Any Chance of Capsule Corp?

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by mr. peasant, Jan 12, 2008.

1. mr. peasant Registered

Figured I'd bring up this topic whilst we await more info on filming. Given the setting, what do you all think is the likelihood that we'll see capsule technology being featured in Dragon Ball movie. Considering Bulma's father is appearing in the movie, the decision is clearly being made from the first movie on. Personally, I'd like to see some of it appearing as it is an integral part of the Dragon Ball experience. Yet, I can't help but think it'll be a little jarring given the setting.

On a related note, what kind of character do you think Bulma's father will be? Will he remain a quirky inventor who is also the president of a multibillion-dollar company? Or should they just take one of the two? Or will they completely reinvent the character to explain his possession of a Dragon Ball?

Post your thoughts.

2. Da Games Elite Registered

I'm going with quirky inventor at least, and multibillion dollar company second.

3. Rocker22 Registered

I think there is a good chance of seeing it in there somewhere.

4. MoPlaYa Crazy Guy

I hope they do...Thats one of the things I love about DB

5. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

Not having even a reference to Capsule Corp is like them not referencing Gotham PD in a Batman movie.

6. MoPlaYa Crazy Guy

^^ I agree

7. Adam Registered

We have several futuristic-looking buildings. I'm sure one of them is Capsule Corp, don't worry.

8. MoPlaYa Crazy Guy

Yep

9. Dedpool Registered

Yep. Bulma's confirmed, so Capsule Corp is, too.

And if she weren't, this forum would be crammed with hate threads.

10. mr. peasant Registered

Not to sound so pessimistic. But while Chi Chi's been confirmed, it's doubtful that Gyumao will make an appearance (at least the way he's depicted in Dragon Ball). From what we've heard, Bulma is supposed to be a student from Goku's school.

On a related note, is it confirmed that the story is set in the 'real world' as opposed to the Dragon Ball one? As in, has anyone mentioned this or was this an assumption based on the plot and set pictures? After all, Gohan went to school in Satan City, which looked more or less like a 'typical' Earth city. I mention this because if it is indeed set in the 'real world', then it's unlikely that we'll see capsule technology or those weird flying vehicles in the movie.

11. DarkSuperman Registered

True.

I say little to no chance of having Capsule Corp. Yes, I know that sux. :csad:

12. Dedpool Registered

Gyumao is a person, though, not an entity. His role isn't as important to the central plot as Capsule Corp. Besides, it's much easier to integrate an entity into a film than it is a character. All you have to do is work the entity into a line or two, and there you go.

We didn't even see Capsule Corp for a good while at the beginning of Dragon Ball. It was more of a common point of interest in Dragon Ball Z. All we really need to know is that it exists. Like Warhammer pointed out, Capsule Corp is to Dragon Ball as the Gotham PD is to Batman. We don't need every scene to take place there, but it needs to exist in the storyline.

And speaking of Gyumao, I'm sure we'll see him integrated into the story somehow. He may not look the same, but I doubt Chi-Chi will be an orphan.

That's what I wouldn't be too sure about one way or the other. Capsule Corp will exist, but whether that means we'll see real capsule technology or not, is anyone's guess. Capsule Corp could just be the name of the company, and nothing more. By the way, I won't be too happy if they change Bulma's surname from Briefs to Capsule. I'd rather she just have no last name, at all, if that were the case.

13. Lobo Liv is Life

No Bulma is a few years older than goku early 20's in the moveie and already out of school

Capsule Corp will probably be mentioned but I dont think we'll see the Capsule tech or at leats not in the traditional sense