Hyperion

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
I really know little about the character but from what I have read in Exiles, he is a super powerful guy, having defeated his reality's Thor (again proving himself to be less powerful than I thought), Hulk and Galactus, as well as all it's other heroes.

When did Marvel become DC with all these God like heroes and villains walking around the place? I don't mind so much as long as they all dont get like it.... is he a hero or villain in 616? and what's his 'regular U' power levels?

Hyperion, as far as i know, is a hero in the 616 universe, he is part of the squadron supreme, a team of heroes abit like the justice league.

He is basically Superman, having all of his powers, Heat Vision, Invulnerability, Flight etc. He is also from another planet but one that is said to be located in the milky way galaxy.

Oh and his name is Mark Milton or Zhib-Ran, heres some more information;

There are Two or three incarnation of 'Hyperion' which are supervillains.

Thanks man....

I thought Sentry was marvel's superman...but never hurts to have two ultra powered heroes for Marve vs DC 2 :D

Hyperion debuted in the early 70's and I think just started beung used again in the last couple of years I could be wrong

The Squadron Supreme is a different universe than the Marvel Universe.

In the current incarnation on the Squadron Hyperion is a good guy but it's been hinted at that he may turn bad. Give the series a shot. Written by J. Michael Straz and drawn by Gary Frank.

he isnt in 616,hes in the supremeverse which apprently will crossover with the ultimate U in a year or so.Its pretty much the same as the ultimate U but a little less advanced and a bit darker,hyperion can beat all his similar characters,hes a killer and at times a mad man.I will say he could beat the hulk BUT he can also beat supes so that doesnt make me as angry to say.Hes awesome,you should read supreme power,hyperion or not its one of the best books on the shelves,also his mini is pretty good.

well, hold on a sec, ang. There IS a Hyperion in the 616, and he's a villain with the Squadron Sinister. There's Another Hyperion from an alternate Universe who was the leader of the Squadron Supreme who have come to the 616 many times. Then there's the newest one who's in his own universe, and THAT one is the darker one who will be crossing over with the ultimates

then there's also the one in Exiles

God, this is probably more confusing to a new reader than Cable

ahhh,I see now,I assumed he ment the current one in SP.

That's who I thought he was referring to as well.

Whoa, Elijya, I've been reading comics for 15 years and that even confused the heck out of me.

That's almost on par with all the Infinite Earths in DC. :o

And people say the DCU has a confusing Multiverse. They obviously haven't checked anything out from Marvel outside of Spider-Man or something.

no, I'd say DCs is more complex

people simplify Crisis saying "oph, there heroes were all on different worlds and they just wanted them to be on the same world." No, it was much more complicated then that.

When you have the Flash team up with the JSA, that's one thing, because it was firmly established they were in a different reality. Where things REALLY got messed up, and the need for the Crisis, came from this:

Say in a Superman story the writer has him go to Atlantis. Then, in an Aquaman story, HE visits Atlantis too. Except this Atlantis isn't anything like the one Superman went to. Now, that's fine if you establish that Superman and Aquaman aren't on the same world. Except then Superman and Aquaman meet and have team ups. So that means they're on the same world. So then how can there be two completely different Atlantises?

THAT'S why DC is more f'ed up than Marvel

Except for the fact that that problem isn't really there anymore now is it? Hasn't existed for going on 30 some odd years. Since then the whole multiple universes for the DCU has been streamlined a bit and is far less confusing than it had been.

But looking at the MU's idea of the Multiverse, it's not much better than DC's current useage of multiple Earths and timelines. I mean, Cable? the current Marvel Girl? The many versions of the Squadron, the X-Men, MC2, the 2099 universe and 2099 Marvel Knights universe? Come now. It might not be as f**ked as the old school DCU, but it's up there.

Meh, I dunno. I've only been collecting comics for about five months, and I was easily up on all the Marvel alternate-universes things in a month or so of slight disenterest. I wasn't intently studying or anything.

It's not that difficult to understand when someone is from one universe or another.

I've always found it to be rather simple myself, but a lot of people have trouble with the concept of a multiverse. Never really understood why.

yeah, especially since, like, every fictional story of any kind, whether it be in a book, movie, comic, game, or whatever, is an alternate universe

but I get that they don't get it. It's sci-fi. An amazing number of people just don't respond to science fiction

Horrorfan said:
I really know little about the character but from what I have read in Exiles, he is a super powerful guy, having defeated his reality's Thor (again proving himself to be less powerful than I thought), Hulk and Galactus, as well as all it's other heroes.

When did Marvel become DC with all these God like heroes and villains walking around the place? I don't mind so much as long as they all dont get like it.... is he a hero or villain in 616? and what's his 'regular U' power levels?
There are two points to that which may be of some consolation to you:

1) The Exiles Hyperion grew to be far more powerful than pretty much any other reality's Hyperion. When he joined Weapon X, he killed the likes of other realities' Hulks and Namors with ease. In the end, it took two other Hyperions from different realities to finally defeat him.

2) Whenever the original Squadron Supreme's Hyperion came to the 616 reality, Thor kicked his ass up, down, and sideways.

Also, Marvel's always had powerful characters, starting way back in the '60s with the Hulk and Thor. They've also got Gladiator, Hercules, the Silver Surfer, Quasar, Captain Marvel, etc. Godlike heroes and villains have always been a part of Marvel's universe, they were probably just relegated to a section of them that you weren't too familiar with before.

And Thor's beaten Gladiator, which Horrorfan could count as another consolation, I suppose.

The Hyperion (Zhib-Ran) that is currently seen in Thunderbolts is from the Microverse that was destroyed when Genis-Vell and Sentry fought.

He is a good guy but because his universe was destroyed he is planning to take control of the 616 world.

I wonder how he ended up with identical powers to the original Hype. Maybe the Grandmaster played a role in it.

Wait wait wait, back the hell up... Supreme power is crossing over with the Ultimates?

Great. Just what the Ultimate universe needs; Another Nighthawk.

The Ultimate U doesnt have Nighthawk yet, They have Hawk-Owl though.

supermarvelman said:
which Hyperion are you talking about
The current one in Thunderbolts. He seems to be identical to the original, Gruenwald Hyperion. Is he just an alternate reality Hyperion from the Microverse, basically, or did the Grandmaster have a hand in making him more like the Gruenwald Hyperion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"