loved by many, including me and he's deserved of any and all praise as a member of the Spider-Man artist saints club but...there's some really jarring panels. Mostly of close up faces. One in particular with MJ...it's just terrible. Bad proportion. I know he's capable of better.

And with regard to the spoiler bit...I knew this was coming in one way or another. Several issues in a row we had Strange talking about how he knew something was wrong and needed to find the answer. Looks like he found the source. I'm excited, like really excited about this. I mean after all these years did you ever expect to see what we just saw? Crazy.

I am definitely enjoying this run. I'm just looking for a bit of closure...there's been so many questions that continue to pop up with each new issue and I feel like none of them have been addressed. For example, we still don't know which sin of Peter's Kindred is even upset about.
We know what it is.
Harry was pissed that he didn't get Norman help back in Amazing Spider-Man 38/39 and let amnesiac Norman walk around with relapses.

We know what it is.
Harry was pissed that he didn't get Norman help back in Amazing Spider-Man 38/39 and let amnesiac Norman walk around with relapses.

Yes, Harry is upset about that but that is not the 'sin' that he wants Peter to confess. Read issue 55 again.

Peter tells Kindred, in regard to the mistake he made with Norman, "this can't be what you want me to confess."

To which Kindred replies, "No. No, of course not Pete. You know this runs much deeper than that."

I'm sorry you got spoiled man. That sucks.

That said, you're really going to enjoy the issue as a whole whenever you get the chance to read it. Especially because I know how much you enjoy when MJ is well written. Without spoiling anything, this issue does a great job of exploring just how much damage Kindred did to Peter by messing with his inner demons. And the best part is how MJ gets to be the hero to Pete.

The only thing that would've made the issue better is if Gleason was on pencils. I know Bagley is loved by many, including me and he's deserved of any and all praise as a member of the Spider-Man artist saints club but...there's some really jarring panels. Mostly of close up faces. One in particular with MJ...it's just terrible. Bad proportion. I know he's capable of better.

And with regard to the spoiler bit...I knew this was coming in one way or another. Several issues in a row we had Strange talking about how he knew something was wrong and needed to find the answer. Looks like he found the source. I'm excited, like really excited about this. I mean after all these years did you ever expect to see what we just saw? Crazy.

Dude, it's all good! I don't worry about avoiding spoilers so much anymore. I'm happy with the result!

Also, I agree with the Bagley v Gleason thing. I think Bagley shines in action scenes. Also, as much as I love the old Ultimate Spidey issues, I hated seeing two pages of Peter's sad face or MJ's sullen looks with jarring stammering gibberish. Seeing multiple Bagley close-ups reminds me of those weaker points of Bendis's writing. I personally love Gleason's stuff. If they are going to do any dark stuff...I want Gleason. He did an arc during his Batman and Robin period, and it was the stuff of nightmares. Loved it!

ASM #60:
Spencer returns to form in this one with quite a character-driven issue. MJ once again written as a go-getter and to keep it spoiler-free...the end reveal is worth it.

ASM #61:
I don’t know what to say. Maybe I need to read it again but this is probably the worst issue I’ve read in Spencer’s entire run. The one thing that came to mind was I coincidentally just read Vol. 2 of BRAND NEW DAY the other month and it was the arc where Peter takes on being a paparazzi which I thought was violative. I’m not saying Spencer full on does the same thing here but I’m taken aback to the choice that Peter makes here. It all felt cheap to me and just had me asking “why?” We’ve seen that Spencer does things with purpose but like UWH said, these past few issues felt like they’ve been sidestepping with no real closure. I mean, LAST REMAINS didn’t even feel resolved. It just went on to this new Kingpin arc. Which, I’m guessing is related and things will hopefully come together but this whole thing has just felt so weird to me.

Well, I read the last 2 issues, and they...happened. I like that we are getting back to the Kingpin threads, but I hate that they are leaving all the Mephisto and Kindred stuff on the table. In all honesty, this this reminds me of Mackie's run after the original relaunch. He used to leave a cliffhanger, and then he would pick up the next issue like it never happened. The worst crime being when Spider-Man was on a rooftop getting unmasked by JJJ, and then the next month came, and he was fighting a totally different villain, and they didn't reference the event until 3 or 4 issues later...and they said he just couldn't reach it to get it all the way off.

Okay, never mind. Nothing was as bad as Mackie's run. Except maybe One More Day. And Sins Past.

Well, I read the last 2 issues, and they...happened. I like that we are getting back to the Kingpin threads, but I hate that they are leaving all the Mephisto and Kindred stuff on the table. In all honesty, this this reminds me of Mackie's run after the original relaunch. He used to leave a cliffhanger, and then he would pick up the next issue like it never happened. The worst crime being when Spider-Man was on a rooftop getting unmasked by JJJ, and then the next month came, and he was fighting a totally different villain, and they didn't reference the event until 3 or 4 issues later...and they said he just couldn't reach it to get it all the way off.

Okay, never mind. Nothing was as bad as Mackie's run. Except maybe One More Day. And Sins Past.

I understand where you are coming from with regard to making comparisons to Mackie's run in relation to the current run under Spencer. In the way you described, yes, there's definitely a similarity. And I'm not saying you do but I certainly wouldn't compare the two when it comes to the quality of the writing nor the talent of the authors.

A point that I have talked about before with Spencer is his mode of purpose. Unlike some other previous writer, Slott, this isn't a case of "oh let's just throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks." With Slott, he would come up with these 'cool' sounding ideas, 'Ock takes over Peter's body' or 'Peter has his own tech company' but he was never able to execute them with the type of good storytelling or even character work for that matter that you would come to expect with a professional writer. In my mind, that tells me that Slott never really had a plan with anything and was flying by the seat of his pants. This may work for some I suppose but with most I'd say you'd need to do some actual prep work. I'd be willing to bet that Spencer went into his duties with a full plan and at least the basic beats laid out in the beginning before he even started scripting. You can easily tell, the quality is there. Proof is in the pudding so to speak. I feel like the difference between Spencer and Slott is like the difference between Chess and Checkers. One is a straightforward game that requires almost no thought or real effort while the other is a methodical game built on strategy and proper planning with knowing each piece intimately and even knowing your opponent i.e. the reader, and using tools such a deception. There's no denying which belongs to which writer. Heck even with Mackie, while there were many missteps, at least the characters behaved in a manner which you'd expect.

Like many I was a bit upset with how the Last Remains issues ended. I, probably like most, was expecting more resolution than what we got. That said, I've really been enjoying these last couple of issues. We got to see more proof of the strength in MJ's character, more from the supporting cast, Peter still reeling from his affair with Kindred and Norman...there's so much going on here, so many different arcs and threads...just watching Spencer masterfully weave them together is quite enjoyable. I mean, think back to when we saw that Syndicate arc with the all female villain squad. It seemed like a throwaway story for the most part. But we got a couple of keys from it...the relationship between Randy and Janice with the potential for a renewed feud between Robbie and Tombstone. We got more of the team up with Boomerang and Spidey which led to them going after the Lifeline Tablet. And then that just kinda dropped off. But now, we know for sure where this is headed...Tombstone and Robbie see firsthand who their respective kids are in a relationship with, Kingpin is making his play even showing him threatening Kindred, and the pieces are moving toward some really great stuff. The conclusion of all of this seems like such a daunting task for any writer. I especially loved the bit where Boomerang is telling Spidey that he's sorry he's messed things up. Boomerang tells him how all he wanted to do was to do the right thing by taking down Kingpin and that all that has done is hurt the people around him. And that Spidey probably can't relate. It's so good because we know exactly what is going thru Peter's head at that moment. Even though Kindred isn't front and center you can see how Spencer is still weaving these little moments in there that are foreshadowing to what is to come and how Spidey is going to tackle the endgame.

At the end of issue 60 we see Strange confronting Mephisto and asking about Peter's soul...ugh, I mean, it sucks we have to wait to see what comes of this. Cause like most I'm sure, I want answers now! lol. But I also know with Spencer he's not just gonna lay down something like that and just forget about it and not ever mention it again. No, it's all part of his plan to bring all these storylines together. I've said this before but Spencer writes for the trades. It's not a dig at all on him. Not one bit. I think the trades just lend themselves better to his plotting and writing style. His stories seem to work better when read as a whole. My continued example of his Hunted story rings true for me in this regard. Reading each issue one at a time over the course of several months was not a impactful as when I read the story in one sitting.

I know that you are aware of most of this Shinlyle. I'm just posting my thoughts and also to say "hang in there." There's no denying we're in for some kind of a OMD reveal/repair. Spencer just needs more time to continue to weave these threads.

Last edited:
I understand where you are coming from with regard to making comparisons to Mackie's run in relation to the current run under Spencer. In the way you described, yes, there's definitely a similarity. And I'm not saying you do but I certainly wouldn't compare the two when it comes to the quality of the writing nor the talent of the authors.

A point that I have talked about before with Spencer is his mode of purpose. Unlike some other previous writer, Slott, this isn't a case of "oh let's just throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks." With Slott, he would come up with these 'cool' sounding ideas, 'Ock takes over Peter's body' or 'Peter has his own tech company' but he was never able to execute them with the type of good storytelling or even character work for that matter that you would come to expect with a professional writer. In my mind, that tells me that Slott never really had a plan with anything and was flying by the seat of his pants. This may work for some I suppose but with most I'd say you'd need to do some actual prep work. I'd be willing to bet that Spencer went into his duties with a full plan and at least the basic beats laid out in the beginning before he even started scripting. You can easily tell, the quality is there. Proof is in the pudding so to speak. I feel like the difference between Spencer and Slott is like the difference between Chess and Checkers. One is a straightforward game that requires almost no thought or real effort while the other is a methodical game built on strategy and proper planning with knowing each piece intimately and even knowing your opponent i.e. the reader, and using tools such a deception. There's no denying which belongs to which writer. Heck even with Mackie, while there were many missteps, at least the characters behaved in a manner which you'd expect.

Like many I was a bit upset with how the Last Remains issues ended. I, probably like most, was expecting more resolution than what we got. That said, I've really been enjoying these last couple of issues. We got to see more proof of the strength in MJ's character, more from the supporting cast, Peter still reeling from his affair with Kindred and Norman...there's so much going on here, so many different arcs and threads...just watching Spencer masterfully weave them together is quite enjoyable. I mean, think back to when we saw that Syndicate arc with the all female villain squad. It seemed like a throwaway story for the most part. But we got a couple of keys from it...the relationship between Randy and Janice with the potential for a renewed feud between Robbie and Tombstone. We got more of the team up with Boomerang and Spidey which led to them going after the Lifeline Tablet. And then that just kinda dropped off. But now, we know for sure where this is headed...Tombstone and Robbie see firsthand who their respective kids are in a relationship with, Kingpin is making his play even showing him threatening Kindred, and the pieces are moving toward some really great stuff. The conclusion of all of this seems like such a daunting task for any writer. I especially loved the bit where Boomerang is telling Spidey that he's sorry he's messed things up. Boomerang tells him how all he wanted to do was to do the right thing by taking down Kingpin and that all that has done is hurt the people around him. And that Spidey probably can't relate. It's so good because we know exactly what is going thru Peter's head at that moment. Even though Kindred isn't front and center you can see how Spencer is still weaving these little moments in there that are foreshadowing to what is to come and how Spidey is going to tackle the endgame.

At the end of issue 60 we see Strange confronting Mephisto and asking about Peter's soul...ugh, I mean, it sucks we have to wait to see what comes of this. Cause like most I'm sure, I want answers now! lol. But I also know with Spencer he's not just gonna lay down something like that and just forget about it and not ever mention it again. No, it's all part of his plan to bring all these storylines together. I've said this before but Spencer writes for the trades. It's not a dig at all on him. Not one bit. I think the trades just lend themselves better to his plotting and writing style. His stories seem to work better when read as a whole. My continued example of his Hunted story rings true for me in this regard. Reading each issue one at a time over the course of several months was not a impactful as when I read the story in one sitting.

I know that you are aware of most of this Shinlyle. I'm just posting my thoughts and also to say "hang in there." There's no denying we're in for some kind of a OMD reveal/repair. Spencer just needs more time to continue to weave these threads.

Oh, no doubt. Slott was a huge Spidey fan, but I don't think he's a competent writer. He had a few gems in there, but he didn't have a decades worth of good Spidey stories in him. Matter of fact, his best Spidey story he ever wrote was before he took over the main title...and it was before One More Day.

I'm still in, I was just ready for the bomb to drop. Honestly, I'm expecting Amazing Spider-Man #900 will be the big Status Quo change.

Either way, I'll stick around.

Also, did they ever cover what the other body in the morgue was??! All these threads...I just want them tied up.

This is what we have set up:

Kingpin (whose arc ends in a few issues in a One-Shot)

Randy and Beetle-Girl
The Tablets of Life and Death

May's Cancer

Harry and his mysterious demonic upgrade and when it happened, along with how and why.

Carlie missing and a dead body that she recognized.

Strange and Mephisto

My theory is this:
The Tablet will keep May from dying when OMD/BND is mostly undone.
Harry realizing the error of his way is the one to use both Tablets to give his life for May's.
(or Norman does it himself as an act of final redemption. Somehow also undoing Sins Past and maybe Gwen's Death.)

Randy/Beetle Girl, Kingpin and Carlie and the Corpse are mostly just distraction/sleight of hand.

Soooo...I don't know how many of you have been keeping up with Venom and King In Black, (if not, shame on you!) but it would appear another part of Slott's "legacy" has been undone.

Flash Thompson has been brought back from the dead thanks to Eddie and his triumph over the symbiote god, Knull, on the revent issue. So, Eddie uses the Enigma Force to bring Flash Thompson back...which undoes Slott killing him off to fight Red Goblin (mandatory eye-roll at the mention of this awful character). One by one, his works are being undone.

Soooo...I don't know how many of you have been keeping up with Venom and King In Black, (if not, shame on you!) but it would appear another part of Slott's "legacy" has been undone.

Flash Thompson has been brought back from the dead thanks to Eddie and his triumph over the symbiote god, Knull, on the revent issue. So, Eddie uses the Enigma Force to bring Flash Thompson back...which undoes Slott killing him off to fight Red Goblin (mandatory eye-roll at the mention of this awful character). One by one, his works are being undone.

I've not been reading KiB nor Venom. I simply have little to no interest in Symbiotes.

But, anything that undoes the garbage that Slott did gets a thumbs up from me.

I've not been reading KiB nor Venom. I simply have little to no interest in Symbiotes.

But, anything that undoes the garbage that Slott did gets a thumbs up from me.

I understand...and yeah, seeing Slott's work undone is fairly vindicating.

I still feel like Marvel has started to come around. Look at One More Day. It was SO BAD. Even people who like the OMD/BND Era hated One More Day, simply because it has ZERO redeeming qualities.
So, what did Marvel do? They made Amazing a 3 or 4 times a month comic with rotating creative teams and put the story 100 issues in the past in about a year. We we on issue 540-something, and we're now almost on issue 900. In 10 years. For those who are bad at math, with 12 issues a year, in 10 years, we should have been on 660-something, maybe more for special events. So, yeah. Also, that way they could claim sales through the roof because the book comes out 3 times a month, so even the drastically underselling book it became flooded the market...and then the variants. Ugh.

Broken record, I know.

Now, the book isn't perfect, but if it undoes the crap-show of OMD?BND, it will be one of the most memorable runs ever.

I understand...and yeah, seeing Slott's work undone is fairly vindicating.

I still feel like Marvel has started to come around. Look at One More Day. It was SO BAD. Even people who like the OMD/BND Era hated One More Day, simply because it has ZERO redeeming qualities.
So, what did Marvel do? They made Amazing a 3 or 4 times a month comic with rotating creative teams and put the story 100 issues in the past in about a year. We we on issue 540-something, and we're now almost on issue 900. In 10 years. For those who are bad at math, with 12 issues a year, in 10 years, we should have been on 660-something, maybe more for special events. So, yeah. Also, that way they could claim sales through the roof because the book comes out 3 times a month, so even the drastically underselling book it became flooded the market...and then the variants. Ugh.

Broken record, I know.

Now, the book isn't perfect, but if it undoes the crap-show of OMD?BND, it will be one of the most memorable runs ever.

No worries man, as a longtime Spidey fan, you're entitled to some venting. Lord knows I've done my fair share, lol.

I honestly believe we're in the middle of some kind of vindication for OMD. To what end? I don't know. At the very least I believe it will be an acknowledgment of what happened and the characters will be aware of what happened as well. I'm doubtful Spencer is just going to erase OMD from the books. Instead, like he's done with much of the mythos thus far is correct what happened in the past and move things forward. I don't think we need yet another time shift or a soft reset.

Issue 64....

This was one of the better issues in Spencer's run. His writing continues to make me happy. And the art was solid too.

Tombstone and Robbie teaming up to find their kids.

Madame Masque and Crime Master have a plan to undermine the criminal empire and essentially take it over.

Kingpin and Mordo breaking down Kindred and imo what will probably lead to Norman taking up the Goblin again to protect his son.

Otto is back. I'm guessing the connection here is between Kindred and Otto's deal with Mephisto as we see Kindred in control of Otto.

Boomerang is trying to get the final piece of the tablet on his own. It's great foreshadowing of how Peter may end up taking down Kindred...it's the same idea about hurting those closest to you simply because you're trying to do the right thing. I think it's going to help Peter realize there isn't any way around who he has to be.

I love Spencer's writing between Randy and Janice. Their dialogue is epically cute. Also I suspect the Syndicate is probably going to come to Janice's aid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"