Hyperion

No he is an alternate reality Hyperion

The real deal.

Just recently in the newest Marvel Handbook, this Hyperion has been used before in 616 continuity.

Okay, so he was always the Microverse's counterpart to Hyperion?

supermarvelman said:
The Ultimate U doesnt have Nighthawk yet, They have Hawk-Owl though.

There was a Nighthawk in the Ultimate defenders...

Except he was lame. (On purpose, yeah, but still very lame.)

Anubis said:
Except he was lame. (On purpose, yeah, but still very lame.)

That was funny though when he botched up. He really did, to paraphase supermarvelman, get '****ed up'. I felt incredibly bad for laughing but it was funny.

So if I am a n00b to good regular verse Hyperion, are there any good recent-ish (90s plus) trades I should pick up?

Why recent? The best way to get acquainted with the Gruenwald Hyperion is to read the trade of the 1985 Squadron Supreme series. If you really have to get stuff from the '90s and later, though, there's the crossover they had with the Avengers in Avengers vol. 3 #5-6 and Avengers/Squadron Supreme Annual '98, the Squadron Supreme: New World Order one-shot from 1998, and their recent appearance in Exiles #77-78.

which reminds me, Gruenwald's ashes were in the ink for the original TPB. I certainly hope that's what he wanted to happen...

That's cool but a little creepy. I don't think mine's from the original print run, though.

rigel7soldiers said:
which reminds me, Gruenwald's ashes were in the ink for the original TPB. I certainly hope that's what he wanted to happen...
Yeah, it really was. It was his wife's choice to put it in the Squad TPB though.

The darker Supreme Power universe Hyperion is by FAR the most interesting rendition of the Character. Any one who doesn't have the Supreme Power colection should get it. Its JLA meets the Watchmen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"