Application: The Multiversers RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catman_prb

Sad Clown
Reaction score
I know this had been done before, but I think it could work under the new guidlines for short-term rpgs, so please read through before you dismiss it as repeating the errors of the past. For your consideration, I give you:

The Multiversers RPG

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Catman_prb

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: [email protected]

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: None so far, but I'm not sure if I'd need any help with it. Open for consideration

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?:
A short-term RPG based upon the new single season format, with an involved GM. A certain amount of player characters would be essential, but the GM would be in control of NPCs and other aspects of the storyline if necessary. Players can choose one of the Chosen, or a mission related character (MRC). My hope is that if (if) this works out, then the Multiversers concept could tried out with new scenarios.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer):

The Chosen
A group of heroes from different realities within the DC multiverse have been recruited by a mysterious entity known as Chronos to defend reality from collapse. They do what Chronos can not; they enter unstable timelines to fix problems that threaten the multiverse and lend what help they can to the citizens of that reality. If they survive their mission, they can hope for only one thing - to make it home.

The Mission

Earth-25 is a universe where Darkseid launched a successful invasion of Earth after gaining the power of the Anti-Life equation. Achieving virtual godhood, Darkseid murdered Superman and butchered heroes in the hundreds. The forces of Apokalips have occupied the Earth, dividing up the world into virtual feudal states. Of the heroes that survived, the meta-humans are held in stasis in a giant prison complex that was formerly Manhatten, a group of human heroes are leading a resistance movement in the Southern United States, and scores have submitted themselves to the new regime. The news that worries Chronos is thus - Darkseid has learned of an ancient Martian device hidden somewhere on Earth that will allow his mad empire to spread to other parts of the multiverse. The Chosen must stop him.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): I've always thought that the Multiversers was a great concept, and it was unfortunate that it always petered out (especially before I could take part in it_. I think with some dedicated players and an involved GM, this new format could bring a really great game back to life.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: The Multiversers RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

The Multiversers RPG
Character Application

Character's name:

Powers and attributes:

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC):

How is this character different from the mainstream version?:

What can you bring to the game?:

Sample Post:

I'd be interested.

And I'd be interested in playing Dark Knight Returns's Batman.

This could be interesting just based on doing the one mission. Hopefully it won't give people enough time to get bogged down.

I'm always up for a Multiversers.

If this turns out to be a hit, I've got a pretty good idea fleshed out for another game like this.

I'm in but if there a chance that we can avoid a Darkseid scenario.

Nothing against your arc idea Cats just with Final Crisis not THAT long ago and the last Season of the DC RPG I'm preferring to not deal with old 'Seid. Another convincing and worthy world conquering character could be like Brainiac depending on the version of him you go with. There are other villains as well I'm sure we could think of if everyone pitched in ideas.

Just an opinion.

I like the idea of Brainiac. Maybe he's destroyed every other planet in whatever Universe the game will take place in and only Earth stands in his way?

Sounds good. Another thing that's been suggested is a team of villains having conquered the planet - sort of like Wanted, I guess.

I've been looking at large-scale JLA/JSA villains and still going through them but one that I always found interesting was the villain Starbreaker.

He feeds on negative emotions; essentially a cosmic vampire. He was a threat to all the JLA combined. I will post more ideas but if some of you don't see the potential for him to be a conquering threat on Earth-25 then I think he should be a candidate member if the majority wants to go with the idea of a team of villains who conquered the Earth.

Another candidate for solo conquest could be Gog. Not to be mistaken for Magog. Gog was introduced in Geoff Johns JSA run towards the end of his run. Way I see this working is he gets majority of the world to worship him as their new God.

Another candidate for solo conquest could be Neron.

If the team idea is preferred also I would like to put Vandal Savage as a candidate and potential leader of the villains.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a world that's been taken over by supervillains. It gives us tons of opportunity for some of the more impulsive characters to go in swinging at the villain factions, get beaten down, and be forced to stick around with the intellectually based characters to survive the mission. Vandal Savage would be a great foil for that, aswell, perhaps having ties to another baddie beyond Earth. Perhaps Mongul, who's looking to expand Warworld's reach by turning Earth into the next big arena, or an upgraded Brainiac, who succeeded in killing Superman and watched the world delve into chaos for the sake of studying humanity's capacity to devolve.

The Chosen's goal itself could even be shrouded in mystery. Do they have to fix the world and steer it towards the good? Do they have to stop the rebellion who threaten to throw the chaos-thriving world off balance? Questions like that could be quite the moral dilemma for people like, say, Carnage's DKR Batman - a character who literally believes that all an encompassing tyrannical order is essential.

Yea I'm liking the idea of a team of villains conquered the most. Especially since you mentioned Mongul into my idea of Vandal being one of the villains. It would be awesome to do some posts in a Warworld on Earth. :awesome:

So far for the team of villains I'd be happy with Vandal and Mongul being members.

I like the idea of Brainiac over Darkseid.

But what would be better is if we didn't know who the big bad was.

Think about it. The GM keeps the identity of the Bag Bad a secret (think Monarch). Then drops little clues the whole season, and the heroes and villains have to work towards stopping an enemy they know nothing about. In fact, big villains could be brought into the game that the heroes think is the big bad, but actually isn't.

I vote mysterious baddie. :up:

Gives Cats' the one up on all of us.

Actually that sounds like an excellent idea. Who've we got that's interested so far then?

Yea I vote for mystery baddie. Makes it that much more intriguing to continue playing once it has started.

I'm interested to take part in this one, as long as I think I can juggle another RP at the time.

Mysterious Baddie sounds very interesting...if this thing gets going yeah I can give it a shot.

I make those that are interested:
Myself
Carnage27
Batman
Trusty
MST3K
Red Robin
?Byrd?
?Wieg?

So if the two that I've question marked are up for it, that's the full 8...

I'm in. Though, this'll probably be the "cap" for my rpg involvement, so to speak.

I'm on the fence right now. Like the idea, but I can't think of anyone to play right now. So, put me down as a maybe.

Excellent...excellent...all goes according to plan...

I'm on the fence right now. Like the idea, but I can't think of anyone to play right now. So, put me down as a maybe.

With the new voting system, even maybes count.

Now that I think about it, getting a minimum number of players interested before adding your game to the vote isn't necessary any more. Everyone who's voting will have a chance to rank a game based on their interest when it comes time for the vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"