Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

I just hate that we have to deal with years of this Multiverse BS. I'm f'n sick of multiverses now.
....and there is a version of you that is slightly indifferent to it.....and a version that loves it....and a ........

....and there is a version of you that is slightly indifferent to it.....and a version that loves it....and a ........

This somewhat reminded me of another multiverse story with the Justice League vs. the Crime Syndicate animated movie, and how Owl Man basically went mad over discovering the multiverse and wanted to erase the whole thing. Like he couldn't cope with the existence of all these alternate realities and decided to erase all reality.

While not a huge multiverse fan ATM, I did like that animated movie. Well done for the most part.

Finally watched this movie and...

The movie looked small and claustrophobic with the entire movie taking place in the Quantum Realm because nothing looked like a real or tangible world. It looked like an episode of Star Trek half the time instead of a big budget Marvel movie. I've seen episodes of the Mandalorian that looked more impressive, production value wise.

The writing was not very good. Cassy was annoying. It got annoying hearing someone from the first movie go "DARREN!?" at MODOK because they repeated the same reveal three times that he's the villain from the first Ant-Man movie.

The movie picked up a bit when Kang finally showed up. Majors felt like he was in a different movie than everyone else. But with this and the Loki series, they've really shot their wad with Kang. We've already seen him do his villain monologues and being threatening. He feels overexposed already, which is different than Thanos, where he was largely kept in the background until they unleashed him full force in Infinity War. With your big bad, less is more most of the time.

I was so confused by the end of the movie. Felt like Scott and Hope should've been trapped in the Quantum Realm, would've made for a more dramatic and tough ending and a bit of a cliffhanger. I'm also a big confused how they were able so easily to open the portal back up from the other side. Didn't they basically destroy all that tech needed to open the quantum realm portal up?

Also, so much I don't like about this is that Marvel was so deadset on making Scott Lang the Ant-Man when it should've been Hank Pym.

Janet should've been our main Wasp. Hope isn't interesting at all, and she has almost nothing to do in this movie at all except react to Scott. Even Janet doesn't have much to do either except as a guide around the Quantum Realm. I mean I guess it's nice they had the older generation in there as part of the story, but doing this to Hank and Janet never sat well with me.

Now this is largely because of Edgar Wright, but thems the breaks. Kang isn't Ant-Man's villain either. Ultron is. Except they forced Ultron into being Tony Stark's creation instead. Ultron being Hank's creation has haunted him for years.

Unfortunately this has a big chance to win a lot razzies.
I still like it, but I can understand a lot people dont.
But it doesn’t deserve those razzies…not if you take in consideration Fast 10 wasn’t even nominated

Unfortunately this has a big chance to win a lot razzies.
I still like it, but I can understand a lot people dont.
But it doesn’t deserve those razzies…not if you take in consideration Fast 10 wasn’t even nominated
I like it as well despite all it's problems.While it's being near the bottom for me MCU-wise, there are way worse movies out there. And if Love & Thunder didn't get any razzies, this wasn't going to either.

Strangely I prefer seeing Antman in a Avengers movie I dont like his solo-movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"