Are you an ass-kisser at work?

I dont kiss azz..I'm a straight up person. But we have sooo many azz kissers and back stabbers here where i work its not funny

No, I'm not an ass-kisser. I show up to work, put in my hours and then go home. I get along with with everyone, and thats good enough.

^ Pretty much what he said, really. ^

I don't kiss arse. Everyone knows my opinions in there, but I do it in a relaxed way. You get some people who can't express their opinions at work without yelling. Thankfully, I am not one of them :)

I avoid my boss to no end, hes intimidating ha

Never.

Hell, I don't even laugh at upper management's lame ass typical 'cube/office' type jokes. Even when I know it's going to make me look like an ******* because they stare at me like 'wtf is this guy's problem'.

I usually do my own thing at work, chat it up with the few people I like and deal with my real life once im off of work.

I don't even go to company get togethers even when my manager really wants me to. I don't know, anyone else treat their job as just what you Have to do to make money? Kind of like, you go in keep your head down and power through it to get home to your real life.

Never.

Hell, I don't even laugh at upper management's lame ass typical 'cube/office' type jokes. Even when I know it's going to make me look like an ******* because they stare at me like 'wtf is this guy's problem'.

I usually do my own thing at work, chat it up with the few people I like and deal with my real life once im off of work.

I don't even go to company get togethers even when my manager really wants me to. I don't know, anyone else treat their job as just what you Have to do to make money? Kind of like, you go in keep your head down and power through it to get home to your real life.

At certain levels that is not enough if you want to push further in a career. The people who really make it are not those that can crunch numbers, it is those that can bring in money.

At certain levels that is not enough if you want to push further in a career. The people who really make it are not those that can crunch numbers, it is those that can bring in money.

Um...I realize that Ahura. It's just that it wasn't my F'ing dream in life to work for a god damn Insurance company. My main goal in life right now is to get my credit card paid off so I don't have as many bills, so I can then quit and go back to school.

Depends on what ass-kissing is.

I mean if my boss asks me to do something I say sure. Because its always 99% work related and is a specific task or project. Usually if I dont think its possible or I think the purpose of the project or campaign (Im in advertising) doesnt work, I offer an alternative solution.
Lately though I feel like I should dispute the purpose of certain campaigns/projects cause I feel (and when I end up doing them I see) that they dont serve the intended purpose. Its only when its really obvious.

So it depends...

I dont do the company get togethers. I work when I'm there and I do my job well. When I leave, that place ceases to exist. No one ever said you are entitled to have your dream job...it happens for some people, not for everyone

Theres this ***** at work who often brings words to put me down. She's okay to work with sometimes but other times, I wish she could just F off for once and let me do my job. I hate those ppl who make others feel bad just to make themselves better than anyone.

I usually weird people out. I think it's the convention photos and the anime.

In essence, it is the nature of the beast I guess. Some of the dudes up here act like they were in the same frat and ****, which I assume some of them were, so it can be difficult to be unbiased in that sense.

Why would I kiss my own ass.....:confused:....I have 24 employees who can do it to me though....:heart:

I Personally think the term 'ass kissing' is one that has been raised to justify those who perhaps excel quicker in their career development because they know how to play the game better.

A lot of people here aren't either working in their desired fields or aren't close to their ideal jobs yet but if the opportunity is there for progression, I don't see why one shouldn't try to grab it with both arms.

A large percent of business isn't dealt with in the board room and people at the end of the day are simply people and everyone knows getting on with the right people will help you (considering everything else is there) along your way.

Now if your employers are not nice people then fair enough but if they seem alright, there's nothing wrong with leaving them with a good impression of yourself, you never know where that may lead you in life.

The funny thing is that the higher you go in your career the more informal business relationships get and the big money gets played out in a more casual way so probably the more ass you need to kiss. My father was a politician and you should just see the way he cuts other ministers down but in their presence they all are kissing major ass, it's just the way the game is played.

As long as you can separate your work self from your private self and you don't kiss ass or want your ass kissed in real life, then fair enough.

Scott didn't become leader of the x-men for nothing. no wonder he's got those ruby=quartz lenses on, it's to stop all the **** going in his eyes...

think about it...

I Personally think the term 'ass kissing' is one that has been raised to justify those who perhaps excel quicker in their career development because they know how to play the game better.

A lot of people here aren't either working in their desired fields or aren't close to their ideal jobs yet but if the opportunity is there for progression, I don't see why one shouldn't try to grab it with both arms.

A large percent of business isn't dealt with in the board room and people at the end of the day are simply people and everyone knows getting on with the right people will help you (considering everything else is there) along your way.

Now if your employers are not nice people then fair enough but if they seem alright, there's nothing wrong with leaving them with a good impression of yourself, you never know where that may lead you in life.

The funny thing is that the higher you go in your career the more informal business relationships get and the big money gets played out in a more casual way so probably the more ass you need to kiss. My father was a politician and you should just see the way he cuts other ministers down but in their presence they all are kissing major ass, it's just the way the game is played.

As long as you can separate your work self from your private self and you don't kiss ass or want your ass kissed in real life, then fair enough.

Scott didn't become leader of the x-men for nothing. no wonder he's got those ruby=quartz lenses on, it's to stop all the **** going in his eyes...

think about it...

Well said....usually a person who throws the term 'ass kisser' around is either someone who is stuck where they are and are jealous others around them are moving up or do just enough to get by at their job.

I have been at my current job for about a year and a half. Just recently a new position was created and I was asked by upper management to fill that position. Usually if there is an open position, a posting will go out for it..people will apply, so on and so forth. So the announcement goes out yesterday and I hear a certain individual griping about how they should have had people apply for it, so on and so forth. This is a person who has attendance issues and is barely getting by, but has been there for like 3 years and thinks they are entitled to things they are not

^Meh, you two are just corporate drones bowing down to the man. :o

All you people saying "No, I show up and do my work and go home" are full of ****. EVERYONE kisses ass at some point. It's almost necessary at times, for even the smallest things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"