The Dark Knight Rises Joseph Gordon Levitt in talks for The Dark Knight Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wasn't LISTED as Killer Croc, he was WRITTEN as Killer Croc.

But I guess all of us black people look the same to you.

If he wasn't LISTED as Killer Croc, he was WRITTEN as Waylon Jones.

But Im the one being an idiot and suggesting he thinks black people all look alike, even though he showed a very convincing picture.

fixed

I know im talking about the cameo roles in both movies and I just said "well I still think Tommy 'Tiny' Lister was Killer Croc". Have you seen Tommy Lister role in TDK? he was built to be a Killer Croc. :huh:

I think I can since his title role was "tattoo prisoner".

Wouldn't that make him THE TATTOOED MAN? Forget it, I thought that bald guy in the Bhutanese prison was Ubu, Reese was the Riddler, Engels the Creeper, and that goon who Harvey interrogates was the Hatter... but you guys are so much better in this :waa:

Why do so many people want to see Alberto as a mob boss when the strength of the character came from him being the complete opposite of a mobster? Nolan didn't include Bullock and Montoya in The Dark Knight because simply putting their names on Stephens and Ramirez would have done a disservice to their characters.

Alberto, in the source material, is a serial killer. Nolan wouldn't just whitewash that when he has shown so much respect for the comics in the past.

BB: Ra's, Scarecrow, Carmine
TDK: Joker, Two-Face, Maroni
TDKR: Bane, Catwoman, Alberto

it works. though seeing as this is the final part,i wouldnt be surprised if there was another villain involved in TDKR.

incidentally,has anyone noticed theres only been one origin story so far in the series? extremely unusual for batman,dont you think? (in the original quadrilogy,the joker,catwoman,the penguin,the riddler,bane and poison ivy all had their origins shown in real time,and two-face and mr. freeze had theirs shown on recorded footage).

Okay then. Joseph Gordon Levitt looks like Heath Ledger. Therefore, tHe is the Joker, regardless as to what role he is actually cast in.

Okay then. Joseph Gordon Levitt looks like Heath Ledger. Therefore, tHe is the Joker, regardless as to what role he is actually cast in.

... :facepalm:
ok im out, clearly you dont get what im getting at.

Just making something clear- I didn't write that article. I just came across it online.

:up:

Wilfred-1.jpg

i had to

:funny:

yep, but like I said, I always thought he was Killer Croc even though it wasnt listed him as Croc.

see

killercroc.jpg

008tdktommytinylister00.jpg

But I guess im derailing the thread, lets go back talking about JGL.

Ah... okay... but that's not classic Killer is it? It's from that Azzarello OGN where he reinterpreted the characters. In fact, the Joker's got his TDK Glasgow grin in there, but DC's gone on record to say that it was a bizarre coincidence. Despite the fact that both stories were written around the same time, Azzarello and Nolan didn't have access to each others' work. At least that's the official consensus. So unless Nolan's Jungian theories about the collective unconscious is right, and he does have that idea-stealing device, I'm gonna go ahead and say this isn't the case. But it's still a very good comparison, and it's really fun to do this as Bat-Fans :D :up:

Alberto Falcone doesn't need to be a serial killer. On paper, Alberto is "The Good Son" of the Falcone family, ala Michael Corleone in the first "Godfather". Pretty much everyone tries to keep him out of the family business, but he's desperate to prove himself. Alberto should be the first mob boss to utilize the "Freaks" as members of the regular mob.

"Gotham City has changed. It doesn't want your kind anymore. Now, look at me. I'm bigger than all of you put together. I am HOLIDAY!"

Seriously though, it was hinted in the last film that Joker's actions had opened the floodgates. Now, according to Joker, more crazies would begin appearing.
The problem is that none of the characters show that.
Bane is not a freak, Catwoman is not a freak. So, to have a mob boss as the third villain would really show that Joker's actions counted for naught.
Don't you think the third villain should be a freak? Like Hatter or Hugo Strange? To show Joker's influence on the city a bit more?

A mob boss role would be a waste of Levitt's talents. I would relish the chance to see him play a truly unhinged character like Hugo Strange or Jervis Tetch. Mob boss characters aren't deep, they aren't new or exciting, they look and sound very dull compared to bombastic personalities like Two-Face and The Joker. It's the last movie, why waste time with more petty gangsters?

Levitt could be playing a younger version of Frank Pettit, a militant cop who went nuts during No Mans Land. I always liked the character and wouldn't mind seeing him return as an overzealous member of the Batman taskforce.

Alberto Falcone doesn't need to be a serial killer. On paper, Alberto is "The Good Son" of the Falcone family, ala Michael Corleone in the first "Godfather". Pretty much everyone tries to keep him out of the family business, but he's desperate to prove himself. Alberto should be the first mob boss to utilize the "Freaks" as members of the regular mob.

"Gotham City has changed. It doesn't want your kind anymore. Now, look at me. I'm bigger than all of you put together. I am HOLIDAY!"

Yeah, but the best part of the character was that he was the lone serial killer. Maybe I'm too attached to the source material, but Alberto Falcone worked brilliantly when he was Holiday. This unseen lunatic lurking in the Gotham underworld. The fact that he was doing it all because Alberto never remembered his birthday was terrific. But no one would ever listen to that loser, no mobsters would ever follow his orders. He's a nothing, a nobody, a snivelling child. And that is what made the character so great. It was a real emotional high to see Batman finally beat the crap out of the Holiday Killer. It wouldn't have meant as much if Alberto had a whole army of lackeys to help him.

Last edited:
Why do so many people want to see Alberto as a mob boss when the strength of the character came from him being the complete opposite of a mobster? Nolan didn't include Bullock and Montoya in The Dark Knight because simply putting their names on Stephens and Ramirez would have done a disservice to their characters.

Alberto, in the source material, is a serial killer. Nolan wouldn't just whitewash that when he has shown so much respect for the comics in the past.

True about Stephens and Ramirez, but I think what makes Alberto such a strong POSSIBILITY is that he was both a member of the Falcone crime family and a self-confessed 'freak'. If they do go with Selina as Falcone's illegitimate daughter, then the very ironic theme of the mob's last generation becoming freaks is too good to pass up. It's downright chilling to the bone. The same can be said if JG-L plays Black Mask, but I like the Alberto suggestion because it gives him a direct link to the mob. Black Mask, on the other hand, took it over. What's interesting is that if JG-L is cast as a villain, he'd make an interesting mini-boss for Catwoman.

cue twirling rooms.

incidentally,has anyone noticed theres only been one origin story so far in the series? extremely unusual for batman,dont you think? (in the original quadrilogy,the joker,catwoman,the penguin,the riddler,bane and poison ivy all had their origins shown in real time,and two-face and mr. freeze had theirs shown on recorded footage).

Not really. We've seen Two-Face's "origin story", the Joker's "rise", Gordon's "origin", etc. This entire series is one big extended origin story anyway. I'm thinking we're going to see Bane this time around. Also, while it's been left to interpretation, but I'd like to think that Batman's actions resulted in Ra's going from "subtle weapons like Economics" to full-out terrorist attack (kinda stretched, but sorta like an origin story. The LoS worked subtly before, as ninjas; after the Batman came to be they were more visible). And the Scarecrow seemed more and more deranged as he encountered Batman - also going from crazy psychiatrist running a mad-house working for an international terrorist group, to being a damned super-villain on a horse. But like I said, that's stretching it.

Also... I can't seriously look back at the old Batman movies and say that they belonged in the same series. Batman and Batman Returns is it's own universe, both in terms of themes, narrations, style etc. Forever and B&R were tributes to the old 60s Batman show. Tim Burton specifically went on record to make sure he was doing the opposite of that (to deliver a superhero movie that people wouldn't laugh at). Schumacher, on the other hand, was like me: he thought that the show in the 60s actually took itself seriously. It didn't Joel, we were both wrong :(.

Seriously though, it was hinted in the last film that Joker's actions had opened the floodgates. Now, according to Joker, more crazies would begin appearing.
The problem is that none of the characters show that.
Bane is not a freak, Catwoman is not a freak. So, to have a mob boss as the third villain would really show that Joker's actions counted for naught.
Don't you think the third villain should be a freak? Like Hatter or Hugo Strange? To show Joker's influence on the city a bit more?

A mob boss role would be a waste of Levitt's talents. I would relish the chance to see him play a truly unhinged character like Hugo Strange or Jervis Tetch. Mob boss characters aren't deep, they aren't new or exciting, they look and sound very dull compared to bombastic personalities like Two-Face and The Joker. It's the last movie, why waste time with more petty gangsters?

Levitt could be playing a younger version of Frank Pettit, a militant cop who went nuts during No Mans Land. I always liked the character and wouldn't mind seeing him return as an overzealous member of the Batman taskforce.

A significant amount of time will be spent on setting up Catwoman. Bane will get his time. We need a third character that does not involve much of a set up. Those characters you mentioned require some time, more time than just an Alberto Falcone appearing, as his last name already sets up who he is.

oddly, i didnt even think of jean paul valley....hmmm.

A significant amount of time will be spent on setting up Catwoman. Bane will get his time. We need a third character that does not involve much of a set up. Those characters you mentioned require some time, more time than just an Alberto Falcone appearing, as his last name already sets up who he is.

How does Hatter require a big set up? He's a freak in an elaborate costume. He's a schizophrenic. He's a sexual deviant with a thing for hats. People would be able to tell that this guy was crazy very, very quickly and that's the thing that matters.

Hugo Strange does require some build up, I'll admit that. But I maintain that he shouldn't be a villain if he appears, but a Mayor's aide. Slowly poisoning his bosses mind. Just to have the character there would be exciting.

Having them just appear wouldn't be too difficult. Now, Azrael, that's a different matter completely. His back story is so mind numbingly stupid, his presence in Knightfall so unnecessary that I cannot imagine how Nolan can include him. He's an awful character and it still bugs me that they completely ignored Dick Grayson and gave the Batman mantle to this new guy who no one ever gave a **** about.

You know, I'm really curious to know where the interpentation of The Mad Hatter as a pedophile comes from. Can anyone point me to a story which portrays him in such light?

I never thought of Tiny as Croc but thats interesting.

Hmm.....

What about JGL as Detective or Private Investigator Jason Bard? :word:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back