Anybody read this article regarding Nolan and TDK's sequel?

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Phallic, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Phallic

Phallic Well-Known Member

It seems to point towards Nolan returning. Some quotes stuck out for me.

Well, given the enormous Box Office takings and rave reviews, I'd say that that is not the issue.

I understand that Oldman's word does not confirm that Nolan will return, but I think he knows better than most given that he has worked with Nolan a lot.

Doubtful that will be an issue too, I'm sure WB will any amount of cash at him in order to get him to return after TDK's success.

What do you all think?

Link: http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2008/07/01/will-nolan-do-a-third-batman/

2. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

I think the first snippet of this is taken from the interview with Christopher Nolan from Empire. I believe he goes onto say that the lack of great part threes in cinema history is at once the biggest attraction and biggest cause for reluctance, as relates to him coming back to do another Batfilm.

3. sauronthegreat

sauronthegreat Well-Known Member

Then he should come back, and film three and four back-to-back, and with that he would 'break that one rule'. :hoboj:

After this success and Nolan's reluctance that's the only sensible way to hold him for two more... and we want more!

4. Rishi

Rishi Well-Known Member

i hate back to back movies

do the third and be done with it.

5. Phallic

I want him for more too, but as many more as it takes to complete the story in a good fashion. I don't want him to stretch it farther than it needs to go.

Still, I don't feel the franchise has yet reached a truly satisfying conclusion.

Batman still needs to become the hero again.

6. AlyssaX

AlyssaX Guest

Well no one really thought he'd leave, right? As long as he has the ideas and energy and freshness, there's no reason for him to stop, especially with the critical acclaim and financial success.
    Nolan gets in his Nolan movies (The Prestige) in between the various Batman movies, and could just keep churning them out indefinitely in that rhythm, he's skilled.

7. Phallic

Yes, though eventually I'm sure too many Batman movies would get a bit old.

8. Timstuff

Timstuff Well-Known Member

Three is plenty. A trilogy is the perfect structure for a story:

Part one: introduce characters (Bruce, Alfred, Lucius, Rachel)
    Part two: put characters in bleak situation (Batman [blackout]on the run from police[/blackout], Bruce [blackout]losing Rachel[/blackout])
    Part three: resolution to problems established in part 2

When you do a quadrilogy, it's because you want to milk the franchise until it stops making money. And that is bad.

9. Ledlunar

Ledlunar Well-Known Member

well If Nolan comes back with the right people and a good story he can do it for as long as they want... well if they arnt too old.... back to back movies arnt bad... back to the future 2 and 3 were back to back those were great...... Begins was a bit of a prologue almost anyways with all the flashbacks and all.... the only flashback in TDK was harvey thinkin of rachel catching his coin.... which i might add is a scene I loved.. the way her hand when she flipped the coin was his hand seeing the burnt side... GRRRRRRREAT... hmm if he comes back for one more Id be happy enough 2 more would be cool... dont do too many actually though... I mean what are they going to do Mr Freeze and Clayface and sh1t like that? blahhhhh if Nolan does more I hope he finds a good way to end it when he's done.... Id hate for a X3 to happen to it..... especially since his Batman movies kick Singers X men movies ass.... could you guys imagine if Brett Ratner got his hands on directing 3?.... he's have every one in the movie from Jason Todd & Tim Drake to Man Bat and King Tut.... though they'd all be "re imagined" as girls given roles for having sex with him.... If they did 3 I hope they play around with reese knowing who bruce is a bit... maybe bruce can go to him for help finding out who someone is as batman just have him help him a bit... or not... Catwoman could work considering they established there are fake batmen a female would kindof look like a cat if she never had a cape im sure the media would give her a name as they did to batman... maybe she can be trying to catch batman thinking he killer maroni, whos her estranged father? kindof liek how falcone is in the comic books... Id really like that.... as long as Two Face is still alive too... I just dont want him dead it would be a good way to clear batmans name too in the end for redemtion

10. Darkknight14

Darkknight14 Well-Known Member

I hope he comes back. And part of me wishes that he'd just keep churning out one great batman movie after another, however, he will stop eventually. I don't want him to push further than he wants, because then we get another crap trail off of batman movies. That would be awful.

11. DieSmiling

DieSmiling Can't Be Stopped

I think he's coming back. He's always been coy in interviews about his status for the next movie, but deep down inside I just get the feeling he's always intended to do three movies.

12. Yugo

Yugo Well-Known Member

I've been hearing things. Did a couple of searches and got nothing. Anybody got links saying whether he's gonna do it or not?

13. nickyg641

nickyg641 Mah dogsss are HONGREHHH!

Worry not, friend. He'll do it. He didn't comment on a sequel for a while afte Batman Begins, either.

14. Yugo

Yugo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, a friend of mine keeps saying, "Nolan said he's not doing the third film." I keep asking for a link yet he can't find one or has some other excuse.

15. The Chris

The Chris TDK Trilogy Forever!

Hope he does what he did last time. Make a smaller film after Batman, so that if he does another batman he has the energy and enthusiasm to do it.

16. Shane Diesel

Shane Diesel Well-Known Member

No one knows anything yet. He's said he does one film at a time and doesn't think in terms of sequels after both BB and DK so this isn't a good indicator of whether he's going to come back. What is a good indicator is his love for the character and the carefully crafted story he's created. If I were to bet I would place everything on him coming back.

17. ThePoisonPuppet

ThePoisonPuppet Well-Known Member

At the very least I'll think he'll have a writing credit with his bro.

18. FlawlessVictory

FlawlessVictory Well-Known Member

Agreed. Best thing for him to do right now would be to do another film similar in scope to "The Prestige". Then he can get refreshed, recharged and re-energized to finish out the greatest trilogy in the history of film. :brucebat:

19. mongoose-mania

mongoose-mania Gentleman

I second that notion.

20. Nepenthes

Nepenthes Well-Known Member

how would any of us know?

it may be months even half a year before anyone knows if he's coming back.

21. Charlie The Red

Charlie The Red Well-Known Member

Actually, I do believe it was a year after BB before we ever got official word.

We have a lot of waiting ahead of us. I think it might be best to just forget about the Nolan situation for now and focus on speculating what the next movie will be like.

22. JokerLedger

JokerLedger Well-Known Member

I'm going to stay away from these boards when the DVD hype dies down :)
    There's nothing more to discuss after that point.

23. Batmania

Batmania Well-Known Member

Agreed. These movies take a long time to put together, he's probably a bit exhausted by the whole thing at the mo. It'll be a long wait til the next one but I'd rather he went off for a bit and came back refreshed than rush into a sequel half-heartedly.

24. El Payaso

El Payaso Well-Known Member

Nolan must cvome back. They just have to put a restraint order against Goyer to write any dialogue in the movie again.

25. fabman

fabman Well-Known Member

I hope the Nolans come up with something fresh as they did with The Dark Knight. Hope the **** can they top the new flick?