Age of Ultron Age of Ultron SPOILER thread, DO NOT enter if you don't want to be spoiled!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very excited and looking forward to this movie, then I read these spoilers and now my excitement is gone. I have 3 main problems with this movie (based solely on thee spoilers I read).

1. Quicksilver "dying".

2. Hawkeye being made more similar to his (IMO) crappy Ultimate version by having a wife and kids. How generically Hollywood and boring can you get?

3. Vision picking up and wielding Thor's hammer.

I guess when it comes to Wheedon, the old saying "the emperor has no clothes" is the best way to describe him. He is a good writer/director, but he is way overrated (IMO).

I like that Whedon likes the characters, but I'm so glad the Russo Brothers are taking over the franchise. I'm still pissed about Cap's outfit on the first Avengers movie lol :woot:

Guys what do you think about hulkbuster knocking out the hulk? I was almost sure that it will be a favourite because of the huge marketing campaign related to it. But seriously how do you find this? Hulkbuster knocking out hulk after a long fight where hulk is supposed to grow stronger? And please don't discuss whether its true or not its already confirmed that its true by the guy on IMDB.

we dont even know if the Hulk getting stronger the more angry he is even a thing in the MCU

In for another bit, more burning questions?

As I said, there isn't so much fighting going on between Vision and the Avengers.

Thor destroys that city that is about to shatter Earth in the end, so that's pretty important. Other than that, the usual smashing.

Wanda is along with Clint the best character in the movie. Witty, badass, layered, emotional, angry.

It's a good ensemble movie.

Thor destroys the city?

Alright guys. I am sorry that some people are worrying and pissed about Vision and Thor. Everyone has a right to an opinion and it sucks that it is causing some some stress, but to those it is, lets look for a minute at it, maybe it'll make it easier.

Thor has his typical fighting stuff, with a few cool moves. Alright.
He's the only one who is resonating with a bigger picture, he sees something bigger coming the avengers don't.
He goes on his own personal quest. On his own. And parts of that quest is on screen. That's kinda cool.

Vision smacks Thor's hammer away, (density), and lifts it and throws it at him, "knocking him back". and that's it. Doesn't mean he could defeat him (which he could) Also, keep in mind that Vision is amped by an Infinity Stone. He's essentially a living infinity stone. If comic vision had the mind stone, I'm sorry, but he's more powerful than Thor. The stones channel infinity amounts of energy. When Thanos gets the gauntlet, I'm sure we'll get a regular vision.

ALSO, Thor destroys an entire city. AN ENTIRE CITY. That's a massive feat of power, and shows that Thor HAS to hold back. To me, that's groundbreaking

Given what I'm hearing, Thor sounds like he's getting some respect.

So if you're concerned and you haven't seen the movie, there may be some good showings from Thor. Your perspective is being channeled through an existing worry as you react to certain spoilers a certain way. All is well with Thor guys!

That's way too many. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read spoiler threads. It's pretty simple. Heck, if you don't want to be spoiled, tread lighten on any blog/forum post about a movie of interest. :whatever:
DUDE IM SAYING I CANT BE THE ONLY WHO WANTS SOME SPOLIERS NOT ALL OF THEM....:hmr:

Well....that's what the general thread is for with spoiler tags...you can choose to open spoilers there...classifying spoilers is nuts

Avengers: Age of Weaksauce

Exactly, unless he can control it with his "mind". I'm getting super pissed. I'M gonna be the next villain for Avengers... All I need is a mirror to reflect Vision's blast since he's the only character worth a damn, apparently. :sly:

"Whedon, you've failed this city." -Oliver Queen

He's probably trying to leave the Avengers since they suck now. :gngl: Don't blame 'em, best go looking' fer them there Inhumans. :woot:

This movie is sounding like a major let down. :csad:

I heard he's in full armor and has a small bit of him fighting/holding off some Ultron bots. I hope he has his new model armor.

But they should just let the Vision do a big Kamehameha Wave on the place and get it over with since he's the supreme being going forward.

LOL, quoted because I agree with you and because your posts are funny as hell.

The only thing that would bother me if true is Quicksilver dying, there's no need, the huge catastrophe that Ultron is going to cause seems depressing enough. That without taking into account that Hulk goes missing after all this. It seems lazy.

Does anything of note happen with Doctor Cho?

And I agree. I can get why people are upset about QS but the last thing the MCU needs is another death that is quickly overturned or revealed to be a fakeout. And the thing is most of the other choices people kept throwing out like War Machine or Selvig would have had no impact since those characters aren't terribly important to the Avengers franchise.

DUDE IM SAYING I CANT BE THE ONLY WHO WANTS SOME SPOLIERS NOT ALL OF THEM....:hmr:
But what you're asking for is just overly complex and splitting hairs. It's just easier for everyone to find spoilers in one thread instead having to jump around 3-4 just because you want them separated out.

Does anyone know if it's been mentioned anywhere else on where the scene featuring Thor having a burst of lighting go through his body as a gypsy woman dances in the background takes place at?

Long time lurker, brand new poster. So forgive me if my words are out of line for such a newbie but I feel it needs to be said.

It seems people are getting very bent out of shape by spoilers because it goes against what they want/expect/personal head-canon. Now, there is nothing inherently wrong with having apprehension about things. if you don't like the sounds of things then by all means, dislike it. But why not see the film, put everything into context and THEN criticize?

One of the downsides about the MCU is that it sets expectations that maybe shouldn't be set.

Like take Quicksilver's supposed demise for example. He has his fans, I've always found him boring and 2-dimensional, but that doesn't mean a thing so I digress. Fans just assumed he would be a mainstay from here on out because hey, he's Quicksilver and this is the MCU, a shared Universe...an ongoing story. But that doesn't stop the fact that these are films. Not comics. They need to have stakes. They need to stir things up, take risks. If killing QS works within the narrative, then why not be ok with it? See how it plays out first. Don't expect to hate it or you will end up hating it regardless. Now, if you go in as objectively and fairly as possible and still hate it, fine. But why NOT try and be objective? Wouldn't you rather be surprised over angry?

EXACTLY!!

I wanted to see him fight the Avengers so they could have a different type of battle. Seriously, the Avengers fighting the Ultron bots is just another Chitauri army battle, but this time the Ultron bots are EVEN WEAKER. They get hit once and fall to pieces. Black Widow just shoots at them and they fall...and they're made out of metal.

Vision simply picking up Thor's hammer is silly. I knew the party scene would allude to something, but this is weak. I'd be ok with him knocking it away due to his density powers (and since Kurse did the same thing on Thor 2).

Again, the movie looks cool, but at what cost? :o

Quoted because I agree with you (again).

I was very excited and looking forward to this movie, then I read these spoilers and now my excitement is gone. I have 3 main problems with this movie (based solely on thee spoilers I read).

1. Quicksilver "dying".

2. Hawkeye being made more similar to his (IMO) crappy Ultimate version by having a wife and kids. How generically Hollywood and boring can you get?

3. Vision picking up and wielding Thor's hammer.

I guess when it comes to Wheedon, the old saying "the emperor has no clothes" is the best way to describe him. He is a good writer/director, but he is way overrated (IMO).

1. If it works in context, then I'm fine with it.

2. Actually, the generic Hollywood boring thing (and also generic comic book thing as well) would be to make Hawkeye all "oh woe is me, I'm a hero. So my personally life must suck because I'm a hero and that sucks." A hero having a pretty stable home life is actually a refreshing change of pace.

3. Cap lifts the hammer=no one bats an eyelash. Vision (or any of the others) does it=dumb. Ok that's kind of random.

Does anyone know if Stark's new suit as any new distinctive features that makes it special or is it solely the athstetics?

2. Actually, the generic Hollywood boring thing (and also generic comic book thing as well) would be to make Hawkeye all "oh woe is me, I'm a hero. So my personally life must suck because I'm a hero and that sucks." A hero having a pretty stable home life is actually a refreshing change of pace.

3. Cap lifts the hammer=no one bats an eyelash. Vision (or any of the others) does it=dumb. Ok that's kind of random.

"But it isn't like the comics!"

I like you too Jaqua but understand I don't have a problem with someone's different opinion. It's the way they present or talk about their opinions Barchiel here lets his opinion be known in a very childish manner mocking and making fun of the film or its characters and title. If you go back and read his posts you'll see what I mean.

One example was his calling the film now AOU: Weaksauce. So I simply did the same back to him saying aww how he is crying and being childish. If he articulated his opinion and spoke about it in a more mature normal way, then we could be able to discuss it normally and civilly. Do you get what I'm trying to say?

Yeah I read his comments, and yours, THEN made that post. I get that man,. But doesn't that just add fuel to the fire, or his fire? personal attacks aren't necessary, especially when you don't know what's going on in his head or anything about him. It looks kind of like bullying. I KNOW you don't mean to come off this way, so I figured I'd just let ya know what I see. If he feels the need to worry, and spew let him, and block, as you did. It's probably his way of blowing off steam/accepting.

As far as just discussing things calmly and mature, I get the complaint, but it's not that easy for some. I can tell you first hand. As someone who has suffered from a bit of neuroticism in the past because of anxiety, I get how it can be difficult to contain thoughts when you're upset about something that's kind of personal. I'm not saying he's neurotic, but sometimes it's just not that easy to calm down and talk rationally about it something that's upsetting. We are emotionally expressive animals living in a very stressful world.

Do I think his behavior is necessary? No. But that's fine. Clearly there's nothing to worry about as Thor has his greatest feat of power yet.

Destroying an entire city, potentially in space is a HUGE feat of power for the MCU. That's kinda insane, and exactly what I want to see out of Thor

Cap lifting it has more meaning, especially when it comes to the comics. It could allude to him losing his shield vs. Thanos and him picking the hammer up and yelling "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE" to motivate all the defeated heroes would be awesome. :cs: Heck, folks would stand up in the theaters ready to do battle with Thanos.

Vision lifting the hammer — not so much. If anything, it'd be cool to see Vision have a battle with Thor or Hulk just so he can demonstrate his power. But Vision is the Avengers messiah, so I guess that isn't needed.

Hide your hammers and hide your stones because Vision is taking everything up in here!

Destroying an entire city, potentially in space is a HUGE feat of power for the MCU. That's kinda insane, and exactly what I want to see out of Thor

It is kind of strange that despite Thor having displayed several incredible feats of power throughout his appearances in the MCU (nuclear-like blast on the Frost Giants's Planet, destroying the Destroyer with ease, killing several Chitauri dragons with a single lighting blast, defeating Malekith when he's charged by an Infinity Stone, smashing Iron Man's Gauntlet with ease, etc), people seem to place an majority of their focus on the feats committed by other heroes.lol

Liking what I'm hearing about Thor and Vision. However I'm pissed that Hulk loses to HB, but I expected it. RDJ probably has it in his contract to never lose, like Vin Diesel in F&F. That to me is a huge crock of ****.

Long time lurker, brand new poster. So forgive me if my words are out of line for such a newbie but I feel it needs to be said.

It seems people are getting very bent out of shape by spoilers because it goes against what they want/expect/personal head-canon. Now, there is nothing inherently wrong with having apprehension about things. if you don't like the sounds of things then by all means, dislike it. But why not see the film, put everything into context and THEN criticize?

One of the downsides about the MCU is that it sets expectations that maybe shouldn't be set.

Like take Quicksilver's supposed demise for example. He has his fans, I've always found him boring and 2-dimensional, but that doesn't mean a thing so I digress. Fans just assumed he would be a mainstay from here on out because hey, he's Quicksilver and this is the MCU, a shared Universe...an ongoing story. But that doesn't stop the fact that these are films. Not comics. They need to have stakes. They need to stir things up, take risks. If killing QS works within the narrative, then why not be ok with it? See how it plays out first. Don't expect to hate it or you will end up hating it regardless. Now, if you go in as objectively and fairly as possible and still hate it, fine. But why NOT try and be objective? Wouldn't you rather be surprised over angry?

Totally agree with this. Unfortunately, this is a CBM site and CBM fans tend to overreact to things. Can't say I'm a fan of some of these spoilers but I'll give Marvel and Whedon a shot to prove to me why these decisions were made.

It is kind of strange that despite Thor having displayed several incredible feats of power throughout his appearances in the MCU (nuclear-like blast on the Frost Giants's Planet, destroying the Destroyer with ease, killing several Chitauri dragons with a single lighting blast, defeating Malekith when he's charged by an Infinity Stone, smashing Iron Man's Gauntlet with ease, etc), people seem to place an majority of their focus on the feats committed by other heroes.lol

One-shotting a Kronan too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back