Arkham Asylum toyline

ThreeActRomance

Kamen Rider Pariah
Reaction score
does anybody know if there plans to be a figure line (preferably from DC Direct) based on the Arkham Asylum video game..like there was for books such as The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, TDKR, etc...

i would love to have a four figure set with Batman, Joker, Scarecrow and Harley Quinn

certainly haven't heard anything,but it's always a possibility...

Batman doesn't look very different in the game compaired to some comics. Harley Quinn would work though since she is quite different.

I don't know, it seems to me the designs of Batman and all the others are sufficiently different enough to warrant a line of figures. Not that that should be the determining factor, there are plenty of Batman figures that on the surface are basically the same, they are all pretty much based on particular artists interpretations and each one has it's own style. And that would be the case with an AA line.
As to would they do such a line of figures? I think, with the popularity of the game, it would be a mistake not to.

This would be amazing. That game I guarantee is a lot more popular than many of the comic series they have figures for, and gets interest from a whole otehr category of consumer: Not only comics, but video game players. Joker, Quinn, Batman, Scarecrow, Croc and Bane would be awesome. Wouldn't care so much for Zsasz, but wouldnt hate him either. This would be a huge opportunity for DCD

designs are just different enough to warrant production,i think...i mean,just look at what DC Direct has done with Batman alone already,massive amounts of the same character in more or less 1 of 2 outfits - the blue and grey with the oval, the black and grey with the bat - but based each version upon a specific artists interpretation...don't see hy they can't make an AA line,it would be more of the same thing...

well its not a full toyline but i do know someone who is in the process of making a fully custom arkham asylum batman and joker to put up on ebay. its in the exact same scale as the dcuc line and its the same base figures as well. his name is travis and he posts here under the name spidey2007. if anyone is interested i can send them work in progress pics of what hes making and ill be sure to post it on here when the finished product is done and it goes up on ebay.

These would actually be perfect for the guys who made the Justice figures.

mattel should try to pick this up, they could do a better job then dc direct, but ill take the customs. in all honesty its probably the only way well get them is to have an artist make them for us

mattel should try to pick this up, they could do a better job then dc direct, but ill take the customs. in all honesty its probably the only way well get them is to have an artist make them for us

oh,Jesus Christ no!

we'll get 5 figures stretched out over 2 years...

Please no. Keep Mattel away. Isn't sucking the life out of the TDK MM line enough?

I totally agree - I would rather see McFarlane Toys make them or some other company that actually cares about the detail and sculpting of the toys rather than a company that mass produces sub-par toylines to garner a massive profit. Not that McFarlane Toys isn't interested in making a profit, but toy companies like McFarlane Toys at least have an interest in making a quality-looking figure.

I'm sure there are those who disagree.

Here is a link to Amazon that has a box set of four "Arkham Asylum" toys but the group is somewhat strange, it must be from the comic series of the same name.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RJ5YRC
moz-screenshot.jpg

yeah,just rereleases....Bats and the Joker were con-exclusives last year...Penguin and Croc are just the Secret Files figures repainted...

It's really to bad, they would look good in my room (arkham asylum action figures)

I'd love to have figures of the AA versions of the characters, especially Croc and Scarecrow.

if anyone is interested i can get any of those figures made at a decent price. because lets face it, they will NEVER produce these figures. your only way is custom figures and i can show you the way

if anyone is interested i can get any of those figures made at a decent price. because lets face it, they will NEVER produce these figures. your only way is custom figures and i can show you the way

You can't say they NEVEr wiil mae them, you don't know that. Secondly, if you or anyone else is selling ccustoms of these, keep in mind that's illegal unless you have a license to do so, and you could get in trouble. Just a head's up.

your right, im not sure if mattel or dc direct will ever make a crappy, overpriced toyline that they will release 3 figures 2 years from after the game was popular. On the fact of legal jargen about selling these customs, well stop selling them when ebay tells us we cant. You cant censor our artistic vision, there are loopholes to get through that sort of thing. CHECK OUT THE WORK IN PROGRESS PICS BELOW OF THE ARKHAM ASYLUM BATMAN. as you all can see hes in production and will be featured on ebay within the next few weeks

Last edited:
thanks, its alot of work to make an accurate arkham batman suit. as you can see the tiny scale like detail of the suit is all hand sculpted. there a good amount of work to go before its done and ready for the customer. give it a few more weeks. if you look at spidey2007 s other customs of keaton and jack joker from 89 and how great those look, just wait till you see this

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"