The Dark Knight Rises A Hero Rises: The Batman Thread

The dream for me in a Batman film is a fight scene similar to the long shot in Oldboy, with Bats just taking out person after person. Maybe the street fight in this could be the chance.....:cwink:

The dream for me in a Batman film is a fight scene similar to the long shot in Oldboy, with Bats just taking out person after person. Maybe the street fight in this could be the chance.....:cwink:

If the description is to be believed, the prelude to the first Batman vs Bane fight features Batman silently taking out Bane mercenaries.

[YT]lNcxaP6JtQw[/YT]

This is from Detective Comics 701, the first time Bats and Bane fight after Knightfall. I thought this was a fitting vid for the "Rises" thread

Last edited:
^ I like how that fight proves that without venom and an asylum full of crazies to distract Bats, Bane cant beat Bruce Mano y Mano.

I can't wait to see Batman and how he deals with being pursued by the police (like the bat pod chase with loads of cop cars), and how it comes to be that he ends up fighting along side them (like the fight one the steps)

I think at some point a speech is made about how they need to do it as a team. Have the Gothamites take their city back. It looks to be a showdown bewtween the LOS, Blackgate prisoners and many Gothamites who have joined their cause vs Batman, GCPD and also many Gothamites fighting for their cause. This should be good.

I think at some point a speech is made about how they need to do it as a team. Have the Gothamites take their city back. It looks to be a showdown bewtween the LOS, Blackgate prisoners and many Gothamites who have joined their cause vs Batman, GCPD and also many Gothamites fighting for their cause. This should be good.
That scene with he groups running at each other will be EPIC!

[YT]lNcxaP6JtQw[/YT]

This is from Detective Comics 701, the first time Bats and Bane fight after Knightfall. I thought this was a fitting vid for the "Rises" thread

That's fantastic! :hrt: :awesome:

Batman_GQ_6Mar12_getty_b.jpg

Lindy Hemming:"There's very few changes. The only modifications are to do with the story. But I can't tell you what they are..."

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entert...-design/christian-bale-bruce-wayne#ContentTop

He'll have an even sillier looking technologically reinforced spine piece to the costume after his back gets broken.

Count me in guys. I want Batman to destroy Bane. But first, I want Bane to destroy him, making the rise even more spectacular and.... Epic.

This would be awesome. I'd love that riot scene to be a tracking shot. Showing Bats and Bane fighting their way through the crowd towards each other.

^ I like how that fight proves that without venom and an asylum full of crazies to distract Bats, Bane cant beat Bruce Mano y Mano.

You're not one of these guys who thinks Batman is like, the best martial artist in the DCU are you? :D

This would be awesome. I'd love that riot scene to be a tracking shot. Showing Bats and Bane fighting their way through the crowd towards each other.

You're not one of these guys who thinks Batman is like, the best martial artist in the DCU are you? :D

He's probably one of the best, but he already had a hard time against the like of Bronze tiger for instance.

lol well yea i was gonna mention Bronze Tiger actually. Bats is probably top 5 at best. I'd put Cass Cain, Shiva, Bronze Tiger, Val-Armorr and Richard Dragon above him.

And that's if we only speak of those who are not genetically enhanced. Because Deathstroke litterally destroyed him back in the day.

Heh yea, but i don't really pay attention to any of the stuff Deathstroke does when it concerns other heroes or villains. I mean, this is a guy who has ran rings around the likes of Supes and Flash, which is nothing but terrible writing really, considering both of them are well too fast for Slade to even perceive, let alone actually hit or escape from.

Heh yea, but i don't really pay attention to any of the stuff Deathstroke does when it concerns other heroes or villains. I mean, this is a guy who has ran rings around the likes of Supes and Flash, which is nothing but terrible writing really.

Agreed, but his serie was... interesting. And the fight against Bats was awesome and really brutal.

Yea that was cool. Him beating Bats isn't as far fetched as landing a blow on Flash that's for sure lol.

Considering everyone likes using him (and Shiva) as the measuring stick to make their characters look badass, yes.

He's definetely top three, as far as I'm concerned. And even if he weren't, there's nothing to suggest that Bane is on his level in Hand to Hand combat. Ras gave Bane a thrashing once, and Batman's beaten Ras several times.

Most times Batman loses a battle, its to make some writer's pet character look badass...for example, their first fight in Deathstroke's solo title. I don't mind Batman losing to Deathstroke, but the way he lost in that book was clearly to make DS look awesome.

Last edited:
Considering everyone likes using him (and Shiva) as the measuring stick to make their characters look badass, yes.

He's definetely top three, as far as I'm concerned. And even if he weren't, there's nothing to suggest that Bane is on his level in Hand to Hand combat. Ras gave Bane a thrashing once, and Batman's beaten Ras several times.

Most times Batman loses a battle, its to make some writer's pet character look badass...for example, their first fight in Deathstroke's solo title. I don't mind Batman losing to Deathstroke, but the way he lost in that book was clearly to make DS look awesome.

While I tend to agree, Deathstroke did beat him three times in one issue of Detective Comics.

Yea i get where you're coming from. I'd put a couple others above him though. Cass Cain has taken the Bat by surprise a few times. I think it was NML, might have been after, but she speed blitzed him. He couldn't keep up with her. Cass Cain is a pretty interesting character. She could be cool in a movie.

:'( we don'( even know if Cass Cain still exist after the reboot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"