The Gun Thread

Not gonna lie. Part of me wants someone to break in someday.

I'd never want that to happen and I hope to never need a reason to use any of my guns in self defense. At the same time, I'm not going to let myself become a victim.

OK, so this is kind of threat related in that there have been lots of school shootings in the news lately.

And it got me thinking…I believe that every school should be required by law to have a class once a year for parents (it would be mandatory to come in order to keep your kid in school) that teaches them what to look for in possible mental issues/disorders warning signs. So many parents are oblivious to what their kids are doing or how they acting. Maybe with a class some of that knowledge might actually sink in and they may just happen to notice some of the early warning signs they may not have seen before.

OK, so this is kind of threat related in that there have been lots of school shootings in the news lately.

And it got me thinking…I believe that every school should be required by law to have a class once a year for parents (it would be mandatory to come in order to keep your kid in school) that teaches them what to look for in possible mental issues/disorders warning signs. So many parents are oblivious to what their kids are doing or how they acting. Maybe with a class some of that knowledge might actually sink in and they may just happen to notice some of the early warning signs they may not have seen before.

This thread isn't about politics. This thread is about people who own guns and enjoy the sport and want to talk about them.

Question for you guys. I've been the the range and my kids really enjoyed shooting the .22 rifle. They didn't like the 12 gauge shotgun because it was too heavy and the kickback was too much for them.

I'm thinking of getting a handgun, a .22 rifle, and a shotgun. I have kids so I am buying a gun safe or cabinet to stow the guns and ammo. So my question is, if my guns are locked in the safe how can I safely store/use the handgun for defense if, God forbid, the need ever arises?

anyone got any good .22 rifles in mind?

im also think of getting another revolver in the future.
what are the recommendations from my fellow Hype gun owners?

So my question is, if my guns are locked in the safe how can I safely store/use the handgun for defense if, God forbid, the need ever arises?

I cant speak on any kind of authority as i keep my Walther on my nightstand, but Id assume keeping your weapons in a safe or gun cabinet, while the absolute safest route to take, would essentially dilute any type of quick access. Altho i guess you could keep the key nearby and if something were to happen you could get to the safe in timely fashion.

Not necessarily. I assume your front door isn't made out of cardboard.

Depending on the sort of safe, you should have ample time.

There's also trigger locks, I guess, for a non-safe solution.

Not necessarily. I assume your front door isn't made out of cardboard.

Depending on the sort of safe, you should have ample time.

There's also trigger locks, I guess, for a non-safe solution.

Makes sense. Like i said, i really dont know. Dont own a safe as i just dont see the need at the moment.

Question for you guys. I've been the the range and my kids really enjoyed shooting the .22 rifle. They didn't like the 12 gauge shotgun because it was too heavy and the kickback was too much for them.

I'm thinking of getting a handgun, a .22 rifle, and a shotgun. I have kids so I am buying a gun safe or cabinet to stow the guns and ammo. So my question is, if my guns are locked in the safe how can I safely store/use the handgun for defense if, God forbid, the need ever arises?

Most Taurus handguns have a lock on them that requires a key. Both of mine came with a little key that inserts into the side of the gun and can lock or unlock it. When it's lock the slide doesn't move no matter what.

anyone got any good .22 rifles in mind?

im also think of getting another revolver in the future.
what are the recommendations from my fellow Hype gun owners?

You can't go wrong with the Ruger 10/22. Accurate and very reliable. Plus, you can get all kinds of tacticool items for it.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll keep the trigger lock and built in key lock in mind when I go to the gun store. I'm thinking of getting a Marlin .22 semiautomatic rifle.

I really love the look of revolvers. At one store I saw a revolver rifle looking thing that was beautiful.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll keep the trigger lock and built in key lock in mind when I go to the gun store. I'm thinking of getting a Marlin .22 semiautomatic rifle.

I really love the look of revolvers. At one store I saw a revolver rifle looking thing that was beautiful.

the Marlins are very nice... i have a Marlin model 60 and a Marlin 795... both are very enjoyable to shoot, and my wife loves the model 60

revolvers are nice too. i also have a Ruger 357 Magnum- absolutely beautiful gun- considering getting another revolver or two if i can afford it. maybe something a bit smaller for the wife. she cant and doesn't want to handle the 357... too much power for her.

My younger sister has a Marlin 60 and loves it. She is deadly accurate with it too.

9mm Glock 24 G4 x 2
.380 S&W Bodyguard
.38 S&W lemon squeeze nickel plated
.22 Ruger rifle w/ interchangeable 30 round clip
9mm CZ Beretta (from when CZ was still made in CZ)

revolver wise, what are your recommendations?

im slightly privy to the ruger 357 design

funny enough, this is the exact one that i have... didnt even notice it...

personally, i think it's the thicker barrel. ive been looking at other revolvers, and i find myself not too interested in those that have thinner barrels.. i guess to me it has a more threatening look (if that makes any sense)

How is that 357 revolver or any revolver to shoot? Is it crazy loud, strong kickback?

the 357 round can have a large kickback and be loud, however this particular revolver also uses the .38 special... i love that ammunition for the 357... not as powerful and most certainly not as loud

I was just looking at the Chiappa Rhino. That gun looks sweet and from the videos there doesn't seem to be much of a kickback. Too bad they are so darn expensive.

tempted to pick up a Taurus Raging Bull... what are all of your thoughts on that particular handgun?

tempted to pick up a Taurus Raging Bull... what are all of your thoughts on that particular handgun?

I've been wanting to get a Taurus Model 627
627SS6.jpg

it's step down from the Raging Bull. Taurus used to get a bad rap and to a point still do, but they have come a long way and make some great handguns now. I own two Taurus 9mm pistols and in all the years and rounds I have put through them, I have only ever had one issue where I had a jam.

I think it just comes down to gun snobs bashing it.

Got my first gun. Yay! I got the Marlin 60 .22 LR semi-auto rifle.

Too bad all the stores around here are out of the .22 ammo. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"