Ant-Man and the Wasp News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just worried only marvel zombies will go to it. It's definitely in danger of getting forgotten being sandwiched between two much bigger franchises (avengers and black panther) but we will see
Sandwiched? It's after both of those so it should reap some benefit of likely being a continuation of the events of IW.

I'm just worried only marvel zombies will go to it. It's definitely in danger of getting forgotten being sandwiched between two much bigger franchises (avengers and black panther) but we will see

It might be promoted as the ideal date movie or family comedy. Like I can see all ages enjoying something about it as the first film was very different from other Marvel films.

It might be promoted as the ideal date movie or family comedy. Like I can see all ages enjoying something about it as the first film was very different from other Marvel films.

Yeah good point. I suppose we will have to wait and see what the trailer looks like and what the buzz is

Sandwiched? It's after both of those so it should reap some benefit of likely being a continuation of the events of IW.

Sandwiched in terms of popularity, like everyone is talking so much about bp and avengers they forget this even existed

This movie comes out after Infinity War. Also, I don't think there's any strong reason to assume that only "marvel zombies" are going to see it. The first movie was a hit critically and financially. Plus he was in Civil War (which was a huge hit) and many people thought he stole the show in that along with Spider-Man. As long the the trailers/previews look good, I have no reason to believe this movie won't be a big success.

Yeah another fair point. Let's cross those fingers and toes

At this point they already took the biggest risks, I don't see any of the upcoming movies failing at the box office.

Sandwiched in terms of popularity, like everyone is talking so much about bp and avengers they forget this even existed

Either way it's still a silly thing to worry about. How are people going to forget it exists? Marvel is going to promote the hell out of this movie like they do with all their movies. They're most likely going have the trailer play before Infinity War, have talk show appearances, tons of tv spots, merchandise, etc. The only way people are going to forget this movie existed is if Marvel doesn't promote it t all.

Getting some deja vu because once the Ragnarok hype came people said the same about BP. BP was suppose to be overlooked because it is right before IWs. People are going to see it because it has a connection and like it is a job is what some thought. That doesn't seem to be true though.

People will see this movie it comes after IWs and it is small scale. That will make it fun. AM was well liked in Civil War.

It just needs to deliver a great trailer like Thor 3 and people will show up.

I’m really not worried about Ant Man’s box office performance.
It’s coming after Black Panther and Avengers. If both of those are well received, I think it will leave the audience hungry for another Marvel movie, regardless how it’s quality.
Also, what are people expecting for this? 600-700? If it reaches 700 I imagine Marvel will be thrilled.

I’m far more worried about this movie’s critical reception than box office, and I loved the first Ant Man.

With BP coming out in a month, and this scheduled for the first week of July, the trailer is guaranteed to come in about 3 weeks, right?

DTrpijsVQAEdtCJ.jpg

Oh that looks good! :up:

It's great to see Wasp wearing her classic colors, black and brown.

They look good next to each other too.

As others have said, Wasp could use a little more yellow on hers (she's called WASP after all). Still I like the overall design of the suit (and it's kind of neat that the design on her torso looks kind of insect-y as well).

Still I like the overall design of the suit (and it's kind of neat that the design on her torso looks kind of insect-y as well).

There's a face on each of their torsos.

Kind of wish we got a picture with the Wasp wings but I’m sure we’ll see it in the trailer.

Yep, really looking forward to seeing the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"