The Amazing Spider-Man Anyone hate the shoes?

OP84CC82

Civilian
Reaction score
I've heard some people complain about the new costume a lot before the movie came out, saying that it looks too expensive as an excuse to say that the original costume is better and that the "slippers" are a dumb idea. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't see how the new suit looks too expensive. I think it looks great, aesthetics wise (I'm not fond of the patterns and the fact that the webs don't look like how I'd imagine a stylized web looking like) and the shoes are part of that concept. I can't imagine a guy being fine walking around with just a sock on considering the damage that'd occur on the costume and the fact that the person would have sores and scabs everywhere from injury. I don't know what they used for the Raimi costumes, but I did not know what the hell it was supposed to be and how a kid could get it. Anyone else like the idea of Peter taking apart a shoe and somehow attaching it to his costume?

I like it. It makes him look more agile, to me. It had to be different as well.

(edit: re: the costume as a whole)

To be honest I didn't mind them. I loved the costume that they used. And it's not like I stared at his feet the entire time. I didn't even notice.

Really didn't warm to ANY of the costume changes but Webb shot the movie so darkly, you could barely make them out anyway... Sort of makes you wonder why they bothered.
:hehe:

Spider-Man has one of the most iconic costumes in all of comics, and while I realise they had to alter it a little to separate themselves from Raimi's films, I think those alterations were at best pointless and at worst, just flat-out uglyl.

Spider-Man has one of the most iconic costumes in all of comics, and while I realise they had to alter it a little to separate themselves from Raimi's films, I think those alterations were at best pointless and at worst, just flat-out uglyl.
Can you elaborate on what changes you didn't like?

Can you elaborate on what changes you didn't like?

Sure. Apart from the shoes -which I've already mentioned- The flashing webshooters bothered me. What possible reason did they have to flash except to sell toys of them to children?
The changes to the torso and gloves bothered me aswell because, like I said, they were just pointless. Change for the sake of change, y'know?

Sure. Apart from the shoes -which I've already mentioned- The flashing webshooters bothered me. What possible reason did they have to flash except to sell toys of them to children?
The changes to the torso and gloves bothered me aswell because, like I said, they were just pointless. Change for the sake of change, y'know?
I don't see why the shoes'd be a problem. Would it be better for him to walk with a sock on? Not to me. I'd come home with sores and scabs on the bottom of my foot if i were Spider-Man and I'd have to wear a sock. What else is there to put under his foot?

I don't see why the shoes'd be a problem. Would it be better for him to walk with a sock on? Not to me. I'd come home with sores and scabs on the bottom of my foot if i were Spider-Man and I'd have to wear a sock. What else is there to put under his foot?

Ignoring the fact that these are comic book movies and stuff like that never, EVER bothers me, the soles could still be reinforced, just painted red. The silver aspect of the shoes is what bothers me the most about them, I think. It throws the colour scheme of the whole costume right off.

Didn't people get over it? I use to hate the shoes

Ignoring the fact that these are comic book movies and stuff like that never, EVER bothers me, the soles could still be reinforced, just painted red. The silver aspect of the shoes is what bothers me the most about them, I think. It throws the colour scheme of the whole costume right off.
What if they made them like the promo pics, you know, where the shoes were photoshopped red. Would that still bother you?

It's a quite useless ploy to just make the suit different when the TAS-M suit could've easily been some padded "boots" like in Raimi's trilogy. And instead, we see that Peter actually has shoes...just half-ass wrapped around with the material of his suit.

If I had a Spider-Man suit and had to run around NY, you bet I would wear shoes.

Red boots? Hell no.

I hardly ever noticed the shoes in the movie, so I didn't hate it. Really the only thing I don't like about the suit is the red flash on the web-shooters.

If I had a Spider-Man suit and had to run around NY, you bet I would wear shoes.

Red boots? Hell no.

Christ...

a_child_spiderman_boot_covers.jpg

The scene where Spidey first meets Sandman and has to empty the "boot". Yah, not really a boot, now is it? And much better than a shoe with material wrapped around it.

:whatever:

Christ...

The scene where Spidey first meets Sandman and has to empty the "boot". Yah, not really a boot, now is it? And much better than a shoe with material wrapped around it.

Would it help after every joke I tell you in bold I'm joking?

I'm joking.

Christ...

I don't get what you're trying to say.

no huge problem with the shoes as a custom part of his costume. But I do hate when in both ASM and the Raimi trilogy when they climb the walls with their regular shoes on. I just love when he wears socks and cant get a grip with rubber soles on. ill get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"