any great games coming out in 2008?

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
any exclusive or 4rd party games coming out next year? list them here.

Xbox 360:

Alan Wake
Too Human
Halo Wars
Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Gears of War 2
Banjo Kazooie 3
Splinter Cell 5 (for now)

Wii:

I don't know.

PS3:

Maybe the new ICO title?
Resistance 2 maybe?
Metal Gear Solid 4 (for now)
Final Fantasy 13 (for now)
Killzone 2 (it'll be great... GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT LOLOLOLOLOL)

Wii has Smash Bros. Brawl, which should have come out this month because it's already done. PS3 also has Haze which got pushed back even though it was done, for the same reasons as Brawl (congested Holiday lineup). On the multiplat front there's also Devil May Cry 4 and Tom Clancy's Endwar.

By the way WHF, I wouldn't go calling Killzone 2 a giant disappointment when you listed Too Human and Fable 2 in the Xbox 360 section. LAMLAMLAM

Wii has Smash Bros. Brawl, which should have come out this month because it's already done. PS3 also has Haze which got pushed back even though it was done, for the same reasons as Brawl (congested Holiday lineup). On the multiplat front there's also Devil May Cry 4 and Tom Clancy's Endwar.

By the way WHF, I wouldn't go calling Killzone 2 a giant disappointment when you listed Too Human in the Xbox 360 section. LAMLAMLAM

LAM all you want but Too Human's video diaries show a lot more promise than Killzone 2. Infinitely as much when you consider that Silicon Knights has produced a few great games while Guerrilla has yet to produce one. :D

PS: Haze looks awful. It's from the developers of PantsSplitters and I'm pretty sure it's not even exclusive. :(

By the way WHF, I wouldn't go calling Killzone 2 a giant disappointment when you listed Too Human and Fable 2 in the Xbox 360 section. LAMLAMLAM

LOL! Fable 2 would be a giant disappointment? Why? The first game was brilliant. But I guess you don't appreciate brilliance, you appreciate trash like DMC and Killzone.

:whatever:

I didn't notice his knock on Fable! How dare he! That was one of the best action-adventure games on the console!! :mad:

Yeah, his opinion on pretty much anything has lost all credibility since he compared it to that heap Killzone.

I'll always give an opinion a listen, but Fable was a much better game than Killzone. I'm betting Too Human turns out great as well.

Indeed. Meh, that sort of ignorance angers me, though. I'm sick of having to protect that game from people who saw the game and said, "Where's the ability to plant an acorn and watch it grow?!" And proceeded to throw the controller in frustration and cry/whine on games boards about it. Most of their criticisms lean towards the childish disappointment side.

It was a beautiful looking game, well-polished, and it had an interesting storyline. Plus, GI and IGN gave it a 95 and 93, respectively, and that's all I care about.

PS3:
Infamous
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier (unconfirmed)
Metal Gear Online
Little Big Planet
Heavy Rain
Tekken 6

Fable was not a bad game, but it was still a DISAPPOINTMENT. It was nothing near as big as the empty promises that Peter Molynux fed us for the years leading up to its release, so much so that he actually ended up posting a written apology online about the game failing to meet the hype by a long shot. I did not say it was a bad game, but I was pointing out the hypocrisy of WHF saying Killzone 2 will be a disappointment when Fable 2 is also the sequel to a disappointing game. And also, to WHF's comment that Guerrilla has not made a good game, I will say that he has obviously chosen to ignore Killzone Liberation for PSP.

As for Too Human, I stopped caring about what the developers have said about whether or not it will be good, because the game does not look very good at all. With each underwhelming screen shot and disappointed preview I read, it becomes more apparent that they were trying to use Epic as a scapegoat for why their game isn't delivering. People who are hyping it are hyping it for the same reasons that people hyped Lair. Developer track record could not save Lair from the fact that it had a kind of weak concept, and that it was very sloppily made.

I won't deny Fable was the ****, but WHF should know to put that on the 2009 list. And Bango Kazooie 3? Come on.

And does anyone know if Fable works on the 360?

LOADS of great games coming out next year!

Ones to watch:

Alan Wake
Alone in the Dark 5 (As I learnt from WHF, probably not good though)
Banjo Kazooie 3
Battlefield: Bad Company
Borderlands
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 5 (will probably be a big turd though)
Condemed 2: Bloodshot
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assualt on Dark Athena
The Club
Dark Sector
Dark Void
Dead Space (maybe next year)
Devil May Cry 4
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (on consoles)
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Final Fantasy 13 (maybe next year)
Fracture
Gears of War 2
Golden Axe
Gran Turismo 5
Grand Theft Auto IV
Guitar Hero IV
Halo Wars
Haze (but as WHF said, probably terrible)
Hellboy
Interstellar Marines
Iron Man
Killzone 2
Little Big Planet
Left 4 Dead
Lost Planet (PS3 Edition)
Lost: The Video Game
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metro 2033: The Last Refuge
Mirror's Edge (Whatever the hell that is)
Ninja Gaiden 2
Prototype
Resident Evil 5 (let's all hope to god)
Resistance: Fall of Man 2
Saints Row 2 (you might be looking forward to this I guess)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Street Fighter 4
Tekken 6
They
To End All Wars
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Tom Clancy's Endwar
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
Too Human
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
Turok
Viking: Battle for Asgard
Wardevil: Enigma
WET
Yakuza 3

Green titles are 360 Exclusive, bolded ones are PS3... you can tell I've got too much time on my hands.

It's going to be quite a year...

A lot of those bear a slight resemblance to horse ****.

Well its on PC too, not on PS3 though...

It'll be there. EA already did the grunt work of getting Source to run on PS3.

You should get it on PC though, along with Blas and Extro and WHF and possibly Zenien, so we can all go zombie hunting together.

That'd be mega awesome. Me and Blas could be silly, while you, WHF, and Zenien argue over the texturing of the door you're opening.

I can go ahead and confirm that both WHF and Zenien are wrong.

I can go ahead and confirm that both WHF and Zenien are wrong.

You were on WHF's side. Can you get head sets for the PC? Cause if I got a top of the range PC, I could also get the Halo trilogy, Gears, Alan Wake and such...

Yeah, most people have PC mics/headsets these days. And I'm never on WHF's side. Have you read what that disloyal punk has been saying about me? That lying cock. I don't even own a hamster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"