Comics Amazing Spider-Man #1 (ugh) By Ryan Ottley! and Nic Spencer

Just came in here to say that I finally finished Spencer's run last month. I'm not going to give in-depth thoughts but I thought it was decent, maybe solid at best. It's very clear it was rushed. I wish it weren't the case.

That being said -- I have NOT read a single issue of the new run with new writers. Been getting it in my pull though lol. General thoughts? No spoilers, please..
There's a thread for the new run.
Other than that, it's damn good so far.

There's a thread for the new run.
Other than that, it's damn good so far.
I saw! But wanted to post that I finished Spencer’s run here. Wow, high high praise. Gonna have to catch up over the holidays

Well, I finally read the end of Spencer's run, as well as the beginning of Well's run. Spencer's run achieved something great with the whole undoing of Sins Past, but it still barely touched the mess of One More Day. I'll take what I can get.
That being said, the whole ending felt very rushed, despite the seeds being planted from the beginning. The next-to-last issue was an absolute dumpster fire of an issue. UNREADABLE. That's me being very kind. Issue 875 was decent, but just because of what it accomplished. Harry is back in the ground, and One More Day can be left to rot...
All in all, the entire Spencer run was pretty mediocre. It got the original Kraven back in the ground, Got Harry back in the ground...and acknowledged OMD. That's something.

As for Well's run with Reilly as Spidey. It's not bad! Kind of surprised I don't hate it.

Hey man, glad to see you finally were able to finish Spencer's run. I'd have to say that my thoughts mirror yours for the most part.

Overall I felt his run was actually quite good but just like we'd talked about many times over, his run was going to be heavily judged based on how the book ended. And although I felt he did a good job with most of his writing the end was indeed rushed and imo was actually a disappointment. Not the worst imo but I feel like it didn't really live up to expectations and not the ending many fans probably wanted. Myself included.

So yeah, a good run but the ending definitely hurt and so I've got Spencer's run on ASM somewhere in the middle of the pack. I posted a list of the best ASM writers recently in this thread if you hadn't seen it already.

Just came in here to say that I finally finished Spencer's run last month. I'm not going to give in-depth thoughts but I thought it was decent, maybe solid at best. It's very clear it was rushed. I wish it weren't the case.

That being said -- I have NOT read a single issue of the new run with new writers. Been getting it in my pull though lol. General thoughts? No spoilers, please..

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"