Ant-Man and the Wasp News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes World Cup next year. It's every 4 years. I would have thought they'd already knew about it though.

4 years ago was only 2 years ago! :argh:

There's also the European Championships which is every 4 years, 2 years after/before the World Cup. ;)

There's also the European Championships which is every 4 years, 2 years after/before the World Cup. ;)

The Olympics was only last year, but it already feels like the next one is going to be next year. :csad:

You hate sport? And time? :woot:

I don't hate sport. I watched the Olympics avidly. I'm talking about how quickly time passes. It only actually felt like earlier this year. And the last World Cup only felt like 2 years ago, not 4.

Even the World Cup that was going on in 2002 when Spider-Man was released only felt like a few years ago.

I don't hate sport. I watched the Olympics avidly. I'm talking about how quickly time passes. It only actually felt like earlier this year. And the last World Cup only felt like 2 years ago, not 4.

Even the World Cup that was going on in 2002 when Spider-Man was released only felt like a few years ago.

We're going into a time vortex because Marvel want to integrate X-Men and F4. ;)

The UK release date changed on IMDB. It's now August 3rd 2018.

We usually get the Marvel films first. :csad:

YwMBHUJ.gif

Now if only they'd move that Infinity War release date... :woot:

Wasp costume design looking hot right there!.. Wonder if they'll add cgi touch ups to her ala black Panther to achieve the desired look.

Wasp costume design looking hot right there!.. Wonder if they'll add cgi touch ups to her ala black Panther to achieve the desired look.
They will for sure. No costume is ever just what you see in set photos.

how's the tracking for this? Can it be the biggest film of July?

Tracking this early is meaningless. That being said, it's current competition isn't much. June 22 is Jurassic World. I suspect, by week three, it won't be impressive. Sicario 2, The Purge, and Mamma Mia don't seem like threats. I think Mi6 and Hotel Transylvania are the biggest threats. Kids cartoons are hard to predict but I'm not overly worried. I think A&W vs. Mi6 depends on the quality of A&W.

Peyton Reed
@MrPeytonReed

Happy 2018, everyone! I’ve been working hard on something that I’ll get to share with you in July. I can’t wait for you to see it.

I find it funny that he's talking about it like it's a secret project.

I find it funny that he's talking about it like it's a secret project.

Maybe he's not talking about A & W.

Maybe he's been polishing that old F4 script he had presented to FOX long ago.

These guys often juggle several projects, wouldn't surprise me at all.

Maybe he's not talking about A & W.

Maybe he's been polishing that old F4 script he had presented to FOX long ago.

These guys often juggle several projects, wouldn't surprise me at all.

But they are not going to physically show concepts until that deal goes through. Even if Comic Con is in July and he wanted to show something I doubt he can.

It doesn't necessarily have to be comic book related at all. But we're talking about something released in July, which makes it pretty obvious what he's talking about.

It doesn't necessarily have to be comic book related at all. But we're talking about something released in July, which makes it pretty obvious what he's talking about.

Comic Con :thf:

They look good together in that shot above.

I like Wasp's costume but I don't like the mask. I wish she isn't wearing it.

I'm just worried only marvel zombies will go to it. It's definitely in danger of getting forgotten being sandwiched between two much bigger franchises (avengers and black panther) but we will see

I'm just worried only marvel zombies will go to it. It's definitely in danger of getting forgotten being sandwiched between two much bigger franchises (avengers and black panther) but we will see

This movie comes out after Infinity War. Also, I don't think there's any strong reason to assume that only "marvel zombies" are going to see it. The first movie was a hit critically and financially. Plus he was in Civil War (which was a huge hit) and many people thought he stole the show in that along with Spider-Man. As long the the trailers/previews look good, I have no reason to believe this movie won't be a big success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"