any great games coming out in 2008?

Besides all that were mentioned, everyone forgot...

Bioware´s Sonic RPG, for the DS

And XtromaniaK......to like Ninja Gaiden and call DMC trash is just stupid.
Devil May Cry is amazing.

If it was the first video game you ever played.

Devil May Cry is awful compared to Ninja Gaiden. It's like going from Morrowind to Diablo.

All of a sudden, everyone seems to hate DMC and love Ninja Gaiden.

I say BS, both games are great, end of story.

RE5, Brawl, and MGS4 is all that matters next year.

-TNC

How dare you.

MGS4 > Any 360 exclusive (until its not exclusive anymore). :cmad:

You'd have to have a pretty special ass to beat MGS4. It must send faxes or something.

Grand theft auto 4, smash bros, res5.

Metal Gear is going to be good, but i'm not feeling a ps3 just for that.

No and no.

Yes and yes. The MGS storyline has become ridiculous, the gameplay isn't all that special anymore, etc. etc. and so on and so forth. Both of those games are much more innovative and plain better. Doesn't take a monkey to understand that.

UbiSoft´s Far Cry 2
Obsidian´s Alien RPG
Gearbox´s Alien FPS
Gas Powered Games Space Siege

Isildur´s Heir;13483527 said:
Far Cry 2
Obsidian´s Alien RPG
Gearbox´s Alien FPS

Gearbox is making an Aliens FPS? :huh:

I completely missed that little bit of information.

Gearbox is making an Aliens FPS? :huh:

I completely missed that little bit of information.

And one based on Heat
At the Ubidays 2007 event in Paris last week, Gearbox founder Randy Pitchford was cornered by Swedish game-news site Gamereactor for a TV interview. After the obligatory plug for the upcoming WWII shooter Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, he gave some updates about two film license projects his studio is working on.

The Colonial Marine experience on next-gen platforms? Outstanding!
First up was Gearbox's forthcoming shooter based on James Cameron's 1986 sci-fi classic Aliens. Development for the project is apparently well under way. "We're working really hard on that right now," said Pitchford. Sega is publishing the game in conjunction with 20th Century Fox, which owns the film rights.

The executive also revealed some tidbits about the plot of the Aliens game, which is due on "next-gen platforms" in 2009. "Our game's about becoming a Colonial Marine, and looking at it from the Colonial Marines' perspective," explained Pitchford. The Colonial Marines battled the acid-blooded xenomorphs in Aliens, and were a template for the troopers who fight alongside the Master Chief in the Halo games.

Pitchford also revealed there was a limited amount of collaboration going on between Gearbox and Obsidian Entertainment (Neverwinter Nights II), which is making an Aliens-based role-playing game. "There's people on our production team that share things with them," he said, before explaining the two titles were "going in totally different directions."

Pitchford also revealed that he hooked up with a famed film director to kick around ideas for a game adaptation of the 1995 crime epic Heat. "I've had some meetings with Michael Mann," said Pitchford. "[And] I think there's some room for interactive entertainment to deal with the challenges between cops and robbers."

Unfortunately, the developer also had some discouraging news about the Heat game, which was revealed at the 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo. "We haven't actually started on this project yet," he admitted, "But it's something I'm impassioned by and it's something that we've talked about a lot with the filmmakers and they're interested in doing too."

Sad news is, only for 2009, which means that "is not a great game coming ou in 2008" :(

You and Zenien can play as boss zombies, while the rest of the mob plays as survivors. It'd be really fun. All you need is steam and about $50...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"