The Dark Knight Rises Joseph Gordon Levitt in talks for The Dark Knight Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!

If he winds up in TDKR then he might wind up being cast as Dr Hugo Strange perhaps?

I would rather see him be cast as Jimmy Olsen in the next Superman film personally!

Hmm, JGL as Jimmy Olsen. Never even thought of that. I can see that working! He's so young looking, even at nearly 30.

Hmm, JGL as Jimmy Olsen. Never even thought of that. I can see that working! He's so young looking, even at nearly 30.

He's got too much depth as an actor to play a throwaway character like that. Watch "Brick" and "Manic" and you'll see he's much more sinister than most people know (just from watching his mainstream movies).

Posted this in the other thread:

I see him as maybe a young, honest cop on the force who catches on to the fact that Gordon and Bats are in cahoots. Perhaps he was once one of the few cop believers in Bats, and now faces the dilemma of trusting him. His small character arc can tie into themes of choosing what to believe for yourself, and faith.

"Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded." I could see an honest character serving as an outlet for such a theme/plot point.

Or, I could definitely envision him as a young hotshot Assistant DA/someone involved in Gotham's law department, who has Gordon's nuts in a vice over catching Batman. He may not be the highest ranking member of the food chain, but perhaps a young, arrogant prick who thinks he knows everything about Gotham and how to fix it. Of course, he'll get some comeuppance at one point or another, either at the hands of a terrifying Batman, or a villain.

I was one who wanted him in as Riddler!,But yeah I agree on the type of characters that you mentioned.

He's got too much depth as an actor to play a throwaway character like that. Watch "Brick" and "Manic" and you'll see he's much more sinister than most people know (just from watching his mainstream movies).

Didn't say he wasn't :huh:

I don't think Jimmy is a throwaway character. He's pretty underrated actually. I like Michael Landes' take on the character, unfortunately he only lasted one season on Lois and Clark and replaced with a subpar (IMO) more tween friendly actor.

I think he would be a bigger role than Jimmy Olsen.

Levitt will probably be some random character of encouragement

Bruce wayne is looking at a heroic video clips of Batman on a sidewalk billboard.

Levitt walks up to Bruce and says
"you know what..maybe one person CAN make a difference." smiles and walks away, never to be seen again.

Bruce wayne is looking at a heroic video clips of Batman on a sidewalk billboard.

"you know what..maybe one person CAN make a difference." smiles and walks away, never to be seen again.

No cheesy Fox/Marvel/Raimi/Sam Lee crap in these Batman films, please...

I love the Raimi films but this had me rolling. :lmao:

Geez I'm still laughing. :funny:

whats wrong with the stan lee camoes antsman ?

yes they are cheesy but the man deserves his 15secs of fame :D

He should get a cameo for every superhero in the Avengers movie. Stan Lee clones spouting corny lines out the wazoo! Excelsior!

It was awesome, when he was in Mallrats or the first Spidey or X-Men.

But, after that it was dumb. Especially in Iron-Man's because he was playing other famous people, grr...

If we could have any nods in these films it should be;

BATMAN created by
Bill Finger
&
Bob Kane

Or; Moench Avenue, Aparo Drive, O'Neil River, etc...​

My gut is going with Alberto Falcone on this one. In both Batman films, we had the mob villain (Carmine and Salvatore) the constant villain (Scarecrow and Joker) the villain at the end (Ra's and Harvey) and the cameo villain (Mr. Zasz and Scarecrow in TDK).

I'm much more willing to believe that JGL would be taking up the reins as this film's "mob villain" and play Alberto Falcone, or even the unlikely chance of Roman Sionis (unlikely imo).

...Of course, being the fanboy that I am, I would just *** in my pants if he wound up being the Joker. But alas, I'm putting my money on the mob. You can always trust the mob, right?

Yeah, I don't know if I'd call Jimmy Olsen a throwaway character lol, but I believe Levitt has too much calibre (already) to be given a limited role like that.

No cheesy Fox/Marvel/Raimi/Sam Lee crap in these Batman films, please...

Wait...who's Sam Lee?!

He should get a cameo for every superhero in the Avengers movie. Stan Lee clones spouting corny lines out the wazoo! Excelsior!

Amen to that :D

It was awesome, when he was in Mallrats or the first Spidey or X-Men.

But, after that it was dumb. Especially in Iron-Man's because he was playing other famous people, grr...

BATMAN created by
Bill Finger
&
Bob Kane

Or; Moench Avenue, Aparo Drive, O'Neil River, etc...​

Okay now you're just contradicting yourself, no one said we want Stan Lee in a Batman movie! And there's nothing wrong with his cameos in films of characters he created, in fact I want to see him whenever there's a Marvel film. In TDK, we instead had an old Bat-FAN reminding the Joker who's daddy. It's cool, I guess, but not as cool as seeing the creator! Wonder if Loeb or Miller will be interested? Nah, not happening.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that if JGL is playing a character from the comics and not a Nolan original, then Alberto Falcone makes the most sense. One of the reasons I wanted Roman Sionis way back when was because he creates a bridge between traditional mobsters and the 'freaks,' as he essentially both those things.

Alberto Falcone is also both those things. The way he chooses to distinguish himself is to become a 'freak' serial killer named Holiday. I don't expect Nolan to use the Holiday angle if Alberto is in this, but maybe he is actually the one responsible for Bane coming to Gotham, for instance, essentially establishing the freaks as the new criminal order from behind the scenes?

The more I think about it, the more I feel that if JGL is playing a character from the comics and not a Nolan original, then Alberto Falcone makes the most sense. One of the reasons I wanted Roman Sionis way back when was because he creates a bridge between traditional mobsters and the 'freaks,' as he essentially both those things.

Alberto Falcone is also both those things. The way he chooses to distinguish himself is to become a 'freak' serial killer named Holiday. I don't expect Nolan to use the Holiday angle if Alberto is in this, but maybe he is actually the one responsible for Bane coming to Gotham, for instance, essentially establishing the freaks as the new criminal order from behind the scenes?

I definitely like that idea. Alberto comes to Gotham to try and fill the vacuum created by the incarceration of his father and the Joker/Harvey's wiping out of Maroni's men, and decides to bring in Bane to help him get rid of Batman.

Alberto Falcone is the first character that came to mind when it was announced JGL was in talks. I reckon that's who he may very well end up playing.

Btw, looks like you've got your wish Miranda regarding JGL being in TDKR. I myself am pretty excited too. I was pretty stoked when two of my favourite up and coming actors wound up being cast in a Nolan film (Inception), imagine how I feel now knowing that the chances of them both being in a Nolan 'Batman movie' is pretty much set to become a reality now. :woot:

Alberto Falcone is the first character that came to mind when it was announced JGL was in talks. I reckon that's who he may very well end up playing.

Btw, looks like you've got your wish Miranda regarding JGL being in TDKR. I myself am pretty excited too. I was pretty stoked when two of my favourite up and coming actors wound up being cast in a Nolan film (Inception), imagine how I feel now knowing that the chances of them both being in a Nolan 'Batman movie' is pretty much set to become a reality now. :woot:

I know how you feel man. I was ecstatic yesterday. :woot:

I definitely like that idea. Alberto comes to Gotham to try and fill the vacuum created by the incarceration of his father and the Joker/Harvey's wiping out of Maroni's men, and decides to bring in Bane to help him get rid of Batman.
:up:

I also dig the idea of a Nolan original character, especially if it is the young cop who looks up to Gordon and uncovers what happened with Dent. So many possibilities.

BATMAN created by
Bill Finger
&
Bob Kane
It's illegal to put that on any official Batman production. Otherwise, someone would have done it by now. It can only say Batman was created by Bob Kane.

And credit Bob Kane they do. They even had his wife in cameo roles in all the previous films, all except Batman where Kane's signature made an appearance. Yes Stan, that's how DC does it.

JGL is Roman.

And...

You can run & tell that
Homeboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"