Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

That Crazy Rich Asian will probably end up somewhere nicely in that stamina table too if its domestic crazy rich leg continues and push into a surprising top 10 this year.

That Crazy Rich Asian will probably end up somewhere nicely in that stamina table too if its domestic crazy rich leg continues and push into a surprising top 10 this year.

Kinda hard imho.

Assuming you mean Domestic top 10 (because WW top 10 is impossible) , maybe it can get to number 10 spot temporarily before it moves to number 11 , 12 or 13 eventually.

Hotel Transylvania 3 is number 10 currently with 162,8 mil. It will finish with around 167-169 mil . This is certainly doable for CRA.

Then there is A Quiet Place at number 9 with 188 mil. CRA can catch it but i doubt it can catch Han Solo which sits at number 8 spot with 213,7 mil (and has around 0,2-0,3k to add). MI6 has 206,7 mil but it will surpass Solo soon.

So yeah it cant go above Solo. Which will make it n9 temporarily.

Fantastic Beasts 2 will make it drop to number 10.

So its marginal. It will have to be lucky that no other film manages to gross 200+ mil.

Weekend actuals came in a bit higher. Will probably be over 600 today or tomorrow, tho again we won’t know it until OS updates.

Domestic: $213,977,857 35.8%
+ Foreign: $383,534,784 64.2%
= Worldwide: $597,512,641

Yeah, getting so close now.

Kinda hard imho.

Assuming you mean Domestic top 10 (because WW top 10 is impossible) , maybe it can get to number 10 spot temporarily before it moves to number 11 , 12 or 13 eventually.

Hotel Transylvania 3 is number 10 currently with 162,8 mil. It will finish with around 167-169 mil . This is certainly doable for CRA.

Then there is A Quiet Place at number 9 with 188 mil. CRA can catch it but i doubt it can catch Han Solo which sits at number 8 spot with 213,7 mil (and has around 0,2-0,3k to add). MI6 has 206,7 mil but it will surpass Solo soon.

So yeah it cant go above Solo. Which will make it n9 temporarily.

Fantastic Beasts 2 will make it drop to number 10.

So its marginal. It will have to be lucky that no other film manages to gross 200+ mil.

Yeah that’s why I said if the ”crazy leg” continues it will “push” it to a “surprising” top ten. If it doesn’t have some kind of further crazy leg like the past two weeks, there is no chance, like, at all. It won’t be easy but achievable depending on the leg.

Last edited:
HI, im new here, straight from Brazil lol, abraços

Last edited:
Excellent! Glad it reached that mark and hope for more.

You sure? It just made $110M in China. You don't think it will make $50M this weekend there?
There's not a whole lot of money left there or any of the other countries it has opened in already. Plus, it's only expected to do maybe $20 million in Japan.

lzxhRhY.gif

Remember how everyone was super quick to come into this thread and label it a disappointment after a week or so in theaters? Good times.

You sure? It just made $110M in China. You don't think it will make $50M this weekend there?
China doesnt work like that. Usually movies do less for the rest of their run from what they did in their opening weekend. AntMan 2 maybe become an exception but it wont be that much different. It opened for 66,6 mil. It has less than 30 mil left in China.
There's not a whole lot of money left there or any of the other countries it has opened in already. Plus, it's only expected to do maybe $20 million in Japan.
It only has Japan and China running. All the other markets are closing to the end. I dont tihnk it has more than 40 mil left WW.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to the next milestone when its global take reaches $606.8 million, marking the point where Marvel Studios' three 2018 movies will have earned over $4 billion dollars worldwide. Who would've thought a year ago that Black Panther + Ant-Man and the Wasp would earn nearly $2 billion between the two of them?

At any rate, I'm looking forward to the next milestone when its global take reaches $606.8 million, marking the point where Marvel Studios' three 2018 movies will have earned over $4 billion dollars worldwide. Who would've thought a year ago that Black Panther + Ant-Man and the Wasp would earn nearly $2 billion between the two of them?
No one of course lol.

Ironic that Disney bought Marvel for $4B and that's how much they made this one year alone.

To be fair, that overachievement is all thanks to BP's domestic take. 600+ million was a reasonable global projection for AMATW (most people voted as such), and the overseas numbers for BP were great but not unprecedented. Anyway, cheers to a great run for the smallest running MCU franchise, and it's continuation in the future!

That’s a bit disingenuous. If Black Panther made much impact why didn’t is do 700M+, 800M+? I think 600+ is about right. It’ll end up about 20% up on the first film. And the first film was coming off Age of Ultron, and 12 or so other MCU movies.

I think you missunderstood him. He was talking about the 4 bil total earning of MCU this year. It was mostly due to Black Panther which overperformed.

Tips over 610 today. Feels like it’s about done. Last week in China with few screens, Japan doing its part but bad weather and the earthquake could blunt its take, UK struggling to match the first movie after a bad call to push back the release and domestic theater count falling rapidly. $10 million left maybe? Mojo:

Domestic: $214,811,201 35.2%
+ Foreign: $395,400,000 64.8%
= Worldwide: $610,211,201

So is it official? Did the MCU make 4 billion dollars in a year from 3 movies?

MCU is on a roll. I hope they top it next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"