Aquaman Spoilers Thread (just in case ;) - please don’t enter if you don’t want to be spoiled)

Discussion in 'Aquaman' started by Iceman, Dec 12, 2018.

1. -Arya- World’s Strangest Heroes

Nope no laughing at the movie in my audience at all really. Even during the cheesier moments like the octopus playing the drums or Manta and Orm saying their names. The audience already knew what they were in for after the first 20 minutes and myself and everyone included loved it.

2. Micromind New World New Rules

Do you mean audience laughed AT the movie 'cause they found it bad /cringe-worthy bad ? I don't remember them doing that but they laughed at some scenes which looked hilarious like First time Atlanna throws her pentadent at TV and dog looks scared and hides. Or when Mera eats a rose, or when Topo appears playing drums. Another scene that got laughs is Arthur's "show-off ..pee at this thing" line.

3. Micromind New World New Rules

I liked this line by Orm -
    "You wield our mother's trident. Powerful but flawed: like her. I wield my father's; AND IT HAS NEVER KNOWN DEFEAT!"

Patchwork Man, frankgutz and Iceman like this.
  4. harlequinade DayGirl

The pee line got insane laugh on my third screening, selfie scene got the biggest in all three :D

Micromind likes this.
  5. kguillou Registered

That pee line was hilarious, but it was hilarious because of the way Mamoa delivered it. That couldve easily been facepalm worthy out of another actor’s mouth.

6. Micromind New World New Rules

Yeah, Momoa, Patrick Wilson delivered all their lines perfectly, any other actor would find it difficult to say those lines. Some of the dialogue was a bit rough.

7. kguillou Registered

Yup. I bought it when Wilson said “call me OCEAN MASTER” because he delivered it with gravitas which is why it was a badass moment. Again, another moment that couldve easily been cringeworthy from another actor.

And it also helped that Wan took those moments seriously. I feel like a lot of other directors would’ve used Aquaman’s mythology to continuously wink at us and be like “aint this stupid comic book s**** silly??” Its nice to have a director for a change that took the mythology and story seriously but still had fun with it.

8. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah, I liked how he said it.

Totally agreed also. I would rather see these awesome mythological legends embraced than turned into a big joke.

9. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I love that line!! Perfect thing to say before the battle starts.

10. chintai80 oh hi.

yup, i think Wan struck the right balance between taking these over the top fantasies seriously enough (without coming off as pretentious) while having fun with it at the same time.

and that's what i liked about the movie.

11. dhandler01 Half breed!

Yes including myself. Some of it is too ridiculous even for a comic book geek like me. It wasnt negative it was me going "Are you bleeping kidding me?" and laughing at them even trying it. Obvious scene was Jason and Amber slow walking out of the water...I laughed AT that not with it. Still loved it though ;)

12. Claude_Speed Registered

I think they should have saved Black Manta's action scenes for the sequel. They kinda blew it there. We've already seen him in the suit and fighting against Aquaman, so I don't feel like there are many surprises left. And the worst part is that he's already been defeated by Aquaman, which is a bad idea. A villain should not lose to the hero until the very end imo.

The movie should have ended with him getting his suit for the first time. That would have also made the movie shorter.

13. Aurakles Registered

I hope Arthur gave King Atlans clothes a bit of a clean before he put them on.

14. harlequinade DayGirl

The unintentionally funny laugh in one of my screenings was Dolph saying "SHE IS THE DAUGHTER OF XEBEL" :lmao:

15. chintai80 oh hi.

i find it cool that arthur showed mercy and spared orm.
    that's not how these movies have been playing out usually.

the imagery of arthur with his trident pointed at orm when he's on his knees is probably going to become iconic.

i hope they follow through in the sequels with how their relationship evolves.

"when you're ready...let's talk."

frankgutz likes this.
  16. Micromind New World New Rules

make sure he has a view

17. Micromind New World New Rules

Some questions I have seen around the I'net about this movie

Ques: What is Arthur's character arc in this movie? What does he learn? How does he grow? Why was he worthy of wielding the Trident? There's pretty much no story or character development.

Ans :Arthur learned the value of mercy. He deliberately acted like a jerk over Manta's dad, which created Manta who then proceeded to endanger his and Mera's life.

By the end, he extends mercy to everyone, including his brother.

The other thing is he accepts the other half part of his heritage (Atlantean) that he was ignoring and takes up the responsibility to represent both worlds, instead of running away from it.

Mr. Forest and chintai80 like this.
  18. COCOS Registered

i rather he join lex luthor to form his league alongside deathstroke, but since that was a synder thing i bet the whole plan is scrapped, that's too bad

19. Aurakles Registered

Wasn't that scene redone by Whedon? Either way I wouldn't bet on a LOD film anytime soon.