Gotham Anti-Gun Message in S02E14?

calgrizzly

Civilian
Reaction score
"Guns aren't for show and they aren't for protection. They are for one thing...."

Of course guns are for protection and the vast majority of 10's of millions of gun owners including all police officers and military would tell you the same.

Why do these shows always have to be riddled with government propaganda? Makes me sad because I love this show....

..maybe it is because the modern Batman despises traditional guns (except for rubber bullets, time traveling radion powered bullets, etc.)

I understand that is part of the plot. It was just the way it was injected into the story line the way they did.

Selina lives on the streets of Gotham. She probably doesn't see the practicality of owning a gun for show and most of the action that she has seen involving guns has probably been with the intent for someone to die. Her first scene in the show is witnessing Bruce's parents being shot and killed in a alley.

I agree that they were laying it on too thick there. That said, in the context, Selina was right. That gun wasn't meant for protection. It was meant for killing. It would've been better if they'd phrased it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"