• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Andy Serkis to Direct 'Mowgli' For WB

It look like we have Kung Fu Panda designs in this.

Looks surprisingly more animated.

heh, link wasn't working a min ago

Last edited:
“So dark... are you sure you’re not from the DC Universe?”

On the bright side, I thought the kid's acting is good. On the downside, this poster is... unfortunate.

DdvR36UUwAAyGGg.jpg:large

BTS video:

[YT]KjJ0j0Z3U2w[/YT]

Kinda indifferent on it...

Someone made the comment in the trailers that this is DC's Jungle Book...which is kinda funny.

I want to like this if for no other reason than it looks like they've pulled off the task of differentiating the story from the Disney-fied version, but the faces throw me off way too much. Also, British accents abound, even for Mowgli himself this time; I know this story's from colonial-era India, but I'm not feeling it at all.

Yeah; when I say Disney-fied, I'm counting the various non-Disney remakes of the story that have tried to play it more like the Disney version(s).

Looks great to me. Looking forward to it.

Not really feeling it at the moment. Might give it a shot for Serkis.

The bts video probably got me more pumped than the actual trailer.

Hmm, interesting. I don't think it looks bad. The visuals are very nice. There's definitely more of a focus on the human/village stuff in this version. I don't have a problem with the more animated faces, but it kind of clashes against the darker tone. It's especially noticeable since the Disney version had more restrained expressions.

Still, I'll reserve judgement. When I saw the first trailer for the Disney version, I wasn't sold on it either. I actually thought it looked like a dark DC-style movie at the time, and ironically people are now comparing this one to DC. I ended up loving the Disney version, so hopefully this delivers.

Disney version looks vicious. The new one looks like a stuffed animal you get at the carnival.

That poster has incredible colors, but god, what did they do to Mowgli. He looks as freaky as Alita.

Trailer is good, and Cate Blanchett is definitely doing a different take than Johansson.

Last edited:
The animals faces look awful. Shame cause the rest of it looks pretty good.

I'm actually okay with most of the animal faces except for the wolves. The wolves seem really odd to me. The others I can accept. I am looking forward to this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"