Anyone else concerned that TIH is taking place in NYC?

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
O.K we got Spiderman, FF4, Daredevil, X Men in upstate NY, and possibly Iron Man. The only Marvel hero not associated with NYC is Blade and Elektra (her solo movie) thus far. What's the deal with having all of Marvesl heroes in one ****ing city? I know NY is crime ridden, but damn!

Now we know TIH will take place in NY; i've alway considered Hulk a more of a west coast kinda hero myself ( Utah, Colorado,etc) and if it's a big city the producers are looking for there's always LA, or New Mexico. I know Banner is on the run, and maybe he ends up in NY for a very good reason but, NY is such a close nit city, and for the sake of believablity if Hulk/Abomination showed up there, all or most of the other Marvel heroes that i listed above would be there to stop the chaos; that's in a comic book fantasy type scenerio.

Now realistically, why the hell do we need yet another Marvel hero stomping and romping in New York City?

Iron Man is taking place in L.A. I don't think the Hulk will be confined to NYC ala' Spiderman & DareDevil but rather after a long chase of some sorts, the Hulk & Abomination end up in NYC. I'd be fine with SF, Chicago, L.A., Philly, Boston and a bunch of other cities as well, but when the fight begins I want it in the heart of a metro area not the middle of nowhere.

You know, even in the comics I always thought "Why NYC?" I mean seriously, so many cities out there, yet somehow everyone with super powers ends up in the big apple. You'd think there would be like at least one Mutant suburbanite, or someone living in a rural area... but no, only NYC.

I agree with what you guys are saying. If I had to guess as to why NY is always chosen, I would assume it's because it's Marvel's headquarters. Not to mention the fact that Big Stan is quite proud of New York.

they should stick with San Fran

I agree with what you guys are saying. If I had to guess as to why NY is always chosen, I would assume it's because it's Marvel's headquarters. Not to mention the fact that Big Stan is quite proud of New York.

Plus, y'know it's New York. We're awesome here. :o

I think its just mainly because of the size of the city and the crime and the variances throughout that the Marvel heroes are mainly there...

It's all on different levels though. Spiderman is taking on bank robbers and lower-level supervillians, as well as DD etc. HULK is on the next level like Superman where they don't have to be so centralized, they're big, powerful entities that can easily travel long distances. HULK would be saving the entire city, not just a bank or financial sector or whatever...

Starting out in South America, that's a good bit of traveling! Should make it more interesting...

I'm not, hopefully we get some " Ultimate Destruction!":hulk:

I always liked that the vast majority of Marvel's characters live in and around NYC. I am biased because I myself live near NYC, but I also like that most of marvel's characters can cross over into other titles very easily because they all live in the same city.

And Westchester is definitely not upstate New York. I live not very far from the city on long island and I have many friends in Westchester who live closer to it than i do, just north of it rather than east.

Westchester is NOT upstate New York. What a slap in the face. It's the suburbs of New York City, it borders the freakin' Bronx. ;)

Ah. I could have swore Xavier said Upstate NY in one of the X films..but thanks for the correction.

O.K we got Spiderman, FF4, Daredevil, X Men in upstate NY, and possibly Iron Man. The only Marvel hero not associated with NYC is Blade and Elektra (her solo movie) thus far. What's the deal with having all of Marvesl heroes in one ****ing city? I know NY is crime ridden, but damn!

Now we know TIH will take place in NY; i've alway considered Hulk a more of a west coast kinda hero myself ( Utah, Colorado,etc) and if it's a big city the producers are looking for there's always LA, or New Mexico. I know Banner is on the run, and maybe he ends up in NY for a very good reason but, NY is such a close nit city, and for the sake of believablity if Hulk/Abomination showed up there, all or most of the other Marvel heroes that i listed above would be there to stop the chaos; that's in a comic book fantasy type scenerio.

Now realistically, why the hell do we need yet another Marvel hero stomping and romping in New York City?
Because its the city that never sleeps! Besides stop drinking Hatorade and dissin New York City. He is not a surfer Hulk from LA and they already did one in gay San Francisco. So sit back and enjoy the show, dude. Its up to you New York, New York!

Because its the city that never sleeps! Besides stop drinking Hatorade and dissin New York City. He is not a surfer Hulk from LA and they already did one in gay San Francisco. So sit back and enjoy the show, dude. Its up to you New York, New York!

Haterade my ass, i used to live in NY!:cmad:

It just seems that NY seems to be the superhero, big monster, natural catastrophy city of the world. Godzilla sopposedly swam thousands of miles to nest up there because it's an island like no other :whatever: (according to Matthew Brodericks character)...didn't make a hint of sense. Thank god Transformers is in LA. It's getting a little stale now.

Haterade my ass, i used to live in NY!:cmad:

It just seems that NY seems to be the superhero, big monster, natural catastrophy city of the world. Godzilla sopposedly swam thousands of miles to nest up there because it's an island like no other :whatever: (according to Matthew Brodericks character)...didn't make a hint of sense. Thank god Transformers is in LA. It's getting a little stale now.

Isn't it just so ironic everyone with mastery over super powers, giant freaks of nature, and even alien robots end up in huge cities first?

Isn't it just so ironic everyone with mastery over super powers, giant freaks of nature, and even alien robots end up in huge cities first?
Ah ha. Too ironic.

Yeah i really wouldnt mind them being no in new york.

Midwest needs some heroes man.

NY is such a close nit city, and for the sake of believablity if Hulk/Abomination showed up there, all or most of the other Marvel heroes that i listed above would be there to stop the chaos; that's in a comic book fantasy type scenerio.

Just wait for the Avengers movie...:cwink:

O.K we got Spiderman, FF4, Daredevil, X Men in upstate NY, and possibly Iron Man. The only Marvel hero not associated with NYC is Blade and Elektra (her solo movie) thus far.
Ghost Rider isn't in New York City.:p:ghost:

I don't really care what city it's set in as long as it's good and there are big buldings for Hulk and Abomination to smash each other through:woot:

You know, even in the comics I always thought "Why NYC?" I mean seriously, so many cities out there, yet somehow everyone with super powers ends up in the big apple. You'd think there would be like at least one Mutant suburbanite, or someone living in a rural area... but no, only NYC.

As jadejaws said Marvels headquaters is in New York which is why in the Comics Most of the Characters are based there.

Yeah I dont want this movie to be in New York, I liked it in California better. I want to see Hulk in the desert or some suburban area rather then NYC but thats just me, if it had to be in a city make in in LA or San Fransico.

BTW, most marvel movies are set up in NYC but I think the movies have established that they all have their own universe unlike in the comics

I totally agree with you guys. Why do they always center everything around New York City, I have visited there about 10 times in my life and it isn't all that special of a place considering there are other nice big cities too. I quite frankly don't even like New York. Why in the world would Bruce Banner even be in New York if he is on the run? That is a big populated area and there are ALOT of cameras and such. Bruce Banner is to smart to be that stupid to enter one of the major cities in the United States and not expect to be seen by someone.

Go play the PlayStation game Hulk Ultimate Destruction and then get back to me on what makes the coolest Hulk rampage -- the desert or the big city. :cwink:

NYC should have been the first choice, not San Fran, I don't care where it takes place in the comics. The abandonded military base breakout works, but Hulk should have ended up in a city with far more mass destruction potential.

Earthquakes do San Francisco, the Hulk does Manhattan! :hyper:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"