Application: DC: 1877

Man, there is some serious potential for ass-kickery for anyone who picks up Alan Scott.

Man, there is some serious potential for ass-kickery for anyone who picks up Alan Scott.

Whoever plays Jay Garrick will be a horses' ass....

Seriously...Barry's horse is named Jay, he's the one with the superspeed.

I actually changed my mind about Robin..

I was thinking about coming up with a story for a Sheriff Gordon.

What do you guys think?

I actually changed my mind about Robin..

I was thinking about coming up with a story for a Sheriff Gordon.

What do you guys think?

I don't know, there's a bunch of characters out there to choose from. Gordon is a good choice, but I'd like to see superheroes and villians for right now.

No, cause I didn't plan on joining since I'm not a big fan on westerners as we discussed last night. But it doesn't change how I feel.

Yeah that's true. I'm not too familiar with the DC Universe, but I still wouldn't mind participating; the concept is badass.

Course, to add further opinion about your idea, byrd...I think it would be best if certain heroes just weren't part of this universe. Namely one likes Supes. Having someone like Supes just wouldn't make sense.

No, cause I didn't plan on joining since I'm not a big fan on westerners as we discussed last night. But it doesn't change how I feel.

C'mon...you know you want to...I mean, not all of it can be westerns. Alot of things were going on in the cities during the late 1800's.

Course, to add further opinion about your idea, byrd...I think it would be best if certain heroes just weren't part of this universe. Namely one likes Supes. Having someone like Supes just wouldn't make sense.

I agree. I mean, he's really hard to fit into the western scheme. Clark Kent is able to adapt, but Big Blue is another story.

Well the main reason, is because you cannot really have anything that would be able to stand up against him. Not unless you went along the lines of say, the Timmverse where Chronos had given technology to those western villains.

Supes would be unstoppable. There wouldn't be any type of technology or mad scientist like characters like you would've seen in say, the Silver Age, since everything is so premature being post-Civil War.

Well the main reason, is because you cannot really have anything that would be able to stand up against him. Not unless you went along the lines of say, the Timmverse where Chronos had given technology to those western villains.

Supes would be unstoppable.

Well, Jonah Hex almost killed his ass with Kryptonite bullets.

Not if kryptonite were found, and intergrated into weapons, such as bullets and powders.

I know, and that is what I'm saying. It would become a huge cliche with the only way to beat him being kryptonite bullets.

I dunno, just trying to add to your RPG to make it more well rounded. I just don't see certain chars fitting in. For example, I may be a big Aquaman fan, but I couldn't picture Aquaman 1877. With the way things are, certain characters like that would be too powerful.

I know, and that is what I'm saying. It would become a huge cliche with the only way to beat him being kryptonite bullets.

I dunno, just trying to add to your RPG to make it more well rounded. I just don't see certain chars fitting in. For example, I may be a big Aquaman fan, but I couldn't picture Aquaman 1877. With the way things are, certain characters like that would be too powerful.

Superman is really one of the few that would be "too powerful" I could see Aquaman working, don't forget rivers were still a major source of transportation in 1877.

No use trying to get me in with Aquaman, byrd. :oldrazz:

If I were to join, he wouldn't be the hero I would choose.

No use trying to get me in with Aquaman, byrd. :oldrazz:

If I were to join, he wouldn't be the hero I would choose.

I was just saying Aquaman isn't unuseable. Like I said, heroes like Supes, Brainiac, and maybe Metallo can't be done with out really, really, altering their backstory and powers.

I might go for Deathstroke, is he too powerful?

Nah, Deathstroke could easily be done well. Who I would define as too powerful would be people who can lift several tons.

Because think about it, sure you could have villains to match like there actually are...but aside from the scenery how would the RPG be any different from any other DC one then?

Essentially? I see this mainly for the more human type of characters. Otherwise, it is like any other DC RPG just with a different setting. The stories would essentially be the same. And when I think of a westernized superhero RPG? I don't think of anything like other superhero RPGs would be.

What I'd say for characters like Superman and Aquaman is to tone down their powers... make them more humanistic, to blend in, maybe even taking away some of their powers. But I don't think completely slicing off a number of iconic characters to the universe is a good idea, as it limits alot of favorites from useage. Especially given that, for instance, Superman comes from a southern upbringing, which I could see working really well in this setting.

Someone already suggested him? I can't see it anywhere..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"