America only ranked #7 in Freedom.

enterthemadness

The Triumvirate
Reaction score
This is why I don't like the major parties...

http://business.newzealand.com/nort...mprehensive-worldwide-index-of-human-freedom/

New Zealand is 1st in Human Freedom.

New Zealand offers the highest level of human freedom worldwide, followed by the Netherlands (2nd); Hong Kong (3rd); Australia, Canada and Ireland tied for 4th; the United States and Denmark tied for 7th; and Japan and Estonia tied for 9th. The lowest-ranking countries are Zimbabwe, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Syria.

Canada is a head of us. Really. Really.

:dry: really

I'm jealous of my friend in New Zealand now but, hey, I'm in number 4. And why's it shocking to you that Canada is a number ahead of the US? You guys are the ones still fighting over rights for LGBT individuals (for example).

Pff, try buying a semiautomatic rifle in New Zealand without a background check. Good luck.

I'm jealous of my friend in New Zealand now but, hey, I'm in number 4. And why's it shocking to you that Canada is a number ahead of the US? You guys are the ones still fighting over rights for LGBT individuals (for example).

Get off your soap box, Canada, you were in the same boat only a few years ago, and you don't have states like Mississippi and Alabama.

Get off your soap box, Canada, you were in the same boat only a few years ago, and you don't have states like Mississippi and Alabama.

For the first half, fair enough but at least we're not still fighting over them. The second half, fair enough but that's just another reason why you're 7th. :oldrazz:

:yay: I like Canada, but I also make fun of it. Like in the 'Oh the CFL isn't a real league' or '':o hockey' or...well you know. :o I imagine Canadians say....something about how the NHL has a lot of Canadian players, or maybe I am wrong there, too.

Off topic I do have a thing for Canadian tv shows. I like the look of them. Some say cheap look, but I like it. The only ones I still watch is XIII and Lost Girl though. XIII got better half way through first season and Lost Girl...c'mon, I'm a guy, and it has hot women and TV-MA. I don't watch for the acting.

^^Oh, I love making fun of Canada. It's hilarious. Me and my friends were having a good old laugh about them while riding skating moose on a frozen lake drinking Tim Hortons while being exceptionally nice about it.

I don't think I watch any shows from up here.

^^Oh, I love making fun of Canada. It's hilarious. Me and my friends were having a good old laugh about them while riding skating moose on a frozen lake drinking Tim Hortons while being exceptionally nice about it.

I don't think I watch any shows from up here.

:o I wasn't born yesterday now. We all know you are pulling my leg. Only those mounties ride skating moose while drinking Tim Hortons.

What about North Korea? Where do they rank?

One can only hope they are dead last.

7 is actually pretty good. Compare it to say America's ranks in education, health care, etc.

Hong Kong being third makes me seriously question the validity of the poll though.

One can only hope they are dead last.

7 is actually pretty good. Compare it to say America's ranks in education, health care, etc.

Land of the Free...is a nick name we have. Not for New Zealand. Not for them. For us.

But noooooooooooooooooooo, not anymore. :whatever:

Dude, you tied with Denmark. That's pretty good.

If you were tied with Denmark on education, you'd know every capital in the world and be bilingual.

Nope. But I am in America (legally), and have become fairly Americanized.

Oh that'd be too easy. Read through my posts, and you will find your answer (or at least eliminate a lot of possibilities).

Oh that'd be too easy. Read through my posts, and you will find your answer (or at least eliminate a lot of possibilities).

-_- 6,680 posts...if that is how it's gonna be, ok then. Before I start...are you...from...

Amsterdam! :doh: oh it's in the Netherlands. Well.....go ahead and laugh at me.

Ok, um....

1. Who did the index? The UN...... then its pretty much a farce...
2. What was the criteria?
3. What countries were a part of it, all countries, only developed countries???
4. What was looked at? Political System, Economic System, Human Rights issues, etc...????

Way too many questions to even give this thing a glance....or time.

It's all based on subjectivity pretty much. Every ranking is.

Alittle more research into it....here are the indices that it looks at...

The index consists of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, individual economic choice, freedom of association, freedom of assembly, violence and crimes, freedom of movement, homosexual rights and women's rights. ( I am surprised not to see human rights abuses as a part of this...seems to me to be a major part to look at, and in the area of freedom of assembly, I guess they missed the Conservative speakers that are not allowed to speak at many of Canada's colleges....hmmm....)

The Freedom Index does not measure democracy but it does measure freedom of speech and media, press killings, political imprisonment etc. According to the report democracy may be the form of government that best protects freedom but democracy may both increase and reduce freedom. Nevertheless, democracy strongly (0.79) correlates with freedom, as measured by Economist Intelligence Unit's Democracy Index and the Freedom Index.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"