Just Wait Until the "Director's Cut"

I wont be watching this movie until wedensday, but I have no fear for this movie not delievering, I'm sure it will... But I'll also say this up front! If we truely will get a director's cut on dvd/bluray, that's really 70 minutes longer then that of the theatrical release, than I'm sure it'll be a much BETTER movie! It's all the story they've cut off for the theatrical release, and that sucks quite a bit...

You all do know that despite this film being 1hr 52mins, Norton pushed for a 2hr 15min cut with more character development calling it a "zen" Hulk, Marvel did not want his 23 minutes of extra footage, that would have been what we could have seen in theatres. Never were we going to see this 70 minutes of extra footage which would have the running time to 3 hours. The "suicide cut" which was 3 hours long had everything they filmed, it is from those three hours where film makers start editing and making a more reasonable running time. What Leterrier said is that on Blu-Ray you are going to see everything they filmed meaning all those 70 minutes cut from the three hour suicide cut. He says some stuff that was cut was good but some was horrible and we are going to see all of it on Blu-Ray. On DVD we will just see as much extra footage they can fit.

Like others have mentioned, you need to take what Leterrier says with a grain of salt.
He may want to put 70 minutes on the Blu-Ray as deleted scenes but he probably doesn't have as much pull of what goes on there as probably Marvel does.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt until what they say can't be trusted.
I like the guy, but I heard (and saw) him say that Captain America was in the film, no hints, no clues, he was in the film. I think his exact words were something like, "you will see him".
This wasn't some interview done months ago, this was Wednesday or Tuesday of the release week, after he delivered the final cut.

They don't have to have a directors cut or a Nortnon cut to give us an extended cut of the film. All they need to do is release a *Gasp* version called something like "The Incredible Hulk Extended edition, the version we wanted to show in theatres but couldn't because we wanted more money then a 3 hour movie would allowed plus we didn't want to take the risk boring you in between HULK SMASH!".

Granted, that is a very long title for a version, but you get the idea.

well if the film drops in its second week I think the chances of getting an extended cut are greater since marvel will want to make as much money as possible... netflix and blockbuster will buy all the regular versions of the film while us fans will pay more for the extended cut.

I honestly think it was the right thing to do with this film, they really had no choice. I actually thought it would be even faster, but the movie still had a lot in it much to my delight. I could feel in the audience though, especially in the time between the first hulk out and the second, that restlessness starting to settle in. I heard more than a few yawns and babies starting to talk and things of that nature. To the general audience, all that correspondence on the computer and Love stuff with Betty just isn't of interest to them. Other heroes can get away with it, but Banner is a emotionally withdrawn scientist, he isn't some playboy spouting off one-liners. The extended cut will no doubt be great for the fans who want that, but I think they delivered the best experience possible and anymore would surely have sent people in the theatre to sleep

I really want to see the actual movie for I feel I've seen a big synopsis.

After reading the novelization, I feel that the movie was very choppy. There were so many things that would have helped the story along. So many little non-Hulk sequences like Doc Sampson's entire existence.

yeah, i don't know why they even brougth sampson in, in this cut, he provides absolutely nothing.

Betty acts like she's never dated him and goes off with bruce, he never even interacts with banner. He's probably more useless than the chick at the beginning of the film

LL allready said that there won´t be a director cut, the blueray will have the 70 minutes that were cut, but as deleted scenes
Oh that's just great,Blu-Ray dupes me again :cmad: lol
I don't have a blu-ray player.
When I got Enchanted on DVD, they said the Blu-Ray disc has some extra features that you can only get on the blu-ray,such as looking for all the Disney references.
And now TIH will put 70 minutes of deleted footage on Blu-Ray?
I really do hope they put them on the standard DVD aswell.
I have the Spider-Man trilogy, and they never had deleted scenes.
I'm not sure if the Blu-Ray trilogy has deleted scenes in it or not though, so this may be a void statement on my part lol :oldrazz:

As long we get the deleted scenes in some form, even if just as a special feature, someone will make a kick-ass fan-edit.

I wonder if we get to see the Hulk jump some areas sometime during those 70 minutes. Not too much to ask for. It's over an hour.

They even cut out Bruce and Samson's "heart to heart" scene that was in the trailer. I hope to see that on the DVD.

the main reason i will buy this dvd is the captain america cameo.

i think the whole suicidal banner thing makes for a really interesting plot point. by mixing in cap you open up a worrrrlddddd of potential.

even if they cut it, were gunna see it anyways.

I bet when all is said and done we will get an extended cut on dvd. The studio knows this is a perfect opportunity to get fans to double dip.

I'm pretty happy with the cut received. I agree it was done so that the film had a more action packed pace than a drawn out story, and quite frankly that's the version I wanted to see in the theatres. all those extra scenes are good for people who will invest their time to appreciate the extra character development, and those people are usually the comic fans like myself. general audiences who just wanna see Hulk tear things apart and not sit patiently between Hulk outs got their version; something that wouldn't remind them of Ang Lee's turtle race. we'll get ours in the Blu-Ray version. I seriously doubt, though, that another 70 minutes will be added to it. I seriously doubt that they'll present an entirely different movie (which 70 minutes would do) from LL's vision. someone please tell me a DC version of a movie that really had that much more to offer than it's theatrical release. every so-called DC I've seen literally added another 10-15 minutes TOPS and they were never additions that gave the story more depth or polish. while some of the deleted scenes mentioned to be on Blu-Ray sound awesome, I just don't see them lifting the movie to another level.

and I'm glad they did nothing with Samson. he's not a character that deserves more than his few minutes anyway. sitting down with Bruce in the previews and going over what we already know, that Bruce doesn't want to be the Hulk, is redundant and completely unnecessary. what could the two of them possibly speak about that add a "wow" factor to the character's development? nothing.

I hope they release some extended cut that's maybe like 20-30 minutes longer or something, and include the extra 40 in deleted scenes on the second disc.

I'm pretty happy with the cut received. I agree it was done so that the film had a more action packed pace than a drawn out story, and quite frankly that's the version I wanted to see in the theatres. all those extra scenes are good for people who will invest their time to appreciate the extra character development, and those people are usually the comic fans like myself. general audiences who just wanna see Hulk tear things apart and not sit patiently between Hulk outs got their version; something that wouldn't remind them of Ang Lee's turtle race. we'll get ours in the Blu-Ray version. I seriously doubt, though, that another 70 minutes will be added to it. I seriously doubt that they'll present an entirely different movie (which 70 minutes would do) from LL's vision. someone please tell me a DC version of a movie that really had that much more to offer than it's theatrical release. every so-called DC I've seen literally added another 10-15 minutes TOPS and they were never additions that gave the story more depth or polish. while some of the deleted scenes mentioned to be on Blu-Ray sound awesome, I just don't see them lifting the movie to another level.

and I'm glad they did nothing with Samson. he's not a character that deserves more than his few minutes anyway. sitting down with Bruce in the previews and going over what we already know, that Bruce doesn't want to be the Hulk, is redundant and completely unnecessary. what could the two of them possibly speak about that add a "wow" factor to the character's development? nothing.

Geez, this is twice today that I'm seeing hate on the old Doc, I didn't know he was so unpopular lol. Actually he's very important not just to this movie, but the whole relationship with Banner, The Hulk & Betty. He helped separate (and unknowingly) create a few of the Hulk incarnations, and he's always been a kind of hated brother to Banner. Not only did he get with his woman, but the gamma radiation did nothing but improve the Doc, unlike it did to most people, namely Banner.

In trying to figure out Bruce's ailment, the Doc also is the one to draw the parallels between Bruce's upbringing and possible mulitple personality disorder, which in turn explains why Bruce can have different sides of the same Hulk persona inhabit his being. Without the Docs help, Bruce would never be as far as he was in understanding his condition. Everything Connelly did in Ang's film to help Bruce, they got from the Doc in the comics! That Mr.Blue correspondence, in the actual comic books, that was Betty Ross, but the Doc helped Bruce survive to find that out baby!
Don't hate the Doc Damnit!

:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"