The Dark Knight Rises Joseph Gordon Levitt in talks for The Dark Knight Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!

If he winds up in TDKR then he might wind up being cast as Dr Hugo Strange perhaps?

I would rather see him be cast as Jimmy Olsen in the next Superman film personally!

When Nolan gets done with casting there won't be anyone left for Superman except Cavill. :awesome:

Wow!

If he winds up in TDKR then he might wind up being cast as Dr Hugo Strange perhaps?

I would rather see him be cast as Jimmy Olsen in the next Superman film personally!

I could actually see that. Hmmm i kinda want him as Edward Nashton, but if Strange is in, that would be great!

He looks too young to be a supervillain, Im guessing a cop or someone in Gordons MCU that keeps snooping around Batman/Gordon's business.

Dark Knight: Holy crap, I can see him being a pretty great Jimmy Olsen as well! :wow:

Really no idea who he could play. Been seeing a lot of people mention Dick Grayson on other sites, but I highly doubt Nolan will put him in this movie. I think it's awesome he'll be in the movie, really enjoyed him in Inception. :woot:

Don't think it'll be anyone popularly known. Probably a Wayne Enterprises Exec. or something of that ilk.

I'm gonna make a guess and say he's not playing a villain.

Either a new detective or the new District Attorney.

This would be excellent, I have no idea who he would play though. I'm intrigued :up:

Alberto Falcone

I'm going to be so f'n stoked if my boy JGL is in this!!! :up:

I know movie tricks can pull Tom Hardy off as Bane. JGL just looks way too young for Hugo Strange!!

Could this be a made up character Jett was suggesting? or someone from Gordon's unit chasing Batman?

I so want him to be a certain guy in green, but Nolan has already ruled out the Riddler.

Alberto Falcone

I'm going to be so f'n stoked if my boy JGL is in this!!! :up:

That could be very interesting. And he really has the look. The only thing is, in terms of characterization (and even visual look to an extent) Nolan really flip/flopped Falcone and Maroni in his movies. Maroni seemed much more like the comic Falcone, and Falcone was much more like the comic Maroni.

Posted this in the other thread:

I see him as maybe a young, honest cop on the force who catches on to the fact that Gordon and Bats are in cahoots. Perhaps he was once one of the few cop believers in Bats, and now faces the dilemma of trusting him. His small character arc can tie into themes of choosing what to believe for yourself, and faith.

"Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded." I could see an honest character serving as an outlet for such a theme/plot point.

Or, I could definitely envision him as a young hotshot Assistant DA/someone involved in Gotham's law department, who has Gordon's nuts in a vice over catching Batman. He may not be the highest ranking member of the food chain, but perhaps a young, arrogant prick who thinks he knows everything about Gotham and how to fix it. Of course, he'll get some comeuppance at one point or another, either at the hands of a terrifying Batman, or a villain.

Jeez I wonder who he'll play. This cast is stacked

I know there's no chance in hell of it happening, but I always thought JGL could pull off the Joker if Nolan wanted to bring the character back. (Don't flame! I know it ain't happening!)

JGL does bear a striking resemblance to Heath (also, they were friends and starred together in 10 Things I Hate About You) and underneath that makeup, they'd be indistinguishable.

Him playing an honest cop sounds good to me. :D

Very interesting...the only logical guess is he is someone in the Gotham PD...I doubt he will be Hugo Strange. Nolan has always surprised us with his casting, what if they planned to make him "Black Mask" the new leader of the mob.

I'm so pumped! The news definitely calls for this:
[YT]E8NBdN80B_I[/YT]

It'd be balls to the wall awesome if his character was in fact just that, an honest cop.

But, since Bane is in it, I could see the "Man who broke the bat" storyline happening, Bane beating Batman, and Gordon's character carrying on his legacy. Without, of course, ever finding out who Batman really is.

Our cast up to this point. Bask in its glory.

Christian Bale
Michael Caine
Gary Oldman
Morgan Freeman
Ann Hathaway
Tom Hardy
Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"