Sequels Anna Paquin reprises Rogue in 'First Class'

maveholic31

Civilian
Reaction score
*sigh* I don't know people, I just don't know how Fox is still running the show. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of Rogue and I love Paquin's remarks, but they just are not trying to keep continuity...

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=13726&count=0

IGN had the chance to speak to actress Anna Paquin, who played Rogue in all three "X-Men" films, to find out if she will be reprising her role in the recently-announced "X-Men: First Class," which will include Iceman, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, Jubilee and Shadowcat.

"Absolutely. Yeah," she revealed. "I would hope I could do a little bit more action next time, though. I kind of find it ironic that I did three big action films and did, actually, no action whatsoever. I mean I got some really amazing emotional story moments, but I didn't really get to do the physical stuff."

She continued: "You know, as much as I loved doing those films I was kind of like, 'OK, so when do I get to beat someone up? When do I get to steal some powers?' You know Sookie [Paquin's 'True Blood' character] gets to do more action than Rogue ever did. So I'm just putting that out there. More action please, for next time."

Thoughts?

IGN, do your research before asking Anna Paquin if she would reprise her role as Rogue in a movie that doesn't contain Rogue.

Nobody said she was in it. They were asking if she WOULD do it.

Where did IGN get the roster from?

wait how could she do that when she was introduced to the Xavier school in X1?

Yes, I know. That doesn't negate IGN's misinformation regarding the roster.

I was just saying in general. It wasn't directed towards anyone in particular.

this sound like it was based on the assumption that the movie would be a sequel, not a prequel

obviously who ever asked her this had they info mixed up
and it sonds like her answer wasn't her saying she is currently involved or knows anything about it, just that she would want to do it, if thats what they were doing

Last edited:
When X-Men: First Class was first announced it was speculated that it could involve Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat etc. However, it has been confirmed numerous times that First Class will revolve around young versions of Jean, Beast, Storm and Cyclops. IGN asked her *if* she would return and Worst Previews took it way out on context and said that she *was* returning.

It just shows you how sites can edit stuff to make whatever story they want.

This ain't happening, unless Rogue somehow time traveled to the past and decided to join the team before she did in the present timeline. And if Tom Rothman is working on the movie, you can almost count on that happening.

If actors like Paquin and Ashmore are still game... why not put X-4 back in play? Maybe they wouldn't pay Halle; Wolverine could be written out or reduced to a cameo if Hugh wasn't up to it, but it makes you wonder. Why wait and then recast everyone? Maybe Marsden would come back as Cyclops if they had to way to resurrect the character. Just makes you wonder. It would still obviously be expensive as hell to keep everyone, but it's something I'd consider.

That didnt stop [blackout]Cyclops[/blackout] from being in the Wolverine movie even though they didnt meet till X1

That didnt stop [blackout]Cyclops[/blackout] from being in the Wolverine movie even though they didnt meet till X1

That worked okay with the timeline and Cyclops's age though. Rogue in First Class wouldn't work unless it's a toddler Rogue, in which case Paquin wouldn't be needed.

I'm all for more Rogue time with Paquin in (especially after seeing her a bit in TrueBlood, I actually like Paquin now). They do need to give Rogue some action and make her more along the lines of comic book Rogue, but she shouldn't be in First Class. I want First Class to be about the first x-men (iceman and angel excluded of course)

*sigh* I don't know people, I just don't know how Fox is still running the show. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of Rogue and I love Paquin's remarks, but they just are not trying to keep continuity...

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=13726&count=0

IGN had the chance to speak to actress Anna Paquin, who played Rogue in all three "X-Men" films, to find out if she will be reprising her role in the recently-announced "X-Men: First Class," which will include Iceman, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, Jubilee and Shadowcat.

"Absolutely. Yeah," she revealed. "I would hope I could do a little bit more action next time, though. I kind of find it ironic that I did three big action films and did, actually, no action whatsoever. I mean I got some really amazing emotional story moments, but I didn't really get to do the physical stuff."

She continued: "You know, as much as I loved doing those films I was kind of like, 'OK, so when do I get to beat someone up? When do I get to steal some powers?' You know Sookie [Paquin's 'True Blood' character] gets to do more action than Rogue ever did. So I'm just putting that out there. More action please, for next time."

Thoughts?

That's my Anna! Didn't think I could love her anymore! I'd love to see Rogue and Gambit together in a film, Gambit spin-off?!

i know! anna is great, and she obviously wanted more.... the fans wanted more of her.... AND the story needed more of her....

how did they screw that up so much?? i mean, it should be common sense!

I love Anna and it's great she feels the same way as us I just wish she would of went Halle Berry on them. I mean she could of at least waved her oscar in Rothman's face for a while, it wouldn't of hurt to try.:woot:

I say she should have thrown her oscar threw his window at 3 in the morning with a not saying make Rogue badass!

Wtf.

Are they changing first class into a sequel?

I really don't care either way. The franchaise is ruined.

I think they were just speculating when they spoke to paquin. Nothing is really known about the project at this point

I thought this was a prequel? If it is then Rogue can't be in it 'cause she doesn't show up until Wolverine shows up..? :confused: If it's a sequel then, is it the FIRST CLASS? Maybe the first class after the death of Xavier were Storm is running the school. Being that the case, they would have to explain how Rogue, who had taken the cure in X3 gets her powers back. I would love to see Paquin back in the X-Men films, but as a prequel to X1 - the continuity will be way off.

I thought this was a prequel? If it is then Rogue can't be in it 'cause she doesn't show up until Wolverine shows up..? :confused: If it's a sequel then, is it the FIRST CLASS? Maybe the first class after the death of Xavier were Storm is running the school. Being that the case, they would have to explain how Rogue, who had taken the cure in X3 gets her powers back. I would love to see Paquin back in the X-Men films, but as a prequel to X1 - the continuity will be way off.

When news first came out about this movie it was assumed to be a sort of sequel but later on it was revealed to be a prequel something the reporter probably didn't know. Also Professor X lived he's just in another body.

When news first came out about this movie it was assumed to be a sort of sequel but later on it was revealed to be a prequel something the reporter probably didn't know. Also Professor X lived he's just in another body.

Yeah, i know-the post X3 credit scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"