Age of Ultron Are you tired of Iron Man being overexposed?

So when you STOP and think about it, while Wolverine and Iron Man are both featured more prominently than any of their cast mates, Iron Man's usage doesn't actually turn his supporting castmates into plot point placeholders and cardboard cutouts of actual characters. Iron Man shines the brightest, but he never blocks out the sun to the point that you don't even notice other people are relevant to the movie. Btw, you should have a made a thread called 'Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed'.:oldrazz: Just my two cents.

cm_punk_drop_the_mic_by_paynexkiller-d46psqv.gif

Truth and truth. I personally am always miffed when Iron Man is featured so much over his castmates, and I realize that starts with the way the universe was conceived, long before Avengers was ever scripted. But yeah, he can't hold a candle to Wolverine, which is probably why First Class was easily my favorite X-Men film.

A 20 second cameo at the end of TIH does not count. Please
um, yes it does.
if Andrew Garfield had a cameo any shorter than that in one of these films, you'd sure as hell count that as him being present

An appropriate wrestling analogy IMO is that Iron Man is like The Rock, while Wolverine is like Triple H. :oldrazz:

I don't like Iron Man popping up as the main poster character thought Marvel media though. I miss the Spidey days. :(

I miss the Spidey days as well, though I think Iron Man earned that spot in recent years. Spidey needs better movies coming out, which I don't really see happening for a long while. That's okay with me, though. Spidey had his day in the sun for a while, and it was pretty sweet.

Seriously, though: The hype I had for Spider-Man 2 and 3 are unmatched. Even my hype for The Avengers didn't quite meet my excitement for those Spider-Man movies. Those were the days ...

I see nothing wrong with Spidey sharing the lime light with other characters. He hogged it long enough, other characters deserve a chance.

Right now Parker is pretty much non-existent until he comes back from the dead anyway.

Truth and truth. I personally am always miffed when Iron Man is featured so much over his castmates, and I realize that starts with the way the universe was conceived, long before Avengers was ever scripted. But yeah, he can't hold a candle to Wolverine, which is probably why First Class was easily my favorite X-Men film.

Actually, in terms of being conceived, wasn't ant-man originally going to be the one to kick it off?

Yes and no. It was the first with a director, and very well could have been the first film, but the SLJ teaser ended up with Iron Man, so he was the spear of the Avengers Initiative. Perhaps maybe it would have ended up with Ant-Man if that had come out first, but I don't know what all the cause and effect that went into making the SLJ cameo happen.

True enough, the X-series may as well be the Wolverine series. Jackman is a decent guy and does the role well but damn if I ain't sick of it.

There's no problem with Wolverine being front and centre, the main problem is that everyone else around him is underutilized and they feel worthless so that it's only Wolverine who can do it. X-2 balanced the characters out but it was still the Wolverine show. I like the X-Flicks especially X-2 but the OP who created this thread just wanted to troll. Nothing more.:whatever:

Some more thread ideas for you!

"Are you tired of Batman being over exposed in DC Comics?"
"Are you tired of Loki being over exposed?"
"Are you tired of humanity being over exposed in everything?"

You're welcome!

Some more thread ideas for you!

"Are you tired of Batman being over exposed in DC Comics?"
"Are you tired of Loki being over exposed?"
"Are you tired of humanity being over exposed in everything?"

You're welcome!

:funny: You forgot "Are you tired of Wolverine being over-exposed?":o

Are you tired of Wonder Woman being ignored? :ninja:

Here's some facts to consider in your answer:

Iron Man has had 5 appearances spread over the 7 MCU movies.

His 5 appearances have been spread out over 5 years. That's statisticly 1 appearances a year.

[yada yada]

I am so sick of Iron Man and his once a year appearances in MCU films. I think he should appear at least two times a year, maybe more. In fact, Marvel should start pumping out more films every year just so that Robert Downey Jr.'s armored alter ego can make even more appearances, not just in cameos but as a full-fledged costar. Iron Man makes everything better. :im:

Also, Cyclops was ****ing wrong. Fact. :o

I don't think Iron Man is overexposed. He's gotten the most individual movies, but I don't think that was a big deal. We'll probably see that many movies from cap and thor. I wish Hulk would get more movies, I enjoyed TIH. As for BW and Hawkeye, they don't really deserve solo movies. I'm a fan of bW in the comics, but she's just kind of meh in the avengers, and Hawkeye is about the same. I think they've found a good balance with most of the Marvel movies, with the hulk being the only one who I think needs more solo movies.

I am so sick of Iron Man and his once a year appearances in MCU films. I think he should appear at least two times a year, maybe more. In fact, Marvel should start pumping out more films every year just so that Robert Downey Jr.'s armored alter ego can make even more appearances, not just in cameos but as a full-fledged costar. Iron Man makes everything better. :im:

WORD! :woot:

I simply can't get tired of seeing RDJ on screen. That's where the buck stops for me

:up::funny: I can't believe somebody made a thread about this.:doh::nono:

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with Spidey sharing the lime light with other characters. He hogged it long enough, other characters deserve a chance.

wat? he never got to SHARE it alongside other superheroes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"