The Amazing Spider-Man Anyone hate the shoes?

Did they?
Source?

Well first, it's pretty common knowledge, and I don't know why people still comment that it isn't.

Second, while I can't find Jon Favreau's interview on him being inspired by Batman Begins at the moment, I'll still look around...but here's Vaughn's:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/james-bond/17507/matthew-vaughn-interview-x-men-first-class-thor-hollywood-james-bond-take-that-and-more

And I was very inspired by what Nolan did with Batman Begins. I'm a big Burton fan, but you see what happened. The first two Burton Batmans were great, but then Schumacher took over and you were just like, "What the **** is going on?" And they kept making them, and they were getting camper.

And I really enjoyed Batman Begins more than I thought I would when I saw it, especially the first half more than the second half. And I just thought, "Why not try and do the same thing, of putting a realism, and making the characters and the genre of X-Men relevant to a modern-day audience?"

I dont think comic book films took themselves very seriously/were taken seriously whatsoever pre-BB.

There might not be a lot of direct influence on the MCU but these films have definitely taken a more meaningful and earnest approach since 2005.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"