Arkham Asylum toyline

does anybody know if there plans to be a figure line (preferably from DC Direct) based on the Arkham Asylum video game..like there was for books such as The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, TDKR, etc...

i would love to have a four figure set with Batman, Joker, Scarecrow and Harley Quinn
With all the success this game has had they will have to produce figures..... at least!

your right, im not sure if mattel or dc direct will ever make a crappy, overpriced toyline that they will release 3 figures 2 years from after the game was popular. On the fact of legal jargen about selling these customs, well stop selling them when ebay tells us we cant. You cant censor our artistic vision, there are loopholes to get through that sort of thing. CHECK OUT THE WORK IN PROGRESS PICS BELOW OF THE ARKHAM ASYLUM BATMAN. as you all can see hes in production and will be featured on ebay within the next few weeks
Um. Why so serious? No really. DC direct has made some nice figures even though they are hit and miss. There is a really nice custom cowl on ebay as we speak...and they have been selling for mad money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Arkham-Asylum-c...in_2?hash=item4a9b02d6df&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

As far as I know DC or Warner don't really go after the small time customizers. There are guys that have been making a living off of selling Batman TV Show customs for years....

Um. Why so serious? No really. DC direct has made some nice figures even though they are hit and miss. There is a really nice custom cowl on ebay as we speak...and they have been selling for mad money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Arkham-Asylum-c...in_2?hash=item4a9b02d6df&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

As far as I know DC or Warner don't really go after the small time customizers. There are guys that have been making a living off of selling Batman TV Show customs for years....

God. Looking at all those awesome replica cowls makes me really depressed at how poor I am.

Probably only because these folks are so small-time that they are completely "under the radar" and not known to Warner's/DC. The funny thing is , under the law, a copyright holder must pursue those who infringe on their copyright, no matter how small, else they risk losing their license. Could you imagine if DC lost the rights to Batman just because they didn't go after a few "small-time" copyright violators? If they know about you, they WILL go after you.

Probably only because these folks are so small-time that they are completely "under the radar" and not known to Warner's/DC. The funny thing is , under the law, a copyright holder must pursue those who infringe on their copyright, no matter how small, else they risk losing their license. Could you imagine if DC lost the rights to Batman just because they didn't go after a few "small-time" copyright violators? If they know about you, they WILL go after you.

I have no idea why DC doesn't go after these guys. Like those guys that make costume and mask prop replicas.

Start a line of the different comic book masks that Batman has work throughout the 70 years he's existed.

Comics, movies, video games, cartoons. A plethora of designs to sell under their label.

And I'd kill a bus full of boy scouts for a Mask of Tengu Batman mask.

I have no idea why DC doesn't go after these guys. Like those guys that make costume and mask prop replicas.

Start a line of the different comic book masks that Batman has work throughout the 70 years he's existed.

Comics, movies, video games, cartoons. A plethora of designs to sell under their label.

I suspect, as I said earlier, it's just that they don't know about them. Of course they may not put that much of an effort in finding them.
Although DC/Warner is not Disney,they may handle such things differently, I can't help but remember when Disney sued a day-care center for using Disney characters to decorate their building without permission. Pretty much a PR disaster for Disney, but they didn't really have much choice. If they didn't pursue it, it could have threatened their license.

I would much rather have DCU/Mattel figures for Arkham Asylum than for Public Enemies.

Well, DC Direct has already done Public Enemies figures (from the book), so for Mattel to do them would be redundant.

They know. It's just such a small market with a limited run traded among a fairly small group of collectors. There is no way that they could reproduce some of these replicas and make them feesable.

If you wanted to mass produce them then yeah, they will come down on you like the wrath of Gawd.

Coming down on the small time collector is just going to alienate their audience. It just isn't worth it to them.....

Oh, I don't mean go after them like suing them or anything.

I mean HIRING them for the specific purpose of creating replica masks or props or whatever.

They'd make millions.

Actyally they did just come down on Johnny Resin. They asked him to quit producing kits from the 66' Batman show and he didnt. They finally sued him. When he dropped it and said he wouldnt make anymore DC dropped the suit.

Actyally they did just come down on Johnny Resin. They asked him to quit producing kits from the 66' Batman show and he didnt. They finally sued him. When he dropped it and said he wouldnt make anymore DC dropped the suit.

I'm not surprised. You shouldn't think that just because you're small potatoes they won't go after you, As I said before, a part of the copyright laws are that if a copyright holder does not vigorously pursue evry violator they discover, the copyright holder COULD LOSE THAT COPYRIGHT. I think the theory behind that is, if the holder isn't that interested in protecting their copyright, then maybe they don't need one. It's very dangerous to assume you can slide by just because you're only small-time. As Johnny Resin found out, to his (their?) detriment.

I'm not surprised. You shouldn't think that just because you're small potatoes they won't go after you, As I said before, a part of the copyright laws are that if a copyright holder does not vigorously pursue evry violator they discover, the copyright holder COULD LOSE THAT COPYRIGHT. I think the theory behind that is, if the holder isn't that interested in protecting their copyright, then maybe they don't need one. It's very dangerous to assume you can slide by just because you're only small-time. As Johnny Resin found out, to his (their?) detriment.

Warner Bros. is not going to lose it's Batman ownership for not going after some motivated fans that want props costumes of toys they have no interest in making.

It's when you set up shop to mass produce they will get you, otherwise they really don't care. Like I said, it isn't worth them alienating a bunch of fans.

Johnny Resin didn't end up with any detriment either. He didn't lose a dime as he represented himself in court. DC's laywer's could have easily crushed him and probably owned part of any income the guy gets period even if its flippin burgers or serving coffee. Once he agreed to quit making models they dropped the suit.

I could point you to a few web sites and a whole slew of ebay sellers that are flying under their radar. To think DC doesn't know about them is absurd.

I'd love to see figures of the Arkham Asylum Game characters, especially Harley Quinn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"