Just Wait Until the "Director's Cut"

myway

Civilian
Reaction score
Just wait until the "Director's Cut" of this movie is released on DVD. I love the 2003 "Hulk", however I can see where many were left in the cold (I too thought the "hulk dogs" were stupid). This movie had great action, especially an awesome ending sequence, and could have completely delivered as either a restart or a sequel. We know Edward Norton to be a stickler for good movies who surely insisted on more character and plot development; a little research into the production history of this movie shows that Edward Norton and director Louis Lettterier intended for something much different than we got.

I didn't follow the publicity around the dispute between Marvel and Norton thoroughly, so I wasn't worrying about lowering my expectations when I saw the film.

I loved what we received, and I'm sure twenty or thirty minutes of more character development would make me love the film even more.

I hope we do get a DC, because Marvel's shoddy editing of this definately didnt help the movie.

I hope we do get a DC, because Marvel's shoddy editing of this definately didnt help the movie.

I'm betting Marvel's decision to do these edits for the theatrical print stems from the criticism of what was perceived as the glacial pace of Ang Lee's Hulk movie.

LL already said the cut you saw in the theaters is his cut so keep waiting.
You may get a bunch of deleted scenes but not a different cut.

But, he could have been blowing smoke because he has to back the movie that is in the theaters.

But, he could have been blowing smoke because he has to back the movie that is in the theaters.

Which is why I refer to the "Director's Cut" as the Norton Edit.

I think that's the case, don't get me wrong, I like LL and he delivered an amazing movie but over the months upto the film he did 'blow smoke' a number of times.

I'm betting Marvel's decision to do these edits for the theatrical print stems from the criticism of what was perceived as the glacial pace of Ang Lee's Hulk movie.

Which i just done see the reasoning for at all, the editing in TIH definately drew a few WTF moments and gutted some of the character development of the movie also. I have no doubt the Norton cut will be a better movie.

Just wait until the "Director's Cut" of this movie is released on DVD. I love the 2003 "Hulk", however I can see where many were left in the cold (I too thought the "hulk dogs" were stupid). This movie had great action, especially an awesome ending sequence, and could have completely delivered as either a restart or a sequel. We know Edward Norton to be a stickler for good movies who surely insisted on more character and plot development; a little research into the production history of this movie shows that Edward Norton and director Louis Lettterier intended for something much different than we got.

LL allready said that there won´t be a director cut, the blueray will have the 70 minutes that were cut, but as deleted scenes

LL allready said that there won´t be a director cut, the blueray will have the 70 minutes that were cut, but as deleted scenes

What about just standard DVD? I don't have a Blue Ray player nor do I feel the need to purchase one.

Then we need to convince him to do otherwise. You can have both the theatrical version and the DC on one Blu-ray or two DVD's. I guess it's time to start sending LL e-mails. :woot:

We really need a DC for this one... so many holes... Banner is a man on the run and they decide to walk to the bus station?

I would love to see Norton version of the movie. Although this movie being a summer action movie I understand the cuts they made to the movie.

I think we need a DC, and not just theatrical release with delete footages. We need to see how the movie would look with those scenes added in, and I hope LL and Marvel will eventually cater to our wishes.

Well, whether the theatrical was LL's cut or not, at the least we'll get an extended edition if not a Director's Cut.

We know Edward Norton to be a stickler for good movies who surely insisted on more character and plot development;

Ed Norton must be pretty disappointed in himself after the truly awful Illusionist and now this ridiculous spectacle.

i'm still waiting for spiderman 3.1

and elektra 0.0 (currently constructing a time machine)

I wont be watching this movie until wedensday, but I have no fear for this movie not delievering, I'm sure it will... But I'll also say this up front! If we truely will get a director's cut on dvd/bluray, that's really 70 minutes longer then that of the theatrical release, than I'm sure it'll be a much BETTER movie! It's all the story they've cut off for the theatrical release, and that sucks quite a bit...

I wouldn't mind watching the director's cut, but I don't think the editing was as shoddy or it felt truncated or bowdlerized as some of you are making it. The only part that felt expurgated was the scene where he's at the martial arts studio and his teacher slaps his face, we see a cut on his face after that scene. Now one can make it clear that he didn't get a cut till afterward, but I did feel it would've explained that when Banner is Banner the cuts, scrapes, etc. remain, but as Hulk he is an indestructible beast that cannot be taken down. I also would've loved to seen the Antartica scene and more of Tim Blake Nelson's character. Mr. Blue's scenes I could care less about. I also didn't mind the shortening down of the college kids' scenes. And I enjoyed the Stan Lee getting gamma-radiated. It made me think of his spot on "The Simpsons" where he said, "I AM THE HULK!" lol

Just some minutes added I would be fine with but they don't need to change everything or add more to this or that.

Lastly, we do need a "SPIDER-MAN 3.1" soon. Hopefully by next summer. I don't think I can wait till SM4.

i'm still waiting for spiderman 3.1

and elektra 0.0 (currently constructing a time machine)

ha, ha yes an Elektra 0.0 would be good.

I'm still waiting for an extended X3, Spidey 3 and FF 2.

titanic was on 2 disks so was king kong.. then again those were huge movies, but i can see them going 2 disc with this..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"